The set you wish you were at

flyingmonkeypigs

Maybe slightly off topic so close to the fest but nonetheless...

I’m currently watching my favourite (tv) Glasto set, Radiohead 2003, and wondered what’s the one set everyone wished they had been at? Whether it was one you missed as you made the wrong decision on the day or whether you weren’t at the farm that year.

(apologies if this is a previously visited subject)

Just now, kalifire said:

Chems, 2015. It was a Sunday and I just didn't have it in me. I was worn out and stumbling around the edge of Arcadia, looking on helplessly. I intend to make up for that this year!

When The Who decides to finish their 2007 set with what seemed a poetry recital I knew I’d made the wrong decision. Made up for it in 2011 though and will again this year!

14 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

I’m currently watching my favourite (tv) Glasto set, Radiohead 2003, and wondered what’s the one set everyone wished they had been at? Whether it was one you missed as you made the wrong decision on the day or whether you weren’t at the farm that year.

I'll give you a top five(ish)

Johnny Cash 1994

Radiohead 1997/2003

Portishead 2013

Blur 2009

Stevie Wonder 2010

21 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Chems, 2015. It was a Sunday and I just didn't have it in me. I was worn out and stumbling around the edge of Arcadia, looking on helplessly. I intend to make up for that this year!

I was at the chems that night. One of my favourite full days at glasto if not my favourite. Bootleg Beatles at the acoustic stage just as I was coming round and then down to the other stage. Had intended on getting down to future islands but missed it in the end. Met a few random strangers on the walk down who we spent the rest of the night with. Jamie t was brilliant and then the chems were fucking class except that half way through my other half took a bout of vomiting and we had to head out of the crowd and over to the toilets for a bit. 

Determined to make sure to be there for the full set this year (maybe split at the end when they do block rocking beats) The escape velocity with golden path lyrics into under the influence was fucking unreal. A proper moment for me. Must have watched that video a thousand times. 

Edited by gherkin8r

8 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

We are very much alike, great list! Though Orbital in 2010 pulled me out of a horrible dose of sun stroke so I have no regrets on that one

I was ill in the tent all day Sunday 2009 and 2010, totally my own fault.

Although to be fair, I did have a lot of fun in 2010 before I finally went to bed at 2am Sunday morning (Friday night)

39 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

I made a conscious decision to miss Radiohead in 2003, choosing Super Furries on the Other Stage instead, and I still stand by it! Wouldn't change, they were superb! 

Not often you get to see your favourite band headline at Glasto, and I had the luxury & luck of previously seeing Radiohead headline in 97 - which of course was rather good 

Edited by mario man