Secret Sets/TBA's 2019

SecretGlasto

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

2009 was the best gig I've seen - if you're not taking the piss what's happening there?? 

I’m wondering the same thing. Weird how it was just posted and then no follow up or anything. But it was the efestivals account that posted it which gives it a bit more weight perhaps? 

Just now, robillustrates said:

I never read it as Blur, I read it as Damon and Friends personally.

Me too, esp given Damon's penchant for collaboration. Find it very unlikely Dave and Alex are there, or even Graham if he's not playing.

6 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

I never read it as Blur, I read it as Damon and Friends personally.

Ah ok fair enough. I thought the whole “I would tell you who if I could remember what I was told” thing could have been a quip to Blur. 

Edited by ajhuk

So did I! I've just left, exhausted. Few people in there I spoke to are still holding on. One bloke said he'd received texts from multiple people off site telling him to go see blur and he had seen damon earlier in the day so arrived hoping for the best 

Good luck if you've stayed

11 hours ago, Homer said:

Any big secret sets happen? The only One i caught was foals - but that was hardly a secret!

I enjoyed Big Moon, however bad the sound was and the girls were clearly pissed off with sound people, still pulled it and had a lot of fun!

On 6/28/2019 at 12:59 PM, Simpo said:

On 6/27/2019 at 9:28 AM, mr flow said:

Nick Mulvey is doing a secret set at Ancient Futures in the Tipi field on Friday night, which has been added to front page.

I’d like to say a huge huge thank you and send a virtual hug to both of you for these posts.

I left a great Frank Turner set early to find the Ancient Futures tent in the Tipi field and get a good spot based on this information, and I am so glad I did. Nick Mulvey in a tiny yurt turned out to be the highlight of my festival, and quite possibly one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to*. I’ve seen him perform before, but being in such a cool intimate venue where it seemed like every single person sang every word and felt as lucky as I did to be there completely blew me away. I’m not ashamed to admit there were quite a few happy tears shed. 

Here’s a sample from his Instagram, which still gives me goosebumps... 

I’ve signed up for gold membership just now, as I would’ve completely missed this if this website didn’t exist. Long may it continue, and thanks to @eFestivals to all the work you do to keep it going. 

*(not THE best mind, LCD Soundsystem in 2016 is unlikely to be beaten)

• Like 2