I'll show you mine if you show me yours

stuartbert two hats

Haven't finished mine yet, still too many clashes to sort! Trying to build it in a sensible way e.g. a couple of acts per stage before moving on, go to stages on the way to others etc. Works best on Saturday when I have slowthai / Lizzo on West Holts, Sam Fender in Leftfield, then Kate Tempest & Hot Chip in the Park.

Other must-sees for me - Lowkey, Ross From Friends, Idles, Kylie

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What do we all have on our Clashfinders this year? Here's mine. Green is must see, blue is might see.

https://clashfinder.com/m/g2019/?user=stuartq

Screenshot_20190616-111110_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-111129_Chrome.jpg

Nice mix in there. Only a couple of must-sees each day, that's the plan of someone who's been there a few times before! Much too early to put mine up yet, I will still be trawling through the line up up to next weekend. Mine will have a lot of 'might see' clashes and I will make the final decision which to choose based on mood, location, state of the ground, state of me, at the time

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

I will make the final decision which to choose based on mood, location, state of the ground, state of me, at the time

Absolutely.  You never know what you've been distracted by, or when you need to eat, shit, or simply sit around and have a pint for a bit.  Who knows where I'll be?

I've used the "might see" not so much as a plan, but more for the times when I'm at a slightly loose end and wondering what to do next - I can fire up the itinerary and wander towards whichever is closest/fits my mood the most at the time.  Having said that, I'm sure at least one of the "maybes" will involve me trekking across the site to see them, I'm just not going to put the pressure on myself this far in advance.

Mine is a mixture of must sees (although Kylie is the only one really!) and acts I’m interested in/would like to see. There are several clashes that will get resolved one way or another (Sigrid has already won the clash with Neneh Cherry) and I haven’t got a Saturday headliner yet which I’m kinda glad about. I’ll keep an eye on the JPT tba but otherwise may just wonder around greenfields and see what’s going on while it’s a bit quieter. 

Thursday will be mostly in Williams Green I think.

E66FC455-5893-499A-A2B6-5F6DB14C3ABC.png

DC0536CB-BF5B-4315-BCC7-A29EB280F09C.png

1ECEB26F-8731-4A25-963F-1DA290B101C7.png

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it for Clashfinders or kit? I can't claim originality, although any inspiration is purely subconscious :)

I think kit .. so probably doesn't affect the TM :) .... its rare I inspire so will happily take it :) conscious or unconscious ... now I think it was more than likely fancy dress :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm afraid not. And realistically speaking, I'm unlikely to. It's one of those things I want to check our every year, but never do.

We're in the same boat there 

I'll make sure I at least pass through this year and see if it's anything worth talking about 

Spent most of the day going through the clashfinder and mixcloud (any excuse to keep me off the weather thread at the moment ?)

Almost finalised mine now. Greens are must sees. I've tried to keep them down to a few each day and night.....

Screenshot_20190616-145217_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-145235_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-145245_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-145250_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Absolutely.  You never know what you've been distracted by, or when you need to eat, shit, or simply sit around and have a pint for a bit.  Who knows where I'll be?

I've used the "might see" not so much as a plan, but more for the times when I'm at a slightly loose end and wondering what to do next - I can fire up the itinerary and wander towards whichever is closest/fits my mood the most at the time.  Having said that, I'm sure at least one of the "maybes" will involve me trekking across the site to see them, I'm just not going to put the pressure on myself this far in advance.

Impressed by the Banarama/Eat Static double-bill as a climax to your weekend. Would really like to see Eat Static again - but not sure if I'll be able to drag anyone to The Glade by that point.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Impressed by the Banarama/Eat Static double-bill as a climax to your weekend. Would really like to see Eat Static again - but not sure if I'll be able to drag anyone to The Glade by that point.

They normally play much later on, when I'm properly broken/past planning, but midnight? I might just see them this time.

Mine still needs work. Got green for plan a, blues maybe, pink for stuff that other people will be at, red for whats on if we're in the area. 

Realistically I wont end up seeing half of these and this year I'm happy to miss acts i've already seen if favour of exploring the site more

Screenshot_20190616-162715_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-162725_Chrome.jpg