Football 19/20

thetime

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Neil why were they time barred?

You know this. It was you who told me. UEFA have 5(?) years to bring a case for breeching FFP rules, from UEFA's own rules.

In the USA it's called "the statue of limitations". It means a rapist can't be prosecuted for rape if it's not got to court for X number of years.

Because it was time barred it means UEFA could have had solid gold evidence of City's guilt and City would have still got off.

Time barred is not "innocent". 

Not established means they had no evidence to prosecute City.

No, it means they didn't have sufficient evidence to satisfy Cas.

That could mean that Cas didn't accept the 'stolen' emails as evidence

City proved they had done nothing wrong.

from what we know at the moment City might have proven nothing at all. 

City might have offered their "irrefutable evidence" to Cas, or they might not have. From what we know at the mo it's easily possible that City offered no evidence at all, and won only because the 'stolen' emails were deemed inadmissible.

Meanwhile, there's still those emails, and we all know what they say. 

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS 

that's a technical version of the verdict. :rolleyes:

If you're too dumb to understand that, oh well.

Let's see what the detail says in a few days. That'll show what the real score is, whether City lost 1-0 or 2-0.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Article 56 – Responsibilities of the licensee

The licensee must: a) cooperate with the licensor and the Club Financial Control Panel in respect of their requests and enquiries; b) provide the licensor and the Club Financial Control Panel with all necessary information and/or relevant documents to fully demonstrate that the monitoring requirements are fulfilled, as well as any other document requested and deemed to be relevant for club monitoring decision-making (the reporting entity or combination of entities in respect of which information is required to be provided must be the same as for club licensing); c) promptly notify the licensor in writing about any subsequent events that constitute a significant change to the information previously submitted to the licensor.

Hmmmm .... those 'stolen' emails show that City didn't tell UEFA about a significant (snigger) "change".

Either that, or City execs are so insane they're trolling the club they work for. :P 

Best result for the long term health of the game. People will get very bored and switch off if a small cartel of clubs are allowed to fix the competition so the same names appear on the trophies each year.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

that's a technical version of the verdict. :rolleyes:

If you're too dumb to understand that, oh well.

Let's see what the detail says in a few days. That'll show what the real score is, whether City lost 1-0 or 

You can term it anyway that makes you feel better Neil. Truth is that we were banned from the champions league and now we are not. Thats a 10 - 0 victory for City, whatever way you wish to spin it.

You said we would get banned, I maintained we wouldn't. I was right and you were wrong. I don't believe in FFP and have always maintained that. I don't care less how we have got off.

Edited by eastynh

40 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You can term it anyway that makes you feel better Neil. Truth is that we were banned from the champions league and now we are not. Thats a 10 - 0 victory for City, whatever way you wish to spin it.

yep, that's a victory for City.

That's a different thing to whether they were taking the piss with the FFP rules.

You said we would get banned, I maintained we wouldn't. I was right and you were wrong. I don't believe in FFP and have always maintained that. I don't care less how we have got off.

I said I expected the penalty to get cut from 2 years to a year, but I also said it was possible they'd get off on a technicality.

(I also said I couldn't see how they couldn't be guilty for the thing they got found guilty for, it's so cut and dried. And was right).

At the mo it looks like the technicality but we'll have to wait for the detail to find out for sure.

Meanwhile: City took the piss with the FFP rules, unless the City execs are trolling the club.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yep, that's a victory for City.

That's a different thing to whether they were taking the piss with the FFP rules.

I said I expected the penalty to get cut from 2 years to a year, but I also said it was possible they'd get off on a technicality.

(I also said I couldn't see how they couldn't be guilty for the thing they got found guilty for, it's so cut and dried. And was right).

At the mo it looks like the technicality but we'll have to wait for the detail to find out for sure.

Meanwhile: City took the piss with the FFP rules, unless the City execs are trolling the club.

Neil can you show me once in this entire thread when you said they will get off on a technicality or that the ban would be reduced?

3 hours ago, lost said:

Best result for the long term health of the game. People will get very bored and switch off if a small cartel of clubs are allowed to fix the competition so the same names appear on the trophies each year.

Agreed.  I didn't/don't have a clue if they broke the rules, but glad they have got off.  I have always feared that those at the top were using  FFP to protect their own position.

5 hours ago, jyoung said:

Top four it is then. All or bust. I expect United to continue their winning streak (wouldn't mind a favour from Ings tonight though) so here's hoping Leicester just absolutely plummet. Norwich, Liverpool and Wolves left for Chelsea. Final day could potentially be huge.

Fancy wolves sneaking ahead of Chelsea, Burnley v Wolves is a big one for me. Wolves win that they get top 4  

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

So why have you commented then, if you don't care?

Was this you, this morning?

scouser crying.jpg

Nah mate we already have won the Champions League and Premier League in two seasons. We have always maintained a big club status, you haven’t and if your only point is getting away with it and using a old shitty meme then that’s pathetic.

City are already planning to buy five players according to papers, chequebook club and manager. Football has been ruined today, you evidently broke the rules yet loopholes and money mean you get out of it. You have money, you win. But City has as much grace and decorum as a milk van. So I hope you enjoy the Champions League (you will never win), wave your plastic flags that suit your plastic support and continue to pretend your a big club, you may win the odd thing but the way you do it means no one has respect for you.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

17 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Nah mate we already have won the Champions League and Premier League in two seasons. We have always maintained a big club status, you haven’t and if your only point is getting away with it and using a old shitty meme then that’s pathetic.

City are already planning to buy five players according to papers, chequebook club and manager. Football has been ruined today, you evidently broke the rules yet loopholes and money mean you get out of it. You have money, you win. But City has as much grace and decorum as a milk van. So I hope you enjoy the Champions League (you will never win), wave your plastic flags that suit your plastic support and continue to pretend your a big club, you may win the odd thing but the way you do it means no one has respect for you.

You're also still the only English club to get themselves banned from European football competition, you can console yourself with that fact.

I might go and celebrate our victory by shooting fireworks off at our town hall, or maybe not as I am not a dickhead.

Liverpool fan in Bolton calling City fans plastic, you could not make it up.

Your whole riposte shows you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in regards to the City v Uefa case or the CAS judgement today. Lets wait till the reasoning behind the judgement is released in a few days time. You are going to look even more of a clueless and bitter idiot than you do at the present moment.

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You're also still the only English club to get themselves banned from European football competition, you can console yourself with that fact.

I might go and celebrate our victory by shooting fireworks off at our town hall, or maybe not as I am not a dickhead.

Liverpool fan in Bolton calling City fans plastic, you could not make it up.

Knew you’d bring that up, I was originally from Liverpool before Bolton which my cousin supported Liverpool, so try not to make assumptions. 

Of course shooting fireworks is out of order and of course that’s not all fans.

I’m not bringing that up but repercussions happen when you break rules and in this case it hasn’t been done due to you throwing money at the cause. 

FFP as corrupt as it may be has repercussions for breaking it and you did, yet you got away with it. 

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Knew you’d bring that up, I was originally from Liverpool before Bolton which my cousin supported Liverpool, so try not to make assumptions. 

Of course shooting fireworks is out of order and of course that’s not all fans.

I’m not bringing that up but repercussions happen when you break rules and in this case it hasn’t been done due to you throwing money at the cause. 

FFP as corrupt as it may be has repercussions for breaking it and you did, yet you got away with it. 

The main point from the CAS ruling. CAS who are a totally independent body. This following sentence is not a difficult concept to understand.

MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS