Checklist for Motorhome, Campervan and Caravan Dwellers

StoneCircle

I first posted this in 2011 and people found it useful so here it is again. @annax has started a thread over in chat which I have linked below, some great advice in there for those who are hiring! 

Remove All Glass including jars etc)

Check you have a full gas bottle and a spare and the spanner needed to swap over

Step

Levelling blocks

Spirit Level

Carbon Monoxide alarm.

Fire extinguisher/blanket.

Bedding, towels and facecloths

Cutlery, crockery, pans etc

Toilet and kitchen rolls

Bin liners

Chemical stuff for onboard loo.

Washing up bowl, cloth and liquid

Clingfilm, foil etc

Hot water bottles

Music, iPod + speaker + adapters, inverters etc

Jack

Small toolkit

Gaffa tape

Clothes horse or line & pegs

Chairs

Windbreak + ground pegs

Awning, curtains, carpet & skirt

Doormat

Loose rugs or an old blanket that can be shaken to keep carpets clean, especially if hiring!

Bin

Wood Burner, wood and firelighters

Candles

BBQ + lighting fluid, charcoal and utensils

Little table for outside

Flags & pole not to be removed from campervan fields!!

Big torch + head torch

Solar battery chargers

Portable phone chargers

Power pack

Spare fully charged battery for motorhome/caravan

Batteries AA and AAA

Sun cream

Day bag

Cool bag

First Aid Kit & Medication

Wipes and tissues

Solar fairy lights and light for awning 

Solar showers and or Battery shower/Hozelock Porta Shower + 25 litre container

Trugs for water, foot baths and outdoor washing

Aquarolls (ready filled if possible as the water is awful in the campervan fields)

Funnel and pipe to fill onboard fresh water tanks

Spare phone batteries & car chargers

Clock

Pen

Radio

Rain Mac or poncho Please leave your umbrella at home the person behind you will be grateful

Wellies

Hat and gloves

Clothes & Shoes

Food and Drink

Freeze ice blocks night before to keep food cool in caravan fridge in case electrics malfunction whist travelling.

Ice tray or bags

Igloo Max – also needs chilling and a 5 or 7 litre ice cube making.

Alcohol (remember no glass bottles) + Limes

Milk, Water, Juice all can be frozen

Coffee, Tea, Coffeemate

Enough bacon and eggs to cook full breakfast daily, freeze them into daily sized packs.

Take a massive chilli or curry freeze into smaller containers and use as ice blocks + packets of microwave rice as quick to cook

Sauces/Condiments

BBQ food if arriving Tuesday

Butter, cheese

Bread (If you have an oven buy long life part baked) & Crumpets

Cereal - milk and yogurt can be bought onsite

Tinned food - tomatoes, beans, hot dog sausages, soup etc

Olive Oil

Crisps and nibbles for midnight feasts

And yes I really do take all that!! :)

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hot rocks said:

It’s our first time in a camper van this year and I have a question about the ticket, it says “BLUE EAST “ on the top, does the “blue” mean a route we have to follow ? Sorry if it has been explained elsewhere on here ?

check out all your CV info here : https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

For the East (Blue) for both Quiet and General Campervans approach the festival using the A37 from the North or South and the A361 from the east and follow the Blue Campervan signs.

• Like 1

if you are keen to know the details of when you arrive :

go into Google Maps and type Pylle Lane Shepton Mallet (or East Pennard).. switch to satellite mode, follow Pylle Lane to the t-junction with Pylle Road, turn right, follow the road through the bendy bit... as you come out of the wooded area you will see tyre tracks going off to the left... Thats the entrance to CV East.

The big field is E25. You should be able to easily map the rest by using the Glastonbury map :

image.thumb.png.d72424c77274add01e82008efb104086.png

• Like 1

I would say also try and take as much water in with you as your tanks etc will hold etc

You do not want to spend a lot of the festival queuing up at the stand pipes , back in 2017 some of the water pressure was so low ( which is understandable ) in the CV fields , even filling  a pint glass took ages !

Were joss sticks on the list to keep the van smelling nice ? 

Any recommendations for a solar panel for a motorhome to keep the leisure batteries topped up?

I'm renting so don't want anything that needs to be fastened to the MH. 

I've seen this Renogy folding kit on Amazon which looks ok but have nothing to compare it to.

If I got a panel that could lay on the roof of the MH, what is the likelihood that it gets nicked during the day?! Otherwise I'd have to lay it in the window (parked south-facing) hoping it would get enough sun...

1 hour ago, Gilb said:

Any recommendations for a solar panel for a motorhome to keep the leisure batteries topped up?

I'm renting so don't want anything that needs to be fastened to the MH. 

I've seen this Renogy folding kit on Amazon which looks ok but have nothing to compare it to.

If I got a panel that could lay on the roof of the MH, what is the likelihood that it gets nicked during the day?! Otherwise I'd have to lay it in the window (parked south-facing) hoping it would get enough sun...

I've got one like that, but i don't bother to use it anymore. I felt any benefit was minimal.

When i did use it it didn't get nicked.

Excellent list.  Things I would add:

Caffettiera for proper coffee in the morning.

Loads of extra pillows - you can never have too many.

If you’ve got space, a few 4 pint milk jugs filled with water to top toilet flush up quickly without having to join the queue or waste your main water.

Tea towels.

A brush to clean off the worst of the mud off walking boots so they dry better over night.

Laundry bag.