Lock ups question

Ian Gunpowder

2 hours ago, BluePaul said:

And remember your always have to go back to the exact same lock up you left the beers in in the first place.

It doesn't work like the video games.

"Can I check this in please?  Off for a wander!"

"Sure. You know I used to wander round the festival like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."

probably frowned upon but when we did the camper van, we put a pop up tent in the festival with drinks and our warm clothes  and waterproofs/wellies for when it gets cold/wet rather than trek back. Usually someone too knackered to head back crashed there of a night as well.

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

probably frowned upon but when we did the camper van, we put a pop up tent in the festival with drinks and our warm clothes  and waterproofs/wellies for when it gets cold/wet rather than trek back. Usually someone too knackered to head back crashed there of a night as well.

Yeah, pretty poor behaviour to be honest! Friends of ours who're staying in Worthy View suggested we put up a storage tent for them with our tents and we ran them out of town.

21 minutes ago, august1 said:

16 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

Yeah, pretty poor behaviour to be honest! Friends of ours who're staying in Worthy View suggested we put up a storage tent for them with our tents and we ran them out of town.

I dunno, if someone was sleeping in it, or at least unconscious, then I reckon you mitigated the douchebag level :)

What's the score with cash; is it ok to just put it in one envelope and just comeback and take some out everyday and then check it back in?

Just read that back and it sounds obvious what I'm asking... just a little bit of me is worried about putting over £500 in there; thinking it may be safer in my cargo shorts front pocket? I'm in no way casting doubt over any of the lock-up staff by the way ?

Just now, SighMo said:

What's the score with cash; is it ok to just put it in one envelope and just comeback and take some out everyday and then check it back in?

Just read that back and it sounds obvious what I'm asking... just a little bit of me is worried about putting over £500 in there; thinking it may be safer in my cargo shorts front pocket? I'm in no way casting doubt over any of the lock-up staff by the way ?

Definitely safer in the lock ups. I'd stick it a little bag rather than envelope. 

18 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

Funny how massive tents with "living areas" get a free pass, but gazebos and small storage tents are some sort of evil.

Your mates have paid just as much as you for a ticket, which includes camping in the festival. 

1 minute ago, SighMo said:

That's what I do, check in and check out.  You do have to do a new checkin process every time, but that's no biggie.  I've put my weekend fund in there every year and never lost anything.

On the contrary I lose just about everything in my pockets

1 minute ago, SighMo said:

I don't think I've ever heard of any problem with losing anything from a lockup.  If it's money it's put in an envelope and you sign over the seal so it would be obvious if it was tampered with and you redo it every time you take money out.  1000% better than being in your shorts!

4 minutes ago, SighMo said:

We do this! It's great. And secure. And you get a lovely chat in the morning and free loo roll when you draw out your cash :) as others have said, make sure to make a small donation each time!

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I don't think I've ever heard of any problem with losing anything from a lockup.  If it's money it's put in an envelope and you sign over the seal so it would be obvious if it was tampered with and you redo it every time you take money out.  1000% better than being in your shorts!

Think they get you to sign over the seal as standard right?

Either way they're wonderfully secure. Think they've got a 100% record

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Think they get you to sign over the seal as standard right?

Either way they're wonderfully secure. Think they've got a 100% record

As far as I remember, yes.  It wouldn't have occurred to me to ask for it myself.