The New GlastoMap

MapsOnMaps

Hiya! I posted a few weeks ago about my Google Maps overlay of Glastonbury festival.

With only 11 days to the festival, I can say that it is mostly done:

Glastonbury festival map on Google Maps

Please feel free to let me know name's of places I may have missed, I'm keen to name all the camping areas (will come up as Untitled in the map legend).

To get this in Google Maps, click on the link above and then follow these steps:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3045850?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MapsOnMaps said:

Hiya! I posted a few weeks ago about my Google Maps overlay of Glastonbury festival.

With only 11 days to the festival, I can say that it is mostly done:

Glastonbury festival map on Google Maps

Please feel free to let me know name's of places I may have missed, I'm keen to name all the camping areas (will come up as Untitled in the map legend).

To get this in Google Maps, click on the link above and then follow these steps:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3045850?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

This is a great map, and I'd love to have it as an overlay on my phone's Google Maps app, but I can't get it to do that using the Google support instructions you've linked to.  If I click on your top link to the map, it opens in my web browser rather than in the app.  If I try to get to it from the app, it's obviously not there as it's not one of 'my' maps.

Any ideas?

EDIT: sorry, I've answered my own question.  I've just opened 'my maps' within the app and this time it was there.  I think you just have to first open your map on any device (e.g. my laptop) which is signed into your Google account, and it will then magically appear in your phone's app.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

2 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

If I click on your top link to the map, it opens in my web browser rather than in the app.  If I try to get to it from the app, it's obviously not there as it's not one of 'my' maps.

Any ideas?

Not sure which phone you're using, but if you open in chrome and have google maps installed, it should ask you if you'd like to open in the app.

Edited by MapsOnMaps
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Great work! Spotted a couple of things.... I think the bar at top of Park is Tricketts.... you’ve labelled it as The Bimble Inn which is further down on the opposite side to Stonebridge. The bar in the John Peel field is the Tolpuddle Arms I think.

Bimble Inn has moved