Which tent?

LondonManGlastoFan

Neither. In that price range, go for this one or similar.

If (when) the sun is beating down, starting at like 6am, you'll easily be able to sleep for an extra 3-4 hours compared to most tents. And yeah, the porch space is very useful.

Edited by incident

14 minutes ago, incident said:

I bought this one for that reason also. it's pretty easy to put up on your own and on the road test I did a few weeks back absolutely pitch black and cool inside. 

10 hours ago, incident said:

If (when) the sun is beating down, starting at like 6am, you'll easily be able to sleep for an extra 3-4 hours compared to most tents. And yeah, the porch space is very useful.

looks decent

I'd buck the trend and go for Tent 2 as these days I value space. The 2 man  fresh and black is handy but small and  for me doesn't trump having room to stash gear, sit/crouch comfortably and stretch out. Done my fair share of fests being the sole person in a metre high 2 man tent; enough to learn that a small tent becomes increasingly unsatisfactory with each passing day

What about this one then? Quechua Arpenaz 3XL https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-xl-freshblack-id_8492486.html

I'm volunteering this year, so free ticket means I have a bit of money to spend on a decent tent, make sure I'm fresh n dry for volunteering work shifts.  Haven't been to glasto for 25 years :) 

I have a big family tent but we were told not to bring family tents cos not that much space in the crew field.   

4 hours ago, GreenTomato said:

What about this one then? Quechua Arpenaz 3XL https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-xl-freshblack-id_8492486.html

I'm volunteering this year, so free ticket means I have a bit of money to spend on a decent tent, make sure I'm fresh n dry for volunteering work shifts.  Haven't been to glasto for 25 years :) 

I have a big family tent but we were told not to bring family tents cos not that much space in the crew field.   

Fresh n black for daytime kips ?? Nigh on an essentiality considering all the sunshine we’ll be having! Who you volunteering with? I’ll be with Oxfam ??

Edited by balti-pie

17 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Fresh n black for daytime kips ?? Nigh on an essentiality considering all the sunshine we’ll be having! Who you volunteering with? I’ll be with Oxfam ??

Decisions decisions, either the 3 man Quencha or the small but tall Vango with a secondary compartment that seems good for an impromptu mates chatroom :) 

Am volunteering with the DeafZone, you're welcome to come over for a free BSL sing-along!  Everybody's welcome!

Edited by GreenTomato
  • Upvote 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, incident said:

Big thank you for the suggestion @incident (and to everyone else in the thread)! I ended up going with your suggested and bought it yesterday - now to have a go putting it up!