The set you wish you were at

flyingmonkeypigs

Just now, gherkin8r said:

Blur 2009 was one I decided on last minute as I had seen prodigy a week or two earlier. Glad I made the decision I did as it was the best gig I have ever been to

This was always one of my regrets, was never a blur fan but watching the set back when I got home it looked like pure punk! Seemed incredible.

the regret all disappeared with the news of Keith, glad I saw his last glasto performance 

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

This was always one of my regrets, was never a blur fan but watching the set back when I got home it looked like pure punk! Seemed incredible.

the regret all disappeared with the news of Keith, glad I saw his last glasto performance 

Yeah I was similar in that I wasn't a huge fan. Liked loads of their tunes and had bought 13 and loved it. I couldn't stop thinking about that Sunday night for weeks after. Was so obvious it was special for the band too and not in a manufactured way as seems to be the directive so often these days. My other half loved Beyonce in 2013(?) and then saw her again at another festival a few weeks later and she came out with the same spiel, "best night of my life" type stuff and she said it tainted it somewhat. Damon and the lads talked about that night in the no distance left to run doc 

4 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Yeah I was similar in that I wasn't a huge fan. Liked loads of their tunes and had bought 13 and loved it. I couldn't stop thinking about that Sunday night for weeks after. Was so obvious it was special for the band too and not in a manufactured way as seems to be the directive so often these days. My other half loved Beyonce in 2013(?) and then saw her again at another festival a few weeks later and she came out with the same spiel, "best night of my life" type stuff and she said it tainted it somewhat. Damon and the lads talked about that night in the no distance left to run doc 

2011, I caught 10 minutes on my way from the streets to QOTSA, couldn’t decide on a headliner that night so I saw three ?

she rocked the place out though from what I saw

7 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

2011, I caught 10 minutes on my way from the streets to QOTSA, couldn’t decide on a headliner that night so I saw three ?

she rocked the place out though from what I saw

I was stuck in a camp chair that night and the highlight for me was probably Tricky absolutely shitting his briefs when he came on lol 

Blur '09 closely followed by Portishead' 13. I didn't attend either of those years though so can't be that gutted.

In terms of years I did attend I'll go with Lorde. Anderson .Paak was good but watching Lorde back when I got home hurt tbh - looks like she smashed it.

Edited by TomViolence

3 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Blur '09 closely followed by Portishead' 13. I didn't attend either of those years though so can't be that gutted.

In terms of years I did attend I'll go with Lorde. Anderson .Paak was good but watching Lorde back when I got home hurt tbh - looks like she smashed it.

As much as I wouldn't have minded being at either of those, the run of the xx into Radiohead is something I'll never regret until the day I die. Wonderful.

It doesn’t actually say Glastonbury in the name of this thread.

I was at Roskilde 1992 and managed to miss Nirvana as I didn’t really know them at the time.....

As for Glastonbury, I have seen most of what I wanted to see. I missed Coldplay the last time they headlined (can’t remember what I opted for) and regret that as it looked brilliant on the iPlayer.

3 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

It doesn’t actually say Glastonbury in the name of this thread.

I was at Roskilde 1992 and managed to miss Nirvana as I didn’t really know them at the time.....

As for Glastonbury, I have seen most of what I wanted to see. I missed Coldplay the last time they headlined (can’t remember what I opted for) and regret that as it looked brilliant on the iPlayer.

Granted, but tbf it is on the Glastonbury forum... I’d have loved to have been at Nirvana anywhere, bit young at the time though

Edited by flyingmonkeypigs
  • Upvote 1

2007 - I missed a lot that year but choosing to have a random wander through the mud in Lost Vagueness rather than see the legendary John Fogerty still haunts me today! As much as I hope each year, I don’t think he’ll ever come back so I can make amends! 

The other big one for me was Bowie - my first 3 Glasto’s were 97-99 - I then started going out with a girl who didn’t really get festivals so I gave 2000 a miss for her... that relationship did not last long

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As much as I wouldn't have minded being at either of those, the run of the xx into Radiohead is something I'll never regret until the day I die. Wonderful.

Aye. That's probably the overriding regret. I left .Paak early (and would've done the same with Lorde) and ended up in a section of the Radiohead crowd that had zero interest and talked through the entirety of my time in that position. 

Didn't re-position until Exit Music so feels like a missed a decent chunk of that set :(

Edited by TomViolence