Stone Circle Fireworks 2019?

Friend Chicken

They are never advertised (as far as I’m aware).  Head up towards the Stone Circle around sunset, sit for a while, chat to people around you, have fun and see what happens.  The fireworks will happen.  Whether you can be bothered to look at them at that point is a different thing. If you do see them, they are a lovely thing - who doesn’t like sparkly, colourful things in the sky? But fireworks can be seen in many, many different places.  If you don’t see them at Glastonbury it just means you’ve been having a better time doing other stuff.  That’s what Glastonbury is all about.  

At least in 2017 there were three separate bonfires in separate fields along the hill, one at the stone circle and two more on the adjacent hills.  The fireworks were launched in parallel from behind the bonfires.   The fireworks started at about 10:50 PM if I'm reading the metadata of my photos correctly.

20170621-Glastonbury-23.JPG

In 2017 I was so wasted on Wednesday night through a mixture of alcohol and probably sunstroke that I missed the fireworks. I was sat shivering with self pity in my tent while people outside kept telling me to come out and look at the amazing fireworks. I’ve proposed myself I’ll take it easy on Wednesday this year so I don’t miss out on nighttime fun!

Edited by plot2pot

Never been up to the stone circle or above the tipis or anywhere else specifically to watch them but just make sure you’re outside and can see the hill from wherever you are and you see them mite than well enough. Everyone seems to say how busy the stone circle is at that time