Worried Sick

Worriedsick

I'm a regular poster on here but have name changed for obvious reasons.

In amongst  enjoying all the excitement of the build up etc and weather watching etc, I went for a smear test.  This has now come back abnormal but not in the usual way which I know is almost always not cancer.  I have been told that abnormal cells have been found not from the cervix but from elsewhere.  And worryingly, told to make a return appointment as soon as possible and definitely within a week.  This is tomorrow.  I'm worried sick.  

Possibly the worst preparation for Glastonbury imaginable.

3 minutes ago, Worriedsick said:

I'm a regular poster on here but have name changed for obvious reasons.

In amongst  enjoying all the excitement of the build up etc and weather watching etc, I went for a smear test.  This has now come back abnormal but not in the usual way which I know is almost always not cancer.  I have been told that abnormal cells have been found not from the cervix but from elsewhere.  And worryingly, told to make a return appointment as soon as possible and definitely within a week.  This is tomorrow.  I'm worried sick.  

Possibly the worst preparation for Glastonbury imaginable.

That's horrible Worriedsick. At least you have an appointment very soon so hopefully you'll have your mind put to rest sooner rather than later. Try not to worry about it or think about the worst possible outcomes between now and then.

Good luck tomorrow.

I'm glad you're getting seen tomorrow and hopefully the news isn't as scary as you're probably imagining right now. I've had an abnormal smear before and I know how scary it can be before you know the full facts your head goes off into a million bad places . I had some treatment and all has been well since.  Hoping it's the same for you.. xx

1 minute ago, Pipine said:

I'm glad you're getting seen tomorrow and hopefully the news isn't as scary as you're probably imagining right now. I've had an abnormal smear before and I know how scary it can be before you know the full facts your head goes off into a million bad places . I had some treatment and all has been well since.  Hoping it's the same for you.. xx

Thanks, this is what I'm telling myself but it's the fact that they actually said abnormal cells from elsewhere and asked me to make an appointment at the gynae clinic as well as tomorrow's GP appointment.  In my head this means ovaries though I may be wrong.

I know how worrying this can be. Like other posters I’ve had abnormal results returned and instantly thought the worst. Myself and friends have had different treatments and they’ve never been as bad as we’ve dreaded. Good luck tomorrow. You’ll be well looked after whatever your results. 

Thanks for the offer of hugs and drinks which usually I would be absolutely up for!  But I am going with members of my family who will not know anything regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's appointment.  I will not spoil anyone else's Glasto!  And to be honest, I am going to try to put it behind me for a week as well!  

Which is partly why I posted on here as an outlet for worry and emotion I do not wish to express in real life. 

But really appreciate it,  thanks.

• Like 1

It’s a worrying time if you get called back for more tests I know. Make sure you take someone with you for support and to remind you of whatever the doctor says to you. Your health is your priority now - see what the outcome is and make your plans accordingly. Sending you positive vibes. 

4 minutes ago, sedra said:

It’s a worrying time if you get called back for more tests I know. Make sure you take someone with you for support and to remind you of whatever the doctor says to you. Your health is your priority now - see what the outcome is and make your plans accordingly. Sending you positive vibes. 

It's funny, I actually want to go alone - I want to hear the news and process it myself first before I share it with anyone else, though usually I would advise others to take someone with them.

Hope everything goes ok tonorrow, there definitely is no worse place than ‘the waiting room’ as I have and many others I’m sure have been there too. It can really emotionally twist your head in every direction.

i hope you manage to get some sleep tonight and hopefully you’ll get answers tomorrow and you can move forward.

sending gentle hugs your way tonight.

crossing everything for you tomorrow

I can only add to the kind thoughts of everybody above and hope that everything turns out alright for you in the end. You can only deal with this in the way that's works best for you and if that involves using this forum as a sounding board or a temporary escape from what you or dealing with then I'm sure everybody on here will offer nothing but support.

As I said, you have to deal with this in your own way but are you absolutely 100% certain that your family would want to be kept in the dark? From my experience family and close friends are a huge support at times like this.

Edited by Losing my hair

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

As I said, you have to deal with this in your own way but are you absolutely 100% certain that your family would want to be kept in the dark? From my experience family and close friends are a huge support at times like this.

I will tell my husband as soon as I got back from my appointment - he has offered to come with me but I would rather go alone.  For other family members, it would only be until I get back from Glasto.  I am going to the festival with someone who would be in pieces if they knew.  I can't see the point in telling them before.  We can have a great time and then I can tell them at an appropriate time afterwards.  This close, I can't see what could be achieved by saying anything before hand.

Edited by Worriedsick