Campervan & gazebo question

Oldie Newbie

Hi Folks!

Complete newbie here...never been to Glasto and not been in a campervan for decades! We are hiring a motorhome which I thought had a manufacturers awning but doesn't as apparently they kept getting broken. Had been relying on this to keep all the muddy wellies & other rubbish etc out of the van. My question is this - will we be allowed to put up a gazebo beside the van or even behind it? My reading of the regs is no gazebos but that we may be allowed to put up a small tent behind the van which isn't ideal. Also the hire company advised running the engine daily....is this allowed/acceptable?.

Thanks in advance, great forum this, have been lurking and got lots of good info.

Oldie

Your should have plenty of room each side of you, to fair we were asked by the guys guiding people in to rows  if we were putting up an awning and which side we plan to put it up. People had plenty of room in the rows around us, we had a Vango awning attached to the side of our camper.

Some people had huge family tents next to motorhomes which did not seem to get in other peoples way, I think  the only issue would be people blocking the fire lanes at the front and rear. if you need to start your engine I would do it in the day and be aware that the fumes are not going into your awing etc. We did not start our van up once from parking up Tuesday until the  Sunday night when we had to leave for home.

One top tip peg down an breathable  hessian ground sheet  from your awning/gazebo to the entrance to your motorhome it will keep out mud dirt etc. if you use an waterproof ground sheet it will just collect water.

You will be fine, get set up and chill. Have a good one.

• Upvote 1

My experience is similar to @keepad and that the earlier the arrival the more space you can be allocated.  Every steward i've ever been guided in by has always asked if we needed gazebo space ...very helpful.

That said, i have been asked to make space for them to fit later arrivals in.  Often because we'd always asked to be parked next to a drive/pathway and it was easier for them to nudge in those late arrivers.

• Upvote 1