Football 19/20

thetime

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Good article on the Athletic about Sheff United today, there wage bill is 23 percent of the average for the league. Klopp has done a great job, but Wilder manager of the season for me.

Surprised Liverpool have a bigger wage bill than City and Chelsea. 

13 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Teams that narrowly miss out on automatic usually fluff the playoffs, possibly due to the morale hit.-

Yeah - Can remember 2015/16 when Middlesbrough and Brighton had a crazy close battle for automatic promotion settled on goal difference by a meeting between the pair of them on the final day, and in the play-offs, a Brighton team that missed out looked shot in the play-offs.

I guess Leeds getting back to the Prem was bound to happen eventually. It was super weird to remember seeing them in League One a decade or so ago plus it'll be cool to see how Bielsa manages in the PL.

Much as its super weird they've got back up at this moment when fans in games is still not a thing.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Bournemouth playing 2 teams with nothing to play for, so there is a chance.

When Newcastle beat Bournemouth a few weeks ago, I would never have guessed the Cherries would have had any chance. They were awful in that game. And yet they have a better looking run-in than either Watford or Villa, so I have to say they could well do it.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Pray we beat United tomorrow. I do love a London derby cup final.

You are due a win against united, losing 4 times in a season to united would be very careless.

Expect united to make lots of changes tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

You are due a win against united, losing 4 times in a season to united would be very careless.

Expect united to make lots of changes tomorrow.

Frank could do with a result against Ole, def. Chelsea will put out a strong team I think.