This Year's Set of the Festival?

parsonjack

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Helps that her album is more fun than Dirty Computer

It Def is more fun although I do love the story behind janelles albums. In a perfect world lizzo should be playing before janelle on the Sunday! 

Oh also I reckon Amyl and the sniffers are going to put on quite a show. 

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where it could go wrong for Kylie:

Absolute Hurricane Bawbag weather or weirdo setlist choices.

And she hasn't lasted as long as she has by making the sort of bad calls that would constitute the latter.

She was on the One Show the other day saying she wasn't going to try anything new like her own live shows - she'll "take you on a trip down memory lane" she knows what she's doing for sure.

As stated, The Chems have had a number of attempts, and whilst usually a good show, are they really going to produce a ground breaking performance at this stage of their career. Kylie will be fun, but not in the Dolly or Nile Rodgers league.

I think it will be a newer artist, my money is on Aurora or Sam Fender, but would also put an outside bet on Stormzy, not my cup of tea, but I think he will either crash and burn or doing something special.

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

A mate that went to Primavera said Lizzo was the best of the weekend by a mile 

Saw her last year at a festival, she was good fun, but not, "wow that was something special" good.

15 minutes ago, GMF said:

As stated, The Chems have had a number of attempts, and whilst usually a good show, are they really going to produce a ground breaking performance at this stage of their career. Kylie will be fun, but not in the Dolly or Nile Rodgers league.

I think it will be a newer artist, my money is on Aurora or Sam Fender, but would also put an outside bet on Stormzy, not my cup of tea, but I think he will either crash and burn or doing something special.

I think its the hype around their new album that is helping, it's a banger of an album and the songs fit SO well into their set.

As for the newer artists I can see Billie Eilish making some headlines. Still unsure if I'm gonna go with my camp and go see her or go see a safe option with Vampire Weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm not going to be there, you're not going to be there but it's going to be Gerry Cinnamon at JP.

The Glastonbury Saturday route for Scots, The Proclaimers, Gerry Cinnamon, Lewis Capaldi, Marti Pellow and KT Tunstall.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If its going to be the Chemical Brothers - why wasnt it them the last couple.of times?

I'd argue that in 2011 it was them. 

But for the sake of argument they've just released their best material in years, their live sets are getting rave reviews, and competition isn't as strong this year. 

Having seen the new Chems show at APE, I can say with confidence it’s a cut above anything they’ve done before.

Set list of bangers, new songs blend perfectly with old, visuals on point and not a single lull in the proceedings. 90 minutes of pure unadulterated fun. 

Kylie will get the biggest crowd of the weekend, has the biggest tunes and arguably the most excitement surrounding her set. 

For me it’s a two horse race that Kylie will win comfortably if her setlist matches our aspirations, her between song patter hits the right spot and the general mood of the weekend is high (owing largely to the weather).

If for any reason the set falls flat, Chems will be there to scoop up the gold medal.

Just now, zeppelin said:

I'd argue that in 2011 it was them. 

But for the sake of argument they've just released their best material in years, their live sets are getting rave reviews, and competition isn't as strong this year. 

? ? in 2011. Dunno where I even was when Slaphead and DJ Engineering Student were on.

But I reckon this year will be fun. It's looking like where I'll be spending my 5 bob.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

? ? in 2011. Dunno where I even was when Slaphead and DJ Engineering Student were on.

But I reckon this year will be fun. It's looking like where I'll be spending my 5 bob.

The smart kids were at QOTSA. 

Screen_Shot_2017_02_05_at_11.22.01_AM.0.png