Football 19/20

thetime

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Wolves have a lot to play for themselves. 

They certainly do and it will not be an easy game. I'm hoping Frank will rile the team up in the same way he did against United. Could go either way. It's a shoot out.

In all seriousness, LFC wiped the floor with us at times tonight and we were always playing catch up. Look at what Klopp inherited five years ago and look at the team he has built today. It's ridiculous. Talk about an absolute turn around in mentality. Reminds me of watching United as a lad. Even if United were 2-0 down on 70 mins you'd bet your house on them winning. I'm interested to see how it plays out next year; LFC have 'arrived' now and there's an expectation that surrounds that. Anyway, what comes next remains to be seen (and I'm not as gassed up as the pundits who are suggesting a period of dominance) but right now, credit where credit is due... Worthy champions. 

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Anyway, what comes next remains to be seen (and I'm not as gassed up as the pundits who are suggesting a period of dominance) but right now, credit where credit is due... Worthy champions. 

The performances in recent seasons have been impressive, but I don't think over 3 years there's much between them and City. I think there's very much two top level teams in the Prem, and a load of also-rans.

11 hours ago, jyoung said:

In all seriousness, LFC wiped the floor with us at times tonight and we were always playing catch up. Look at what Klopp inherited five years ago and look at the team he has built today. It's ridiculous. Talk about an absolute turn around in mentality. Reminds me of watching United as a lad. Even if United were 2-0 down on 70 mins you'd bet your house on them winning. I'm interested to see how it plays out next year; LFC have 'arrived' now and there's an expectation that surrounds that. Anyway, what comes next remains to be seen (and I'm not as gassed up as the pundits who are suggesting a period of dominance) but right now, credit where credit is due... Worthy champions. 

Cheers, 

For what it's worth I think Lampard has done a fantastic job, and he seems a decent bloke with the way he waited to congratulate the team etc. Going forward next season you have so much potential, I just think you need someone to shore up the defence. 

I think next season will be a lot closer in terms of the league title. 

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't think they should have done the trophy presentation yesterday, it was always going to encourage fans to act like idiots.

I'd happily see this rationale broadened to include england fans attendance at any future footie tournament. Encourages idiots.

36 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers, 

For what it's worth I think Lampard has done a fantastic job, and he seems a decent bloke with the way he waited to congratulate the team etc. Going forward next season you have so much potential, I just think you need someone to shore up the defence. 

I think it will be as easy for liverpool.

The European competition's is going to kill the teams that are still in Europe. Certainly City who will be liverpool's closest challengers again.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

I think it will be as easy for liverpool.

The European competition's is going to kill the teams that are still in Europe. Certainly City who will be liverpool's closest challengers again.

I think it depends what business City do this summer - their main issue (in my opinion) this year was never replacing Kompany coupled with Laporte's injury. 

Going off all the noises coming out of the club, Liverpool won't do much business this summer but we've got some good youth coming through. It's a shame Larouci is off as he was a ready made step in for Robertson.

44 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Cheers, 

I think fantastic job is stretching the use of the word fantastic!! I think Chelsea are about where they should be.  They also have less points than last season which I also thought wasn't fantastic.  I think they are lucky that the likes of Spurs and Arsenal have had a poor season.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I think fantastic job is stretching the use of the word fantastic!! I think Chelsea are about where they should be.  They also have less points than last season which I also thought wasn't fantastic.  I think they are lucky that the likes of Spurs and Arsenal have had a poor season.

Who ever gets top 4, it will be the lowest point total for a fair few years. Gives you a barometer how poor the league is after Liverpool and City.

55 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Maybe it is a stretch but a relative novice, and no transfer budget - I think he has done well. Although I agree the quality of everyone else has dropped off.

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Maybe it is a stretch but a relative novice, and no transfer budget - I think he has done well. Although I agree the quality of everyone else has dropped off.

He seemed easily irked on the touchline last night. Telling Klopp to "fuck off". Sad, really.

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Think it's also worth noting they lost Hazard. Losing your best player is going to hurt any team.

Liverpool and City are just a class above everyone else though, they are two of the best sides the premier league has seen.

55 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Have to say I thought we did an amazing job with that presentation last night given the circumstances. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sat there having a little cry throughout most of it.

Championship... can we even begin to imagine a Cardiff v Swansea playoff final? :D 

Presentation should never have gone ahead, was obvious fans couldn't be trusted to act responsibly.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/403133-liverpool-fc-statement

Pathetic wishy washy statement from Liverpool

44 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

He seemed easily irked on the touchline last night. Telling Klopp to "fuck off". Sad, really.

I imagine a lot of managers want to shout that to him. He’s a very irritating guy (if he’s not your manager). 

In other news, Birmingham retiring Jude Bellingham’s number 22 shirt is one of the most embarrassing things i think I’ve ever seen a football club do - turning 17 a couple of weeks ago and has only played one season for the first team. Ridiculous. 

Edited by st dan

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Presentation should never have gone ahead, was obvious fans couldn't be trusted to act responsibly.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/403133-liverpool-fc-statement

Pathetic wishy washy statement from Liverpool

Not sure I agree. I'm not defending the people causing trouble at all. But that would have happened irrespective of if we had the presentation inside the stadium or not.