Football 19/20

thetime

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

as long as they don't continue the drinks breaks ... cos if they do, before you know it the yanks will have it as a permanent ads break.

I don't mind the drinks break in general, there's less in match stoppages without the crowds so players are running more. But if they put ads in we won't get rid of them even once the crowds are back.

You would imagine the top 5 places could be secured if united win tonight. 

United would be 6 points clear of wolves, Leicester 7 points clear of wolves with both having a far superior goal difference.

All down to that City ruling on Monday. I would imagine they won't get the 2 year ban, probably cut by a year. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

All down to that City ruling on Monday. I would imagine they won't get the 2 year ban, probably cut by a year. 

yeah, to me it always looked like a 2 year ban so that it could be reduced on appeal. If they'd have given a 1 year ban it probably would get reduced to a fine.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another three points closer to promotion for the mighty Baggies. 8 needed from the last four games to be mathematically certain.

Mattheus Pereira is the best player outside the Premier League by a country mile.

i have zero confidence for my Leeds , been in this situation all too often, and it always turns out the same... tonight/Evening will be last years wigan

Derby will probably bend over against Brentford as they did with you saving themselves to push us into another miserable playoff campaign!

full of hope me

27 minutes ago, pryce said:

i have zero confidence for my Leeds , been in this situation all too often, and it always turns out the same... tonight/Evening will be last years wigan

Derby will probably bend over against Brentford as they did with you saving themselves to push us into another miserable playoff campaign!

full of hope me

I reckon you’ll be fine. Albion and Leeds have been the best two teams in the league by some distance this year.

On 7/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, pink_triangle said:

Terrible rule, completely favours the richer clubs with the biggest squads.

It also favours younger players who don't usually get a chance. I personally like it as a rule.

Fresher players also tend to play better, more exciting football (as they are full of energy) which is what I want from a football game. 

48 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It also favours younger players who don't usually get a chance. I personally like it as a rule.

Fresher players also tend to play better, more exciting football (as they are full of energy) which is what I want from a football game. 

While of course the big teams already have the advantage of having the best young players. I won't support any rule change in the premiership whicj benefits the rich over the (relatively) poor.

The Spurs documentary trailer has just dropped, and I’m convinced more than ever that the whole ‘sacking Poch/hiring Jose’ saga was clearly done with this in mind and for entertainment purposes - probably funded by Amazon in the background someway. 
Everybody knew Jose was finished but is undeniably box office, and sacking Poch (less than 6 months after taking them to a CL final) made little sense.
Levy also loves the money, and high viewing figures will help pay for the shiny new stadium. 

30 minutes ago, st dan said:

The Spurs documentary trailer has just dropped, and I’m convinced more than ever that the whole ‘sacking Poch/hiring Jose’ saga was clearly done with this in mind and for entertainment purposes - probably funded by Amazon in the background someway. 
Everybody knew Jose was finished but is undeniably box office, and sacking Poch (less than 6 months after taking them to a CL final) made little sense.
Levy also loves the money, and high viewing figures will help pay for the shiny new stadium. 

As a neutral I dont think I could be bothered watching a documentary about Spurs, similar to the Man City one. I prefer the clubs like Sunderland where everything is a bit messed up!

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

As a neutral I dont think I could be bothered watching a documentary about Spurs, similar to the Man City one. I prefer the clubs like Sunderland where everything is a bit messed up!

Agreed - it certainly would have been very dull with them under Mr Nice Guy in Poch. 

But Jose has brought much more chaos and mayhem since he’s been there; the Dier climbing the stands incident, criticising Ndombele, flouting the lockdown rules training, the Son and Lloris clash to name a few.

Again fuelling the conspiracy that this may have all been a set up for TV/money. 

City had way too much editorial control to make it interesting imo. The few moments of conflict in the season were largely ignored, made it all feel a bit sterile. 

Can't see  Spurs showing too much conflict while Mourinho's still in charge but should be enough conflict that they can't ignore it.

4 hours ago, st dan said:

The money from a documentary will be peanuts in football terms.