Football 19/20

thetime

48 minutes ago, eastynh said:

But the owner of Etihad was not Citys owner.

that a legal technicality being used to avoid the reality. ;) 

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

a newspaper has doctored illegaly obtained emails to try and damage an English football club.

oh, so not an attempt by UEFA to damage a football club, now then? :lol: 

At least you've backed away from that one now Cas have clearly stated that UEFA acted reasonably.

51 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City did not get off on any technicality and UEFA are looking a joke operation this morning.

lol. Oh dear. You haven't, despite what Cas said.

52 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City will play in next years champions league and no one will hold us back now.

Well, except perhaps the city players, who have held city back so far. Another few billion should probably do it. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that a legal technicality being used to avoid the reality. ;) 

oh, so not an attempt by UEFA to damage a football club, now then? :lol: 

At least you've backed away from that one now Cas have clearly stated that UEFA acted reasonably.

lol. Oh dear. You haven't, despite what Cas said.

Well, except perhaps the city players, who have held city back so far. Another few billion should probably do it. 

How have the City players held the club back this season? 2nd in the league and scoring hundred goals, league cup winners, FA cup semi finalists and still in the Champions League. Thats a pretty successful season from where I am looking.

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

How have the City players held the club back this season? 2nd in the league and scoring hundred goals, league cup winners, FA cup semi finalists and still in the Champions League. Thats a pretty successful season from where I am looking.

Finished on the same amount of points as Mourinho did at Utd in his 2nd season. Got to the FA Cup final too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Finished on the same amount of points as Mourinho did at Utd in his 2nd season. Got to the FA Cup final too.

I have seen as many relegation battles as top 4 finishes, this has been a good season. We have played stunningly beautiful football.

There is more to football than winning trophies.

• Upvote 2

Curious how Ake will do. He's obviously got quality and think he'll actually suit City better than Bournemouth, but every time I've watched him play against Liverpool he just doesn't seem to have progressed and always seems a bit lightweight.

5 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Curious how Ake will do. He's obviously got quality and think he'll actually suit City better than Bournemouth, but every time I've watched him play against Liverpool he just doesn't seem to have progressed and always seems a bit lightweight.

The consensus is that Stones and Otamendi are on their way, with Ake and hopefully Koulibaly coming in. Not sure Ake will be first choice really, although he can cover left back.