thetime

Football 19/20

17 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

If Abameyang gets Arsenal back in the championship league then hopefully they can create some new jobs.

I don't really understand the link between playing and non playing staff. Arsenal will need good footballers in September they may not need the same level of hospitality and admin staff if the stadiums are empty. I hope these people get their jobs back in the future, but the truth is the same staff aren't needed in September 2020 that were needed in September 2019.

Exactly, businesses (no matter how wealthy they are) do not have to keep on staff indefinitely just for a 'goodwill'. Many of the staff leaving would have been getting paid for the last few months for doing nothing/very little. It is unfortunate that they have lost their jobs and I do feel for them but that is just how business works. If they were invaluable to Arsenal, they would not have left. 

Which brings me onto my next point, Aubameyang is essential to Arsenal football club and is rightly being offered a contract that reflects his value (the amount of money he earns the club and potential income he can contribute to if Arsenal are successful in the future). Auba is an asset, the staff who have been released are not. 

24 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Exactly, businesses (no matter how wealthy they are) do not have to keep on staff indefinitely just for a 'goodwill'. Many of the staff leaving would have been getting paid for the last few months for doing nothing/very little. It is unfortunate that they have lost their jobs and I do feel for them but that is just how business works. If they were invaluable to Arsenal, they would not have left. 

Which brings me onto my next point, Aubameyang is essential to Arsenal football club and is rightly being offered a contract that reflects his value (the amount of money he earns the club and potential income he can contribute to if Arsenal are successful in the future). Auba is an asset, the staff who have been released are not. 

I can make sense of most of what you're saying until I get to that last line which is gross.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I can make sense of most of what you're saying until I get to that last line which is gross.

No sentiment is football, or business in general.

• Upvote 1