Football 19/20

thetime

8 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Some Newcastle fans are in denial about the Saudis though, albeit noone knows if anything is happening. 

compared to Ashley the saudis probably don't look too unattractive. :P

More seriously, the time to judge that one is if/when they're in place. You can want the best for your club while recognising the source of the owners funds.

30 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Some very dodgy goings on at Wigan, which as football supporters we should all be upset if not surprised about. Still, they’re a shitty tin pot club from league country so don’t suppose anyone will care. 

I was thinking about posting about this, but don't think I completely understand what has gone in. It seems like the people who owned the club sold the club back to themselves, although I couldn't really understand the purpose, as I understand the administrators won't sell it back to them. From what I understand their assets meant they shouldn't have needed administration due to assets they have, so possible relegation has effectively devalued the club. I also read there were rumours about betting scandal.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

compared to Ashley the saudis probably don't look too unattractive. :P

More seriously, the time to judge that one is if/when they're in place. You can want the best for your club while recognising the source of the owners funds.

On an investment/support level definitely. But yeah.

8 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I was thinking about posting about this, but don't think I completely understand what has gone in. It seems like the people who owned the club sold the club back to themselves, although I couldn't really understand the purpose, as I understand the administrators won't sell it back to them. From what I understand their assets meant they shouldn't have needed administration due to assets they have, so possible relegation has effectively devalued the club. I also read there were rumours about betting scandal.

I don't know if you've seen this, but it the thread elaborates a bit...

11 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Valiant effort from by far the most expensive assembled side in history - with the best manager, natch - going down 1-0 to Hassenhuetel's Saints. 

They've lost 9 games now. 😬

More than Man Utd, Arsenal and Wolves. Same as Sheffield Utd in 8th place. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I keep reading that the league is shit this year. I also keep reading that Man City are the best team in the league.

Isn't it weird that the best test team in the league has lost 9 times?

Would they have lost those games if the league hadn't been dead for a long time, we will never know.

29 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Would they have lost those games if the league hadn't been dead for a long time, we will never know.

can say that for all matches for every team. It's a bit pointless going there.

Anyhow, City were clocking up the losses before lockdown, it's not only been after. They're a bit shit in defence and other teams have realised. 

I watched yesterday's match, and city were generally great, it was just one of those days where the ball isn't going in the net (Soton defended very well too). 

Foden was pretty anonymous tho, which had me (just for the fun of it) look up his stats and compare with Curtis Jones. It's still early days for Jones, but he's ahead. :P 

Edited by Neil

46 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Man Utd playing some decent stuff Nal - you back on board the Olly Funbus?

Yeah watched a bit of footie over the last week or so, Spain and Italy too.

Although MOTD seems to be 50% football chat and 50% "was VAR right" chat. Still havent watched a full this minutes this year. Mainly due to VAR.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

can say that for all matches for every team. It's a bit pointless going there.

Anyhow, City were clocking up the losses before lockdown, it's not only been after. They're a bit shit in defence and other teams have realised. 

I watched yesterday's match, and city were generally great, it was just one of those days where the ball isn't going in the net (Soton defended very well too). 

Foden was pretty anonymous tho, which had me (just for the fun of it) look up his stats and compare with Curtis Jones. It's still early days for Jones, but he's ahead. :P 

There is no doubt in my minds that teams approach games differently when there is nothing to play for.  I also think that the last couple of seasons has skewed peoples minds in terms of what is normal.  This going through the season and only losing 1 or 2 games is definitely not normal, it possibly could become the new normal, but we need more time.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Can see Arsenal getting one over on Leicester tonight and blowing the race for top four open. 

amazing they're getting in the mix, they've been pretty shit.

-----

Also amazing, and shows how low the sky take-up is ... the Soton/Man City match was the most-viewed prem match ever (in the UK, I presume).

Anyone got a link for a good site for hooky streams? I've been using streamhunter (for years, generally pretty good) but since footie restarted I've not had any good streams (they've been dropping every ten minutes(ish), which gets to be a right pain).

27 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Can see Arsenal getting one over on Leicester tonight and blowing the race for top four open. 

Can't see Arsenal getting a sniff of top 4/5 to be honest, hopefully Leicester drop points tonight. Arsenal still got Spurs and Liverpool after tonight.

Can't see past Leicester, Chelsea, United or Wolves for top 4/5. The ruling on city next Mobday is going to be interesting. 

I'm going for 

3. Chelsea

4. United

5. Leicester 

6. Wolves

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Anyone got a link for a good site for hooky streams? I've been using streamhunter (for years, generally pretty good) but since footie restarted I've not had any good streams (they've been dropping every ten minutes(ish), which gets to be a right pain).

Totalsportek streams have been ridiculous since the restart. The quality of picture has honestly matched that of BT and Sky. Give it a go.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Can't see Arsenal getting a sniff of top 4/5 to be honest, hopefully Leicester drop points tonight. Arsenal still got Spurs and Liverpool after tonight.

Can't see past Leicester, Chelsea, United or Wolves for top 4/5. The ruling on city next Mobday is going to be interesting. 

I'm going for 

3. Chelsea

4. United

5. Leicester 

6. Wolves

I think it's touch and go with Chelsea finishing above United. We've got to get past Wolves and Liverpool whilst not stopping points elsewhere. Agree that Arsenal won't make top four though, I just mean if they win tonight it opens it up for Wolves and United.

I've just clocked that the last day of the season is:

Leicester v Man Utd (Sunday 26th July - 16:00)
Chelsea v Wolves (Sunday 26th July - 16:00)

I'm sure the teams involved would like to secure their Top 4 places before then but for a neutral that'll be a great day!

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I've just clocked that the last day of the season is:

Leicester v Man Utd (Sunday 26th July - 16:00)
Chelsea v Wolves (Sunday 26th July - 16:00)

I'm sure the teams involved would like to secure their Top 4 places before then but for a neutral that'll be a great day!

Home wins in both games please.