Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Neither. In that price range, go for this one or similar.

If (when) the sun is beating down, starting at like 6am, you'll easily be able to sleep for an extra 3-4 hours compared to most tents. And yeah, the porch space is very useful.

Edited by incident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, incident said:

Neither. In that price range, go for this one or similar.

I bought this one for that reason also. it's pretty easy to put up on your own and on the road test I did a few weeks back absolutely pitch black and cool inside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Eurohike one you've linked and have used it for several years, holds up well against the rain, easy to pitch and a and decent size, especially if there's only one of you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, incident said:

Neither. In that price range, go for this one or similar.

If (when) the sun is beating down, starting at like 6am, you'll easily be able to sleep for an extra 3-4 hours compared to most tents. And yeah, the porch space is very useful.

I concur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, incident said:

Neither. In that price range, go for this one or similar.

If (when) the sun is beating down, starting at like 6am, you'll easily be able to sleep for an extra 3-4 hours compared to most tents. And yeah, the porch space is very useful.

looks decent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buck the trend and go for Tent 2 as these days I value space. The 2 man  fresh and black is handy but small and  for me doesn't trump having room to stash gear, sit/crouch comfortably and stretch out. Done my fair share of fests being the sole person in a metre high 2 man tent; enough to learn that a small tent becomes increasingly unsatisfactory with each passing day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about this one then? Quechua Arpenaz 3XL https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-xl-freshblack-id_8492486.html

I'm volunteering this year, so free ticket means I have a bit of money to spend on a decent tent, make sure I'm fresh n dry for volunteering work shifts.  Haven't been to glasto for 25 years :) 

I have a big family tent but we were told not to bring family tents cos not that much space in the crew field.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can get one with a second area you will appreciate it if it rains. I've got a two man vango which has a secondary compartment I can almost stand in. It becomes a warehouse/shower room. Also, somewhere to be that isnt your bedroom if it rains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenTomato said:

What about this one then? Quechua Arpenaz 3XL https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-xl-freshblack-id_8492486.html

I'm volunteering this year, so free ticket means I have a bit of money to spend on a decent tent, make sure I'm fresh n dry for volunteering work shifts.  Haven't been to glasto for 25 years :) 

I have a big family tent but we were told not to bring family tents cos not that much space in the crew field.   

Fresh n black for daytime kips 👍🏻 Nigh on an essentiality considering all the sunshine we’ll be having! Who you volunteering with? I’ll be with Oxfam 👍🏻

Edited by balti-pie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Fresh n black for daytime kips 👍🏻 Nigh on an essentiality considering all the sunshine we’ll be having! Who you volunteering with? I’ll be with Oxfam 👍🏻

Decisions decisions, either the 3 man Quencha or the small but tall Vango with a secondary compartment that seems good for an impromptu mates chatroom :) 

Am volunteering with the DeafZone, you're welcome to come over for a free BSL sing-along!  Everybody's welcome!

Edited by GreenTomato
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, incident said:

Neither. In that price range, go for this one or similar.

If (when) the sun is beating down, starting at like 6am, you'll easily be able to sleep for an extra 3-4 hours compared to most tents. And yeah, the porch space is very useful.

Big thank you for the suggestion @incident (and to everyone else in the thread)! I ended up going with your suggested and bought it yesterday - now to have a go putting it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...