Festival Crew Arriving / PArking

Rupes1971

I've heard there's a possibility they're not letting crew on site unless they arrive Monday 24th.  On the website they say the car parks open Wednesday at 9pm.

I've emailed the office to confirm this and they say as long as we have a car pass and tickets we can enter the site on Tuesday. This is really confusing because I know there are no trader car parks.

Anyone else have any more info?

cheers

Rupert

It's not true.  For example, the entire Workers Beer Company crew - well over a hundred people - will be arriving throughout the day on Tuesday.

I suspect someone might have heard this from someone who got confused about the Tuesday 'curfew.'  This happens on Tuesday night whereby they close the gates (somewhere around 11pm or midnight) to make sure the traders are all on site before the place starts getting jammed with punters.

Essential you can’t get it too wrong as the festival can sort it all out for you. 

You could be Sin-Binned which means you park up and visit a portacabin to get the right pass. Or sent round to another gate. Or even given your own hi-vis teenager to walk in front of you if you have to drive through site when it’s open. 

All the above have happened to me and it’s actually nothing much to worry about. 

They want you in the right place and they have the best systems in place to help you achieve that. 

Bear in mind that specific arrival instructions can vary a quite a lot depending on what you're doing / who you're doing it for.

For example I believe that Festaff crew have been instructed that they must arrive on the Monday this year, so you may have heard something intended for their staff. The festival website is intended for public consumption, so isn't really worth paying attention to regarding opening times - best thing to do is check with whoever provided the ticket, and as you've done that, take whatever they say to be correct.

• Upvote 1