Football 19/20

thetime

Did you listen to the piece above? Carragher stated that the way football clubs are run is that they protect their own even if they think/know they are wrong. And that this can have bad repecusions. It must be difficult for a player to speak out against something when he knows there could be very bad consequences to their career. Especially when they are making so much money.

I'm a little bit torn on Carragher, sometimes he comes across pretty well on sky sports and then other times it can be complete cringe.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

talking of which, what do Utd fans think about the possibility of being taken over by the richer despot of MSB?

I hear OT is getting scruffy and I can't really see the glazers dipping in their pockets for a makeover so from some points of view it'd be a good thing. And it'd be amusing for City to find themselves outspent.

Old Trafford is a shit hole. All rags I know would welcome being bought out by a Saudi prince.

United can and do outspend City now, they don't need a Saudi prince.

3 hours ago, santowhir said:

Did you listen to the piece above? Carragher stated that the way football clubs are run is that they protect their own even if they think/know they are wrong. And that this can have bad repecusions. It must be difficult for a player to speak out against something when he knows there could be very bad consequences to their career. Especially when they are making so much money.

I'm a little bit torn on Carragher, sometimes he comes across pretty well on sky sports and then other times it can be complete cringe.

I did and Carragher did the right thing by offering the apology, just need the club to do the same now, can't see it happening.

I don't mind him, he works quite well with Neville. Both are pretty decent at analysis.

Went to Italy at the weekend - saw 3 Serie A games and 2 were negatively affected by the process of VAR. Good to know it’s not just England. 

Other things to note were that attendances seem to be on an upwards trend from my last visit, and that Lukaku still always scores when I watch him live. 

No major League cup shocks, Oxford probably the biggest. 

The Liverpool vs. Arsenal game tonight could be good with the blend of youth and experience both sides will field, all three games tonight look decent.

Edited by vintagelaureate

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not quite sure what was going on at Anfield last night but it was an entertaining affair if nothing else. 

yeah, really enjoyed that. Loads of errors but some great skills on show too. 

Both teams look like they've got some very decent kids. It's a shame so few will ever make their respective first teams.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, really enjoyed that. Loads of errors but some great skills on show too. 

Both teams look like they've got some very decent kids. It's a shame so few will ever make their respective first teams.

Plenty of the Arsenal youngsters are getting first team minutes, but its whether they're given time to develop consistency.

And for Liverpool I hope Elliot, Jones, and Brewster will start making appearances by the end of next season.