Times article - Emily Eavis

morph100

20 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Unsure if that makes Macca anymore likely for next year. 

my very-well-sourced info is that Macca is not on the cards for next year.

It seems pretty clear now that Macca was definitely on the cards for this year - but for whatever reason things changed and that's also taken him out of next year's choices.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my very-well-sourced info is that Macca is not on the cards for next year.

It seems pretty clear now that Macca was definitely on the cards for this year - but for whatever reason things changed and that's also taken him out of next year's choices.

Fairplay.

BBC Somerset doing a thing on Glastonbury every day between 2 and 2:30pm. Today they spoke to bin painters and the woman who makes Michael Eavis's shorts. A strong start, will be available on the BBC Sounds ap later.

3 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

'When the Icelandic volcano erupted in 2010, we had loads of cancelled flights – artists just couldn’t come in.'

The volcano erupted in mid-April. What is she on about?

Good point.

The question she was answering was " What kind of things do you have to plan for ",  and she lists a number of things that haven't actually occurred at Glastonbury, but did happen at other festivals.

In 2010, Coachella had a number of cancellations from artists and bands who were in Europe at the time and were unable to travel due to the volcano eruption. I assume Emily mentioned that as an example of something that could happen to Glastonbury as well, and then something got lost in translation.

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, balti-pie said:

Here’s a thing: every so often during the festival, you will suddenly hear a cheer begin – a cheer, followed by wild applause. The first time you come, you presume something has happened – a celebrity has arrived, a show has finished. Eventually, you realise: people are just cheering the festival. They’re just cheering being alive. They’re just cheering being here.

Really enjoyed reading the article, genuinely teared up when I read this bit.

Just managed to finally read the article and I have to say it made me very emotional.

its mad that an article can have such an impact on me, since my first visit in 2005 I’ve been very lucky, coming to almost all of the festivals. 

Ive made more memories with friends and families over the years there than in any other place on Earth. 

Regarless of weather, mud sun or rain I know 2019 will be just as amazing and I can’t  wait to get started with all you lovely people.

#9days

The spontaneous cheering bit got me too, it's one of the things that makes Glastonbury so special, that excitement and insane happiness I feel when I'm there and the ripples of cheering going around the campsite on a Wednesday night.. it's just the best place on earth.