Lock ups question

Ian Gunpowder

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Funny how massive tents with "living areas" get a free pass, but gazebos and small storage tents are some sort of evil.

Your mates have paid just as much as you for a ticket, which includes camping in the festival. 

I guess it depends where you camp. We love Big Ground but it's popular and fills up early on Wednesday. We'd never dream of taking a massive tent and pitching there and we'd also be pretty pissed off if we couldn't camp there because it was half full of empty tents people were using for storage. Maybe in some of the quieter camping areas it might not be so much of a problem as people wouldn't lose out on camping where they want to as a result. Either way, the lockups are there to be used so setting up a tent just to keep stuff in should be unnecessary.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder what the most weird thing ever checked into a lockup is ?

I put my local primary schools old crossing ladys lollipop into the PGC lockup a few times, as in "STOP CHILDREN" sign. I confess I didn't collect it the last time on the Monday morning and they even phoned me a couple of weeks after the fest to ask me if I still wanted it. I told them no but they're welcome to recycle it as they please, they donated it to a local school so all good.

2 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

I guess it depends where you camp. We love Big Ground but it's popular and fills up early on Wednesday. We'd never dream of taking a massive tent and pitching there and we'd also be pretty pissed off if we couldn't camp there because it was half full of empty tents people were using for storage. Maybe in some of the quieter camping areas it might not be so much of a problem as people wouldn't lose out on camping where they want to as a result. Either way, the lockups are there to be used so setting up a tent just to keep stuff in should be unnecessary.

Yeah, I wouldn't actually take a storage tent either, but it doesn't really seem that unreasonable, not when they don't have any tent in the site and there are loads of people with oversized tents. Live + let live.

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I put my local primary schools old crossing ladys lollipop into the PGC lockup a few times, as in "STOP CHILDREN" sign. I confess I didn't collect it the last time on the Monday morning and they even phoned me a couple of weeks after the fest to ask me if I still wanted it. I told them no but they're welcome to recycle it as they please, they donated it to a local school so all good.

I'm not sure which question to ask first.....

12 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm not sure which question to ask first.....

Why did I have this? I own a small property clearance business and this was amongst the rubbish cleared.

Why did you take it to Glasto? Why not, as soon as I saw it it was meant to be. Come on, we all know that feeling.

What did you do with it at Glasto? Walked around with it, stopped at random busy pathway junctions and used it to it's full potential much to the amusement and embarrassment of my three kids. Was also handy for warming french bread and brie up over the camp fire.

Would I take another crossing lollipop to Glasto? No, that would be silly.

Edited by Cooter
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 23

15 minutes ago, Cooter said:

That does make me ask the obvious ? :) why was it there ? :) 

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Why did I have this? I own a small property clearance business and this was amongst the rubbish cleared.

Why did you take it to Glasto? Why not, as soon as I saw it it was meant to be.

What did you do with it at Glasto? Walked around with it, stopped at random busy pathway junctions and used it to it's full potential much to the amusement and embarrassment of my three kids. Was also handy for warming french bread and brie up over the camp fire.

Perfect answer - 10/10.

25 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Walked around with it, stopped at random busy pathway junctions and used it to it's full potential much to the amusement and embarrassment of my three kids

and this is why glastonbury is so fucking great, 

30 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Why did you take it to Glasto? Why not, as soon as I saw it it was meant to be. Come on, we all know that feeling.

Out of upvotes and out of words

36 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Luckily had an up vote left. 

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Reason 31,172 (or thereabouts) why I love this place.  ?

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

If you do this, then book them in in 4s or 6s. Each time you retrieve something, that ticket then gets scrapped and you can't use it again to book the stuff back in, as you have to start again. So, book your items in batches, then retrieve them ticket by ticket.

@crazyfool1

The craziest thing I booked in was jump leads, so a mate could pick them up to get his car started.

#notverycrazy

I'm fighting it Lord, I'm fighting it. However, 'it' is much much stronger than my current excuse for an existence.

And on that note, I'll explain everything. I'm afraid that it's rather like this;

A jump-lead walks into a bar.

The barman says ''I'll serve you, but don't start anything''

I know, I know. It's all been said before. However, in my defence, if I have any, I firmly believe that there's beauty in decay.

• Upvote 1

I never used to use the lock ups. Always carried all my money around with me throughout the festival. I was lucky, in that I got away with it. Others I know, and around our camp over the last few years weren't so lucky. These robbing bastards will think nothing of coming in to the tent with you while you sleep, slit your sleeping bag with a Stanley knife, and fuck off with your belongings. I wouldn't ever not use the lock ups now. This includes the storage of certain important medications that I cannot be without on a daily basis.

I know the lady who heads up the team of a lot (if not all) of the lock ups. I also know some of her team. Fantastically committed people. It is a well known fact that if you miss a shift you are going to be fucked over right and proper. And it's true, to the best of my knowledge, that they have never lost an item or had an item stolen.

It's a free service, and long may that last. However, they represent different charities, and to give them a bit of your wedge is only right and proper, in return for their service ( and bog rolls).

• Upvote 2

Using the lockups frequently is on my list of "things I intend to do for a change".  Also on the list is "remembering to eat more than once a day" and "save my stash until the evening rather than start chomping the first bit just after lunch"

22 hours ago, Cooter said:

What did you do with it at Glasto? Walked around with it, stopped at random busy pathway junctions and used it to it's full potential much to the amusement and embarrassment of my three kids. 

I love this. It genius. It’s mad. It’s the stuff that makes the festival ?

3 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Will the lockups store trolleys? Wouldn't mind getting it out the way, taking up tent space or out to be nicked

There's a guy on twitter who got a yes to storing his double bass so a trolley, a mere trifle.

5 minutes ago, Gedh said:

There's a guy on twitter who got a yes to storing his double bass so a trolley, a mere trifle.

I've heard it's where they keep fatboy slim between sets

Edited by jow95
  • Upvote 2