Lock ups question

Ian Gunpowder

One job I did meant being embedded in their crew camping. At first glance it’s an assembled collection of complete randoms... but after a few nights round their (excellent) camp fire the collective vibe shine through. Total good eggs, no egos, no crazies. Just the sort of people who should be doing this amazing job.

They work some godawful shifts at times, all for their charities.

keep bunging those donations in! 

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2019 at 9:23 PM, august1 said:

probably frowned upon but when we did the camper van, we put a pop up tent in the festival with drinks and our warm clothes  and waterproofs/wellies for when it gets cold/wet rather than trek back. Usually someone too knackered to head back crashed there of a night as well.

As someone who will likely struggle to get a good camping spot as it is this year (Thurs afternoon coach ticket).. I find this a bit of a dick move. The lock ups are great and your stuff would be safer there anyway 

10 hours ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

As someone who will likely struggle to get a good camping spot as it is this year (Thurs afternoon coach ticket).. I find this a bit of a dick move. The lock ups are great and your stuff would be safer there anyway 

The word 'good' says everything though. There will be plenty of camping available. We put it in a quiet field which didn't fill up. We didn't leave it behind like half of people at Glastonbury. No one was inconvenienced and we didn't have to clog up the lock ups time.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, august1 said:

The word 'good' says everything though. There will be plenty of camping available. We put it in a quiet field which didn't fill up. We didn't leave it behind like half of people at Glastonbury. No one was inconvenienced and we didn't have to clog up the lock ups time.

I suppose good is quite subjective! We usually camp in a quieter field but will probably be on the hill bit because of the late arrival . If everyone in the campervan fields put a tent, no matter how small or strategically placed, all camp sites - even quieter ones - will be stretched for those who have no other option but to camp in crap areas (by toilets, on walkways, huge inclines etc)... I do see your logic but think that if the idea took on then people would be in a real sticky spot! 

On 6/14/2019 at 8:19 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder what the most weird thing ever checked into a lockup is ?

Last year we took in someones ashes that were stored in a jar, in a tesco bag. The lady who checked them in was absolutely lovely and just liked them to be with her.