Football 19/20

thetime

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

I don't think city are stronger enough defensively to knock either out.

We only conceded 35 goals all season with Laporte out for 90% of it. Bayern conceded 32 and Barca 38

Are Barca and Munich strong enough defensively to keep City out?

Edited by eastynh

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Are Barca and Munich strong enough defensively to keep City out?

You have not played  against the calibre of Lewandowski and messi in the prem. City will go out in the semis, saying that with it being a one leg semi you have a better chance.

Aguero fit and you would have a better chance, personally do not rate Jesus.

Edited by thetime

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

You have not played  against the calibre of Lewandowski and messi in the prem. City will go out in the semis, saying that with it being a one leg semi you have a better chance.

You could say the same for Bayern and Barca though, who have they played with an attack as potent as City's?  We have already outplayed the best team in Spain twice.

Aguero will not play, it will be Jesus. 

Bayern have looked good against the London teams, but they play football and we do well against teams that try to play. . 

Not worrying about either Barca or Munich yet as Lyon are a stiff enough test. Write them off at your peril.

20 minutes ago, thetime said:

What do you not like about Jesus? He scores big goals in big games. He is also quite prolific when you look at his record.

38 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What do you not like about Jesus? He scores big goals in big games. He is also quite prolific when you look at his record.

Just don't rate him, doesn't seem top quality to me. Certainly not a patch on aguero, perhaps a tad unfair as aguero one of the best in recent times. Still amazed why barca or Madrid didn't sign him up.

8 hours ago, thetime said:

Just don't rate him, doesn't seem top quality to me. Certainly not a patch on aguero, perhaps a tad unfair as aguero one of the best in recent times. Still amazed why barca or Madrid didn't sign him up.

It is ridiculously unfair to compare him to Aguero. Aguero is a top 3 all time Premier League striker. 

Jesus scores at a faster rate than anyone in the Prem, apart from Aubameyang and Aguero. He has scored a similar amount of career goals, as Aguero had by the age of 23, despite having nowhere near as many minutes on the pitch. He also works harder and assists more. If he played for United or Liverpool, the media would be raving about him. Yet all we get are comparisons with Aguero. 

Edited by eastynh

Completely forgot it was only 1 leg now, not 2. 

I think that will actually benefit PSG over Atletico. Atletico are an outstanding team but a lot of their strength is getting ahead at home then defending all game in the second leg. Can't see it happening that way in a 1 off game.

Think it's pretty open but still fancy City will win it overall.

I'm going...

QF: City to beat Lyon, Atleti to beat Leipzig, Bayern to beat Barca, Atalanta to beat PSG

SF: Bayern to beat City, Atleti to beat Atalanta

F: Bayern to beat Atleti

Europa I'm going either Wolves or United vs Inter in the final. Inter vs Bayer should be good tonight!

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

It is ridiculously unfair to compare him to Aguero. Aguero is a top 3 all time Premier League striker. 

Jesus scores at a faster rate than anyone in the Prem, apart from Aubameyang and Aguero. He has scored a similar amount of career goals, as Aguero had by the age of 23, despite having nowhere near as many minutes on the pitch. He also works harder and assists more. If he played for United or Liverpool, the media would be raving about him. Yet all we get are comparisons with Aguero. 

I agree, when you look at the hype around Rashford and Greenwood, imagine the hype he would get if he was English.

Star of Sunderland till I Die Brian Oviedo on the bench vs Man U and surprisingly still only 30.

Also I seem to remember him scoring the winning goal at Old Trafford for Everton and Man U manager Moyes trying to justify it suggesting he too could build a Utd team as good as the Everton one you'd just seen.

Edited by lost

39 minutes ago, lost said:

Also I seem to remember him scoring the winning goal at Old Trafford for Everton and Man U manager Moyes trying to justify it suggesting he too could build a Utd team as good as the Everton one you'd just seen.

Did he actually say that though?

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Did he actually say that though?

No it just came across that way. He refused to admit it was a bad result and kept going on about what great players he'd brought in at Everton.