Worried Sick

Worriedsick

2 minutes ago, Worriedsick said:

It would only be until I get back from Glasto.  I am going to the festival with someone who would be in pieces if they knew.  I can't see the point in telling them before.  We can have a great time and then I can tell them at an appropriate time afterwards.  This close, I can't see what could be achieved by saying anything before hand.

Totally understand this. I'd imagine if everyone knew you'd be reminded all week of the worry but you can get lost if everyone is just acting normal but absolutely do tell them when you get home. Still no reason not to get a hug though. Its Glastonbury, that shit ain't unusual. Here's to thinking positive and it being something and nothing to worry about. x

14 minutes ago, Worriedsick said:

I will tell my husband as soon as I got back from my appointment - he has offered to come with me but I would rather go alone.  For other family members, it would only be until I get back from Glasto.  I am going to the festival with someone who would be in pieces if they knew.  I can't see the point in telling them before.  We can have a great time and then I can tell them at an appropriate time afterwards.  This close, I can't see what could be achieved by saying anything before hand.

That's ok, as I said you have to do what works best for you. In the meantime love and support from here and have the best Glastonbury that you can.

Edited by Losing my hair

14 minutes ago, Worriedsick said:

Thanks for the offer of hugs and drinks which usually I would be absolutely up for!  But I am going with members of my family who will not know anything regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's appointment.  I will not spoil anyone else's Glasto!  And to be honest, I am going to try to put it behind me for a week as well!  

Which is partly why I posted on here as an outlet for worry and emotion I do not wish to express in real life. 

But really appreciate it,  thanks.

God you're so much stronger than I'd ever be in a similar situation.

6 minutes ago, Worriedsick said:

It's funny, I actually want to go alone - I want to hear the news and process it myself first before I share it with anyone else, though usually I would advise others to take someone with them.

That would be my approach but doubt that's the best advice. 

In March 2018 I was given two hours to live by a consultant, unless I signed a piece of paper there and then allowing him to perform his wizardry. I signed, I'm still here. The NHS and it's staff are fantastic, so know that you are in the best and safest hands possible. 

There's possibly loads of medical permutations as to what they've found, what it means, what can be done etc. I guess we'd all just dwell on the worst case scenario(s),  so your fears are rational. I hope that you can steer your thoughts away from those areas though,so that you can get some respite from worry.

It goes without saying that I wish the very best of results for you tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

A bit like Fuzzy, above, not sure I have the right words, but: Best of luck for tomorrow. Like everyone on here (and we’ll all be here tomorrow), we’ll be thinking of you. X

Me too....we're a bit rubbish like that, men.  Lying here in bed with MrsP dozing next to me I totally want to scoop you up and tell you it'll all be good but the words all sound wrong.....sending many positive thoughts your way tonight xx

• Like 1

Good luck tomorrow.

My synapses have fired. Been there (health wise, no cervix obvs).

As someone who has almost had to cancel twice due to diagnosis's last minute pre festval, I feel your anxiousness. I was told not to go once in case an operation slot became available (yeah right?).

A decade ago the first time and I'm still here.

Still go and make the most of it would be my advice. I wouldn't wish bad health on anyone pre Glasonbury.

Typed all of that and it looks a touch twee but I started a similar thread myself a few years ago.

Really. All the best.