Tips for new campervan users

annax

On 6/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, annax said:

Tuesday night

is a very special night for the CV fields. Get yourself a barbecue going, relax and get settled knowing that there’s a whole week of fun ahead of you and that you’re already pitched with no mad queue or race to get a good spot. 

What have I missed? Any other tips for campervan users?

are we allowed in on the tues night? i thought gates didnt open for us either til the weds morning?

38 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

What are the chances of being able to save space for another vehicle arriving later?

Not great. Having said that a few years back a mate arrived a day after me and he came into the same field and managed to get within about 50 yards, mostly by chance though. It's best to arrive in a convoy if you possibly can. 

Just now, semmtexx said:

Not great. Having said that a few years back a mate arrived a day after me and he came into the same field and managed to get within about 50 yards, mostly by chance though. It's best to arrive in a convoy if you possibly can. 

Do Marshalls direct you where to pull up or is it help yourself once your in the field? Unfortunately convoy isn't an option and i've been tasked with trying to save spots as ilm the first one arriving.

They tell you where to go but if you are friendly and chat nicely to them they often let you choose a bit. They try to fill evenly and keep the fire lines clear. Guess you could try to save a space for an awning and get a van in the gap later - don't know if that would work though. 

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

They tell you where to go but if you are friendly and chat nicely to them they often let you choose a bit. They try to fill evenly and keep the fire lines clear. Guess you could try to save a space for an awning and get a van in the gap later - don't know if that would work though. 

Ok cheers. Sounds like i'll have to get my blag on.

Anyone have a East CV site map with the field numbers marked out?

5 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Do Marshalls direct you where to pull up or is it help yourself once your in the field? Unfortunately convoy isn't an option and i've been tasked with trying to save spots as ilm the first one arriving.

They do direct you and there's no chance of saving a space - basically because your mate wouldn't be able to get to you - the field pretty much fills up and getting out/in from your spot is non-trivial.

Question for Tuesday entry... we are collecting our general festival tickets + campervan tickets at the gate (we have our ticket receipts but not the physical tickets).

From what I've read ticket collection doesn't open until Wednesday - is there a way you can still get settled in Campervan campground on Tuesday? Hoping so...

Thanks!