Glastonbury’s Greatest Headliners BBC2

gooner1990

10 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Beyonce was incredible, really really smashed it. I do sort of wish I'd seen QOTSA but none of my would have come and I like to stick together on the Sunday. You couldn't help but get caught up in it at the time though, and I've had plenty of times before and since to see QOTSA 

(Saw her a couple of times at the arena when I worked there and didn't think much of it, that said work or glasto...)

Still cant believe Radiohead played Let Down. Apologies to people around me and my sister for my worryingly teaching her the other part so we could duet the finale. Beautiful stuff though. Maybe my favourite pyramid headliner I've seen.

You refering to 2017? The set list was just outrageous. I still cannot believe the encores. Truly magnificent.

Let Down is a bit of a blur in my head which is a shame, I think I was so overcome with emotion wheh it started I had a brain prolapse.

1 minute ago, Divein said:

I still think Dolly had the biggest crowd in that field post-super fence. 

Wasn't it recorded as the biggest ever, with The Rolling Stones second?

I'm also pretty sure that I read somewhere that Royal Blood in 2015 had the biggest crowd to stage ratio seen. I may have dreamt that up though

U2  i was in my tent with my 1 year old lad. My mate in his tent with his 10 month old. Both mums out. Coudnt even sit outside the tent and have a beer   the weather was that shite.  Girls rolled back around 3 had to strip my mlssus outside the tent before she was allowed in. Absolutley covered in mud from head to toe

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

You refering to 2017? The set list was just outrageous. I still cannot believe the encores. Truly magnificent.

Let Down is a bit of a blur in my head which is a shame, I think I was so overcome with emotion wheh it started I had a brain prolapse.

Yeah it was fucking incredible, I hadn't seen them for 6 years and was a much bigger fan at that point and it felt like they wrote the set list for me.

2 minutes ago, bigbilly said:

U2  i was in my tent with my 1 year old lad. My mate in his tent with his 10 month old. Both mums out. Coudnt even sit outside the tent and have a beer   the weather was that shite.  Girls rolled back around 3 had to strip my mlssus outside the tent before she was allowed in. Absolutley covered in mud from head to toe

That Friday night was horrible. Couldn’t even make it to the end of Primal Scream before going back to the tent. 

So so cold and wet. 

I really enjoyed U2 , but the heavy rain stopped it from being a truly classic set. Such a shame. I remember during the encore, most of the people around me were ready to leave, myself included. It was my first glasto, I'd stupidly turned up without waterproofs and I was soaked. 

9 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I love Gorillaz, but I don't get what happened with that slot. If they had done it on the Humanz/Now Now tour, it would have been recieved so much better. They were incredible on that tour

I still think that Plastic Beach was their best album.  I was well up for that gig, it was my mate's only night not working and the audience was....flat.  We were surrounded by people moaning loudly and leaving while we tried to maintain our enthusiasm.  I was gutted, so many guest spots, Lou fucking Reed.  Still they left in droves and carried any hope of atmosphere with them.

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I still think that Plastic Beach was their best album.  I was well up for that gig, it was my mate's only night not working and the audience was....flat.  We were surrounded by people moaning loudly and leaving while we tried to maintain our enthusiasm.  I was gutted, so many guest spots, Lou fucking Reed.  Still they left in droves and carried any hope of atmosphere with them.

Think half the prob was that blur was amazing rhe year before. Onr of rhe best sets ive ever seen. Dont think damon could top that. 

Yeah, I felt bad for the lad, he'd had the most triumphant set in years closing out the previous year, came to the festival's call when bono and theboys fell through and it was just so flat.  

Edited by Spindles

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Who's throwing on one of the highlight shows on the iplayer now?

2015 for me... literally no idea who played. That's normal tho. 

I literally only really remember 94. Since then it's all a blur. And I mean a blur. Not.. Yeah 

24 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I love Gorillaz, but I don't get what happened with that slot. If they had done it on the Humanz/Now Now tour, it would have been recieved so much better. They were incredible on that tour

They killed it by huge pauses (stage dark, no sound) between numbers. People wanted to party and that was just killing the vibe, so a lot just uped and left, including me.

Just now, HalfAnIdiot said:

They killed it by huge pauses (stage dark, no sound) between numbers. People wanted to party and that was just killing the vibe, so a lot just uped and left, including me.

I watched Kanye (some of it) out of genuine curiosity as I’m not really a fan and this is what he did too. Absolutely ruined it for me 

1 minute ago, elbongo said:

2015 for me... literally no idea who played. That's normal tho. 

I literally only really remember 94. Since then it's all a blur. And I mean a blur. Not.. Yeah 

I went 2014 since the Saturday of that was my favourite line up day ever. It's all a bit bloody good though really isnt it (and some of all of it a  bit bloody shit, let's not kid ourselves)

16 minutes ago, rebus said:

Worst use of the dog picture yet.

I did it because they only got 10 seconds and I'm a die-hard fan, did I get the wrong end of the stick? :D

3 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I said on the twitters that it was the best example of what you watch on TV not being the same as what you experience if you're there, am I close to the mark? Link to my twitter ramblings... https://twitter.com/Simpo_B/status/1142553045861093377

2 minutes ago, Simpo said:

I said on the twitters that it was the best example of what you watch on TV not being the same as what you experience if you're there, am I close to the mark? Link to my twitter ramblings... https://twitter.com/Simpo_B/status/1142553045861093377

You the Simon says... wish were about for 94? 

I bang on about it and bore whoever is listening about 94. The first one is always the best. And at the time. 17 years old I loved the levellers. And orbital on the Saturday. Sound systems all over the place. No curfews. Crazy times.  

17 minutes ago, Simpo said:

You've reached out to some cool people on Twitter this evening.