Football 19/20

thetime

1 minute ago, WS_Jack_III said:

You can all say it's better off without them but the league is officially a corrupt league now in my opinion. 

The league has always run in the interest of the big boys. Didn't need todays decision to know that. However the league also runs to keep the chasing pack from overtaking Newcastle, so works both ways.

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think Ashley is the lesser of two evils. 

It's bullshit though, the decision wasn't made because the Saudis torture people, it was made because of Qatari influence over TV rights and clubs that have pushed down Newcastle in the last 20 years wanting to keep them down.

If the problem is the Saudis, why are Sheffield Utd in the PL?

I have no problem with the argument that a regime that tortures people shouldn't pass a fit and proper persons test. The ways it got stopped are ridiculous though. You're arguing that the ends justify the means. Just because the Saudis are bad doesn't stop the PL being corrupt and fucked up.

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

But regardless, I don't have any influence on who is in charge.

I won't be watching any Premier League football next season now for sure, no point.

From the outside it looks like Newcastle fans (not saying other teams would be different) don't mind dodgy owners if they are willing to spend more money.

I also get the impression that many are annoyed about the unfairness that protects the top premiership teams from the rest, but aren't bothered about the unfairness that protects the average premier league clubs from those in the leagues below.

46 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

All coming out now, PL teams including Liverpool and Spurs didn't want Newcastle deal to go through. The League is corrupt lads, that's that. Nobody else is allowed to come and play with the big boys.

I feel for the fans. Ashley is a horrible bastard and no one deserves having him at the helm. Yet, I had to laugh. Newcastle joined up with 8 other Premier League clubs, to write to CAS, to try and persuade CAS not to delay our Champions League ban till our hearing was heard. All the time, some of the clubs Newcastle were conspiring with, were going behind their back, to screw them over.

As for it being bent, I have been saying that for ages. I am all for Newcastle getting taken over by rich investors. It increases competition. Unfortunately for Newcastle, they will find there is a cartel of clubs who will try and cut them off at knee, at every stage. Then you have the joke that is FFP, which is designed to keep everyone in their place. I think there are a few Newcastle fans who have had their eyes opened recently.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

From the outside it looks like Newcastle fans (not saying other teams would be different) don't mind dodgy owners if they are willing to spend more money.

I also get the impression that many are annoyed about the unfairness that protects the top premiership teams from the rest, but aren't bothered about the unfairness that protects the average premier league clubs from those in the leagues below.

That's probably true, but look at City fans, or Chelsea fans. 

10 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's bullshit though, the decision wasn't made because the Saudis torture people, it was made because of Qatari influence over TV rights and clubs that have pushed down Newcastle in the last 20 years wanting to keep them down.

If the problem is the Saudis, why are Sheffield Utd in the PL?

I have no problem with the argument that a regime that tortures people shouldn't pass a fit and proper persons test. The ways it got stopped are ridiculous though. You're arguing that the ends justify the means. Just because the Saudis are bad doesn't stop the PL being corrupt and fucked up.

I never thought the premiership wasn't corrupt and fucked up, I would like to see a salary cap. I have no doubt the premiership don't care about torture. At the same time I would prefer they weren't there, so glad the takeover has been blocked.

As I have said I have heard little from Newcastle fans being upset about things like parachute payments which hold down championship teams at the expense of teams like Newcastle. The premiership doesn't just look after the top clubs.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I never thought the premiership wasn't corrupt and fucked up, I would like to see a salary cap. I have no doubt the premiership don't care about torture. At the same time I would prefer they weren't there, so glad the takeover has been blocked.

As I have said I have heard little from Newcastle fans being upset about things like parachute payments which hold down championship teams at the expense of teams like Newcastle. The premiership doesn't just look after the top clubs.

It hasn't been blocked, they didn't make a decision either way and ran the clock down on PIF so they couldn't plan for the season.

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It hasn't been blocked, they didn't make a decision either way and ran the clock down on PIF so they couldn't plan for the season.

Which is effectively there way of blocking . I would imagine it's easier for them to defend from a legislation perspective.

Edited by pink_triangle

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Tony Pulis keeps finding work. Of course they don’t care.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

no, it was made because of Saudi pirating of the TV rights. ;) 

Interesting the Athletic has an article that states it wasn't the leagues fault that time had run out, which goes against my assumption they were running down the clock to stop having to make a difficult decision. Instead claiming the league gave the Saudis plenty of time to sort the issue out and they instead went against a WTO ruling.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

no, it was made because of Saudi pirating of the TV rights. ;) 

Well its both isn't it? But the reason isn't Saudi immorality, its vested interests and corruption. The Saudis are thieves as well as torturers, fine, I'm not trying to defend them because it's my club and Ashley is shit. I'm pointing out the process that caused the failures is fucked. 

If the PL's problem is the Saudis themselves (and it should be), then they'd care about Sheffield Utd. 

53 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Well its both isn't it? But the reason isn't Saudi immorality, its vested interests and corruption. The Saudis are thieves as well as torturers, fine, I'm not trying to defend them because it's my club and Ashley is shit. I'm pointing out the process that caused the failures is fucked. 

If the PL's problem is the Saudis themselves (and it should be), then they'd care about Sheffield Utd. 

Couldn't the Saudis pretty easily pulled the plug on the piracy if they wanted?

I'm genuinely not too bothered it's collapsed. I didn't want the Saudis there, but i also don't want Ashley. Jonathan Liew wrote a good article in the guardian about how Newcastle fans might be relieved it didn't in a few years and i largely agree with it. 

My issue is entirely to do with the bullshit reasons. 

36 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'm genuinely not too bothered it's collapsed. I didn't want the Saudis there, but i also don't want Ashley. Jonathan Liew wrote a good article in the guardian about how Newcastle fans might be relieved it didn't in a few years and i largely agree with it. 

My issue is entirely to do with the bullshit reasons. 

Playing devil's advocate, but wouldn't piracy be a valid reason?