Car park postcodes?

barkley87

10 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Does anyone have the postcodes for the east and west car parks? I like to camp in dairy ground so want to aim my satnav at the west car parks, but over the fallow year I've lost what it was. Thanks! 

If you use Sat-Nav for directions coming from Glastonbury town and the M5, the postcode of the west carparks is BA6 8NE. From the A303/ A37, the postcode of the east carparks is BA4 6TA the others may be useful if there are any queues! :)

Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 14.01.19.png

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, barkley87 said:

Amazing, thanks @StoneCircle!

@Lycra I'm just glad I learned to drive after the invention of satnavs, otherwise I genuinely would have had to stay at home! 

I used to have AA Routefinder journeys printed out when travelling alone back in the day! However, I do recall actually following a map before the internet..... :lol:

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

I used to have AA Routefinder journeys printed out when travelling alone back in the day! However, I do recall actually following a map before the internet..... :lol:

It genuinely blows my mind. How do you read a map while driving??! 

4 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

It genuinely blows my mind. How do you read a map while driving??! 

Plan ahead (and pull over if you get lost), write down the bits you need so you can glance at it. It still amazes me that I went to some of the places I did, however the roads were a lot quieter when I passed my test in the late 70's. You are pretty fearless at 17......or I was! 

11 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Plan ahead (and pull over if you get lost), write down the bits you need so you can glance at it. It still amazes me that I went to some of the places I did, however the roads were a lot quieter when I passed my test in the late 70's. You are pretty fearless at 17......or I was! 

Ha, much more fearless than I would have been with just a map, that's for sure! 

• Like 1

I used to write the key navigation notes down on a post it note and stick it in the middle of the steering wheel. Including wee diagrams if complex junctions etc.

prepped from the atlas the night before for any long journeys I was unfamiliar with.

To be honest, it was definitely more accurate the shatnav.. 

it’s time to go back to the future me thinks..

1 hour ago, barkley87 said:

Amazing, thanks @StoneCircle!

@Lycra I'm just glad I learned to drive after the invention of satnavs, otherwise I genuinely would have had to stay at home! 

It's easy really. Quick look on map before setting off. Note a few key intermediate targets and follow road signs. For me going to Glasto this translates as: Get on M6 southbound, then M5, get off Bridgewater following signs A39 Glastonbury, then A361 Pilton...simple. No need to have some annoying voice saying "Please take" all the time lol

ps  Confess however satnav is useful in built up areas finding specific streets/addresses

Edited by Lycra

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

It's easy really. Quick look on map before setting off. Note a few key intermediate targets and follow road signs. For me going to Glasto this translates as: Get on M6 southbound, then M5, get off Bridgewater following signs A39 Glastonbury, then A361 Pilton...simple. No need to have some annoying voice saying "Please take" all the time lol

ps  Confess however satnav is useful in built up areas finding specific streets/addresses

You must have a much better sense of direction than me. I was shopping for glasto bits yesterday and multiple times I got confused about which direction I was going when I left a shop. There's no way I'd have survived back in the day!