Beer Run

kf24x

As I'm travelling by bus I wont be able to take a few crates of beer with me.

I was hoping the co-op would sell beers but I got an e-mail from Glastonbury saying the co-op wont be selling alcohol.

With the above mind I think my only option is to leave site mid morning Wednesday and travel somewhere to source my much needed early morning beers.

Where's the best place to go ? Best mode of travel ? How long does the journey take ? Has anyone done / doing this ? Any alternative suggestions ?

Any info would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, kf24x said:

I was hoping the co-op would sell beers but I got an e-mail from Glastonbury saying the co-op wont be selling alcohol.

With the above mind I think my only option is to leave site mid morning Wednesday and travel somewhere to source my much needed early morning beers.

Where's the best place to go ? Best mode of travel ? How long does the journey take ? Has anyone done / doing this ? Any alternative suggestions ?

Personally i would just try and take as many beers as you are able , perhaps have another run through of your equipment and ditch something.  I just not sure if its worth the aggro getting off site just to get beers.

I'm travelling by bus and decided that I'm going to fill my rucksack with drink and take one of those fabric bag for life things with all my clothes in it. My logic being, the driver is less likely to ask me to leave behind my clothes than he would a bag of alcohol. Having never travelled to the site by coach before and not knowing the script, I am nervous at how strict they may be. 

2 hours ago, kf24x said:

I asked a similar question elsewhere and had a brilliant suggestion in response.

If you can get as much alcohol as physically possible on your coach, you can drop it off at the free item dropoff at Gate A (which is for National Express i think?) then come back and collect it later on. The only real issue is dragging it from the coach drop off to gate A, which i doesn't seem to be too far.

Years ago i managed to carry a rucksack with 64 cans in it , there were lots of wobbles trying to walk and i did not walk far

I think if i did it now i would be in A&E

There’s a Tesco/Aldi in Shepton Mallet & B&M which is probably closer to walk to from Cannards Grave (though you could just go direct to the old Babysham factory!)

Festival bus services run to Shepton and I think stops at Cannards Grave - ask at the travel info stand at the festival bus station when you arrive. Lock up use above is a good shout! 

Personally I really don’t see how it will be close to worth it. You say you’re coming by bus, so surely the amount of beer you could bring back in is also limited by the means of transport that gets you there and back too?

Also, unless you have a trolley you’re limited by how much you can then carry back across site as well, which surely can’t be a huge amount?

I’d either bring what I could in the bus and make do, or maybe think of other drinks you could bring like spirits that will take up less room.

Just now, daclown28 said:

Spirits are best bet. But if you drink cider or wine then 3l boxes are good too. Hoe many beers do you realistically need? If there's 2 of you then take a blue ikea bag . They can take 60 cans easy and with a strap each yor laughing. 

60 beers ÷2 =30 

30÷5 =6 . 

6 beers a day isn't bad going before either using a bar or moving onto spirits.

13 hours ago, daclown28 said:

Spirits are best bet. But if you drink cider or wine then 3l boxes are good too. Hoe many beers do you realistically need? If there's 2 of you then take a blue ikea bag . They can take 60 cans easy and with a strap each yor laughing. 

60 beers = 30kg......You obvious go to the gym ?