Worried Sick

Worriedsick

1 minute ago, Worriedsick said:

I am going to have such a great festival now.  Even though it's not a 100% positive, it's so much better than I'd feared.

And I will never take my health for granted again.  Whatever happens.  I really didn't think it would happen to me. Now I realise it could and I need to take that into account.

Live life to the full and love every moment, see you in the fields of dreams x

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Live life to the full and love every moment, see you in the fields of dreams x

4 minutes ago, Worriedsick said:

Thanks again everyone.

And don't take your health for granted.

And take up every check the NHS offers you.

I am still a bit shocked and can't quite get back on track for Glasto - but give me 24 hours and I'll be high on the excitement levels again I'm sure.  

Totally agree. You never know what will happen, so have a good time when you can! I had M.E years ago, since then when people ask what my “life” plan is, I tell them I’m just happy to be alive and fairly well functioning! 

Have a great festival, I’m sure you will! Xxxx

• Upvote 1

This is great news! I'm so glad you can go back to your life and to the 8 day countdown! 
Maybe the rest of us should take this as a reminder to schedule our pap smears and prostate exams for when we are back from the festival ...

Edited by Gabi_says

@Worriedsick I have literally just gone through all this,

Sorry I've only just seen this thread else I'd have written on here earlier!

Firstly, don't worry it sounds like your going to be fine.

I had my first 'abnormal' smear last summer
After a few back and forths from the docs and hospital they actually decided NOT to perform the Colposcopy on me as long as I came back for regular smears. (Once you have an abnormal cell result your smear tests go to 6monthly.)

So on my next smear test a few months ago mine came up as abnormal again
I had a letter asking me to ring the hospital to book an appointment. When I did ring they had actually already booked me in as they wanted to see me asap. (22ndMay)

Now this could've been looked at worryingly, but tbh I'm way to laid back for my own good and wasn't too worried. When I went to the appointment my mom actually came in with me and asked a 1000 qs so I feel I now know a lot about all this. Abnormal smears rarely mean cancer, they called me in quickly to just to be safe. They did perform a Colposcopy on me via a LLETZ procedure. I had a few abnormal cells that they removed. Its HPV that they intially are removing though, again not cancer. So please if your smear comes up as abnormal again do not panic!

If you do have to go for a colposcopy treatment, again don't worry about it. I was able to go to work the next day, actually felt fine the day of the procedure and have had no problems. There are a lot of things your advised not to do after the procedure but its all totally fine.

Im so glad you haven't had to go through what Ive had to go through before Glastonbury! Even with me being laid back, I have been really worried about coming to the festival as Im only 'all clear' to do 'normal' stuff on Wednesday! 

If you have any qs ask away :)

Echoing what many others have said on here, but so glad all looks to be ok, it must've been such an anxious time, but it's so encouraging that they'll be getting you in asap to confirm. I had no idea a cervical screening could uncover potential issues in other areas? Has that always been the case, do you know, or has the screening developed?

I had an ultrasound there a few years ago (which I'm guessing you'll have?) It's no more than a tiny bit uncomfortable, plus they point out all your insides, which I found fascinating!

Also agree that it's certainly a reminder to get all the routine tests offered, and to go to the doc if you have any unusual symptoms - with advancements in so many treatments so much is easy to treat nowadays.

Anyway, enjoy the festival!!