Late Night Indie/Rock at Glasto?

ModFFM

38 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Its in the main Sonic stage but starts at 1am on the main music nights and finished about 6am.

Theres usually a queue for headphones which I think you have to pay £20 deposit for which you get back on return.

Pretty much this.  The queue moves pretty quick and normally quietens down after 12:30/1 in terms of queues. 

In the past (when our group was slightly younger) we'd get headphones on the Thursday and keep them till Sunday as its much easier to change them out for freshly charged ones that queuing each night

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I never understand this. This is what my group always want to do at night at glasto as well and guess what, its the same thing we do almost every weekend at home. This is why I always end up ditching them after the headliners

I mean, I mostly agree with you, but sometimes at 1am when you are wasted but can't face queueing or accidently stumbling into some horrific wall of noise somewhere, sometimes all you want to do is dance to familiar songs.

Naff if that's all you ever want to do, but you can't always be buccaneering every night.

8 minutes ago, ModFFM said:

Thanks for all the advice - this indie bar around the Pyramid/Beats Hotel is intriguing as I often camp around there but have never ever noticed it! Did we ever work out the name?

Isn't this Chameleon bar? Don't quote me just from my memory being fairly close to Beat Hotel? Also haven't we heard that neither Chameleon or Kasbah will be there this year?

I'm also a big indie/anything-with-guitars fan and usually enjoy the silent disco (any - they all tend to play the big singalong tunes, although have heard a couple of times that the Park one won't be there this year) but have yet to find anywhere else that pushes my buttons. 

21 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Isn't this Chameleon bar? Don't quote me just from my memory being fairly close to Beat Hotel? Also haven't we heard that neither Chameleon or Kasbah will be there this year?

I'm also a big indie/anything-with-guitars fan and usually enjoy the silent disco (any - they all tend to play the big singalong tunes, although have heard a couple of times that the Park one won't be there this year) but have yet to find anywhere else that pushes my buttons. 

Chameleon was on the strip between Bread & Roses and the Pyramid. Kasbah was between West Holts and Leftfield.

I assume there’ll be something in their place?

26 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Yep sounds very much like myself and my group of friends that are coming to Glasto. Silent Disco at Sonic in Silver Hayes sounds the best bet but still on the look out for any other suggestions! 

Appears that Chameleon is being replaced by something called Elephant Bar, whilst Casbah is being replaced by something called Taphouse, which will seemingly have plenty of ales and the like on offer.

Would imagine both will still have seating/dancing capabilities

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread as I have not been to Glastonbury since 2015.

last time out had a epic time at the Park Silent disco as it was wall to wall indie disco. 

Alas it is no more and as much as I love a bit of the Se corner and Arcadia I want a indie /disco option.

Dear forum can you please offer advice?

best

CP

On 6/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, waltere said:

Appears that Chameleon is being replaced by something called Elephant Bar, whilst Casbah is being replaced by something called Taphouse, which will seemingly have plenty of ales and the like on offer.

Would imagine both will still have seating/dancing capabilities

Chameleon was ditched in 2019.