Trollies and Drop-off Shuttle Bus

lewiscapaldissunglasses

Hello, just a quick question here! Will be getting a minibus down and of course dropped at the drop off point to get the shuttle bus. 

However I do plan on bringing a trolley (this one in particular https://www.manomano.co.uk/p/folding-garden-cart-11391791 ) and whilst it does fold up to a smaller size, reading this page https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/2592-2/ it does state at the bottom trollies etc won’t be transported to site... So does this essentially mean no trolley for me? Or has anyone on here used this service and gotten on with a foldable trolley before? Only asking for fear of turning up with a trolley full of beer to then being told not able to take it on board! 

Any help will be appreciated!

I wouldn’t turn up with the trolley full as it will probably be turned away. 

Also be careful with that type of trolley and don’t over fill it, the farm has very large ruts which can destroy those hard wheels and leave you stranded.

you would be better off with a sack trolley but again I do t know if you will get it on the shuttle!

Cheers for the reply! 

Yeah there isn’t any danger of it being overfilled or anything, I don’t plan on being one of those unfortunate souls you see with everything toppled over or wheels buckled! It’s only for a couple of crates between my gf and I, maybe to rest our tent on every now and then and to offer some help to our group if they begin to struggle! But I intend on keeping it as light as possible. 

So as for getting on the shuttle just be folded up ready to go with crates divvied amongst free hands of the group?

I used the Castle Cary shuttle a few years back at about 2pm on the Wednesday and got straight on the first bus (old school double decker) the majority of the back / downstairs was packed with all kinds of luggage, a few trollies too...  It could be a different story earlier in the day when the biggest wave of people arrives though.. If that's when you plan to arrive I'd maybe wait for someone else's experience before buying the trolley! But I found it a really easy experience! 

I wouldn’t bring one unless you’d be willing to leave it (and everything you now can’t carry) behind.

Officially they’re not allowed, but people do get lucky every year with a particular coach being empty or a driver that wants to ram it to the ceiling. So depends how lucky you feel? 

Deciding to take my chances with it then but cheers for the replies! Sacrificing a couple crates just in case it’s needing ditched, can easily carry two sharing the weight with my gf. Like I said we haven’t got it due to overpacking it was just mainly for booze, booze for the group and to rest the tent/bag so it’s not gonna be the end of the world if needing ditched.