Late Night Indie/Rock at Glasto?

ModFFM

Hello all! Daily lurker of the forums but very infrequent at posting or contributing to many of the incredibly helpful threads on here.

Apologies in advance if this has already (presumably) been asked on here but I would like to ask whether anybody knows of anywhere at Glastonbury that plays Indie/Rock music after all the live music has finished? Whether it be a bar, tent or area of the festival site to head for, any suggestions are well and truly appreciated. Although this is my sixth Glastonbury you'd think that I'd know by now but I'm afraid I don't... All I can think of is the Silent Disco at Silver Hayes - does that still exist? (I haven't been since 2016)

I'm heading to Glasto with a group of five friends that have never been before and part of my enjoyment this year will be showing them the weird and wonderful that the festival has to offer. Less than two weeks to go eeeeeeeeeeeeek #NFRNFC 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Kasbah bar would but they're not there this year, maybe their replacement will? There's a bar on the walkway between Beat Hotel & Other/Silver Hayes that plays good indie tunes as well late into the night. 

Yes there is! It used to be the Cider bar back in the day but is just a regular bar now. I had a great night in there in 2017 cannot for the life of me remember what it is called though.

Live music wise its mainly in shangra la and heavy rock sort of stuff but its always a joke to get to at that time of night, then its just odd bits here and there. 

DJ/Party wise ive only really found that the bars between the main stages tend to play it so Kasbah and the other one round the corner everyone on the tables dancing so thats pretty good but closes earlyish (1-2am (i think)). Williams green can sometimes have stuff on like that. In truth ive never really found anything to great in terms of indie music into the later hours. 

23 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

There's a bar on the walkway between Beat Hotel & Other/Silver Hayes that plays good indie tunes as well late into the night. 

I ended up in there after LCD in 2016(?) after a brief walk around the Woods. Had an absolutely amazing time and reminded me you don't need to be at a named DJ or big venue for a good time. 

• Upvote 1

Chameleon Lounge somewhere near the pyramid? Dunno if that is there this year either tbh.

Bread and Roses usually have bands on late then DJs. Last time we stood outside a stall at the bottom of the T&C field that had a cage for contortionists on top and that was playing rock tunes. We were there about three hours just dancing and craicing on with people there, was pretty good, end up being dance contests the lot.

26 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Kasbah bar would but they're not there this year, maybe their replacement will? There's a bar on the walkway between Beat Hotel & Other/Silver Hayes that plays good indie tunes as well late into the night. 

Interesting. Facing Lower Mead camping sort of area?

1 minute ago, chatty said:

Chameleon Lounge somewhere near the pyramid? Dunno if that is there this year either tbh.

Bread and Roses usually have bands on late then DJs. Last time we stood outside a stall at the bottom of the T&C field that had a cage for contortionists on top and that was playing rock tunes. We were there about three hours just dancing and craicing on with people there, was pretty good, end up being dance contests the lot.

Chameleon Lounge/Kasbah were alright but dipped into bad wedding music a little too much. Hopefully the alternative this year rolls a bit deeper on the tunes.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Interesting. Facing Lower Mead camping sort of area?

Chameleon Lounge/Kasbah were alright but dipped into bad wedding music a little too much. Hopefully the alternative this year rolls a bit deeper on the tunes.

True but bad wedding music tends to be alright after 15 cans. 

30 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Yes there is! It used to be the Cider bar back in the day but is just a regular bar now. I had a great night in there in 2017 cannot for the life of me remember what it is called though.

Sounds like the Common Room?

33 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

silent disco in the Park I would say would be the best place

Was there in 2016 with the DJ giving a live commentary on the brexit vote. Went back to the tent at about 3.30 with Remain narrowly in the lead. Went to sleep happy.

Finding out it had all gone to tit in the toilet queue the next morning doubled the hangover right there and then. 

40 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

There is still the Heds party silent disco in silver hays which is normally a good laugh

Quick question on the Silver Hayes silent disco. Where abouts is it in Silver Hayes and is it only on the Wednesday/Thursday night given there is live music on from Friday onwards?

Also from experience everytime I've arrived around 11/12 there's been ridiculously long queues, what time is best to head do you think? What time does it even start from?

So many questions - blame it on the excitement!

13 minutes ago, ModFFM said:

Quick question on the Silver Hayes silent disco. Where abouts is it in Silver Hayes and is it only on the Wednesday/Thursday night given there is live music on from Friday onwards?

Also from experience everytime I've arrived around 11/12 there's been ridiculously long queues, what time is best to head do you think? What time does it even start from?

So many questions - blame it on the excitement!

Its in the main Sonic stage but starts at 1am on the main music nights and finished about 6am.

Theres usually a queue for headphones which I think you have to pay £20 deposit for which you get back on return.

Edited by richy24