Missing ticket

FrankieG123

Hi - I was wondering if any else has had this problem or would help advise me what to do.

my Glastonbury ticket was delivered on Tuesday while I was out of the country on a work trip.

The tracking says it has been delivered and signed for, but the signature is just a random scribble and I have not received the ticket. 

I’ve contacted Royal Mail but I’m worried they won’t find it and I won’t be able to go 

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 

5 hours ago, FrankieG123 said:

Hi - I was wondering if any else has had this problem or would help advise me what to do.

my Glastonbury ticket was delivered on Tuesday while I was out of the country on a work trip.

The tracking says it has been delivered and signed for, but the signature is just a random scribble and I have not received the ticket. 

I’ve contacted Royal Mail but I’m worried they won’t find it and I won’t be able to go 

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 

Contact https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice - good luck! ?

PS My postman signed for mine, as he always does as we live in very rural Cornwall. As well as a signature there should also be a name printed, maybe this could help find the signer? Copy of mine is below.

Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 20.19.53.png

Edited by StoneCircle

Thanks for your help. 

It says it was signed by me,  but the signature isn’t mine. I wasn’t even in the country 

I knocked on all the neighbours doors today but no luck 

Royal Mail have said they will track the GPS to see where it was signed. Hopefully then we can track it. 

Im also going to call see tickets in the morning

I feel so sad and stressed about it! ill keep you posted 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FrankieG123 said:

Thanks for your help. 

It says it was signed by me,  but the signature isn’t mine. I wasn’t even in the country 

Royal Mail have said they will track the GPS to see where it was signed. Hopefully then we can track it. 

Hope you manage with success. I'm sure all will be okay. x 

16 hours ago, FrankieG123 said:

Thanks for your help. 

Any luck? No wonder you're feeling sad and stressed, not how you want to come back from a trip away--I hope they're helpful 

Edited by Mr.Tease

16 hours ago, FrankieG123 said:

Thanks for your help. 

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but can you raise an incident number with the police, which should then help you with See (having the number, not the police themselves). It shows it's not you messing them around, and hopefully gets them to issue you a wristband instead of a ticket, I've heard that somewhere.

Hi,

First of all,  don´t worry,  incidents like this happen every year and the festival has a system in place to deal with it. 

First you need to inform See Tickets. They are the Royal Mail customer, not you, so they will be more effective in dealing with the issue. See Tickets will also record the problem, so that if the worst should happen and you don´t receive you ticket, they can effectively cancel it (don´t worry- just the paper ticket, not your place at the festival) so the person who has it cannot use it. If it comes to this you will be given a reference number and information about ID requirements etc and you will then be able to collect your wristband and a pass out ticket (so you can leave the festival and get back in again without hassle) when you arrive. 

In most of these cases the tickets are found, but not without considerable stress to everyone concerned, so it might be worth making an official complaint to Royal Mail after your return from the festival, and give them some encouragement to be a bit more responsible with the articles they're entrusted with.

Have a fantastic festival.

4 minutes ago, Moon moth said:

if the worst should happen and you don´t receive you ticket, they can effectively cancel it (don´t worry- just the paper ticket, not your place at the festival) so the person who has it cannot use it.

They can't cancel it. Not in any useful way anyway.. The only thing stopping a lost/stolen ticket being used is the photo check.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

They can't cancel it. Not in any useful way anyway.. The only thing stopping a lost/stolen ticket being used is the photo check.

This is true if the theft hasn't been reported, but it can be "effectively" cancelled if reported in time. Tickets reported as stolen will be classed as 'spent' tickets, meaning that they will flash up as having already been used, similar to how a valid ticket would if you tried to rescan it again.

If the person who has stolen the ticket tries to use it, it will be flashed up as spent and they will have to go through additional security checks before they are allowed into the festival. As these checks involve detailed personal information as well as thorough scrutiny of the photo, they will inevitably be denied access to the festival. 

Just now, Moon moth said:

This is true if the theft hasn't been reported, but it can be "effectively" cancelled if reported in time. Tickets reported as stolen will be classed as 'spent' tickets, meaning that they will flash up as having already been used, similar to how a valid ticket would if you tried to rescan it again.

If the person who has stolen the ticket tries to use it, it will be flashed up as spent and they will have to go through additional security checks before they are allowed into the festival. As these checks involve detailed personal information as well as thorough scrutiny of the photo, they will inevitably be denied access to the festival. 

The tickets aren't scanned, though. There's no barcode on them, it's all manual checks.

Ah, that is a problem. I was led to believe that scans would be in force for public tickets as well as crew tickets. Not sure how that would work in terms of cancelling tickets then, but certainly the gentleman in question will get a wristband should the tickets be reported as stolen and he has all his relevant information.

Just now, Jay Pee said:

I am a bit intrigued as to why they dont barcode the tickets? It is the norm everywhere now. 

Most likely because the ticketing arrangements and infrastructure requirements are insane compared to pretty much everywhere else (20+ entry points over a huge area mostly running 24/7 for over a week with at least a dozen ticket types and I don't even want to guess how many different wristbands).

Apparently they're trailing it for some staff tickets this year, but that'll be a long way off a full blown implementation.