Football 19/20

thetime

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

So as per usual, you were talking utter tripe.

Mansour has stopped being a senior figure in a regime that has people 'disappear'?  The tripe is your own.

PS: well done for winning a game of football.

PPS: if a Liverpool player had gone down like Sterling I wonder what you'd say?

PPPS*: If Sterling scores against Liverpool and nobody is there to see it, did it actually happen? :D 

(* nicked from elsewhere)

23 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It was a clear pen. Mane goes down like a sack of potatoes every week for far less.

It was many things, none of which was "a clear pen". 

Gomez had his hands all over him but also back the other way; it was one of those which some refs would give and some wouldn't.

From VAR it wasn't even clear if Gomez was dragging Sterling around or 'holding him off', and there was no visible reason to me why Sterling went down in exactly the sack of spuds thing.

But anyway, I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty. :) 

Just that I know exactly what easty would be saying if it had been Mane and not Sterling which had gone down like that. 

(my view is that if you do what Gomez did in the box and the player goes down, there's a big chance of the ref saying it's a pen and you can't really complain).

PS: VAR, always favouring Liverpool, eh? :D 

Edited by Neil

I absolutely love supporting Liverpool but there are some proper knobheads supporting us. We've just won the league earlier than anyone else has yet I see people last night tweeting the players abuse and the worst was someone tweeting Fabinho's wife something like "You and your jogging merchant husband can fuck off".

3 losses in 2 season in the league and they come out with stuff like that. Morons.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Chelsea, innit.

Thats Liverpool who blame Chelsea fans for their misdemeanours.

United fans hate Liverpool just as much, if not more so than City fans. Citys ground is smack bang between Beswick, Newton Heath, Miles Platting and Clayton. All 4 are big United areas. There is every chance that fella is a United fan.

At least he was not throwing bricks at the coach. 

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I always thought the same, as in my view it is not an era where England are strong and no point taking a more experienced average player who would probably spend the whole time on the bench.

However I don't think you can make much of a judgement from these games which I see as glorified friendlies. One advantage Foden will have over other young England players is his skin colour which will mean he has a much easier ride than some of the other players.

What the fuck has his skin colour got to do with anything? Miccah Richards played for England as an 18 year old, after playing 28 professional matches, in a shit City team. Foden is 20, is a far, far better player than Richards, has played in far more games, yet has not been picked for England. 

The colour of someones skin does not stop then getting in the England squad, in this day and age. Sancho, Rio Ferdinand, Wellbeck, even Kieren Richardson got games for England and he was crap. It is the football club you play for that may hold you back for England, not the colour of your skin.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Mansour has stopped being a senior figure in a regime that has people 'disappear'?  The tripe is your own.

PS: well done for winning a game of football.

PPS: if a Liverpool player had gone down like Sterling I wonder what you'd say?

PPPS*: If Sterling scores against Liverpool and nobody is there to see it, did it actually happen? :D 

(* nicked from elsewhere)

Neil is there any evidence of you being critical of the regime in Abu Dhabi from before they took over at City?

10 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Neil is there any evidence of you being critical of the regime in Abu Dhabi from before they took over at City?

Defo for the UAE, yes - including because of people I know who've been jailed there.

But anyway, that's not particularly relevant to here, where there's sportswashing when it's dangled in front of a nose. ;) 

Edited by Neil

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

Defo for the UAE, yes - including because of people I know who've been jailed there.

But anyway, that's not particularly relevant to here, where there's sportswashing when it's dangled in front of a nose. ;) 

Sports washing is a load of nonesense. The exact opposite has happened by the regime in Abu Dhabi purchasing City. It has actually brought attention on to them

City's ownership had nothing to do with the topic at hand, which was the behaviour of Liverpool fans.

As for your comment about winning a match, we win lots of them and we win lots of trophies. Thats because we have the best team, play the best football and don't duck competitions. 

We still have 2 trophies to play for, after already winning one this year, 3 last year and 2 the year before.

Edited by eastynh

35 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What the fuck has his skin colour got to do with anything? Miccah Richards played for England as an 18 year old, after playing 28 professional matches, in a shit City team. Foden is 20, is a far, far better player than Richards, has played in far more games, yet has not been picked for England. 

The colour of someones skin does not stop then getting in the England squad, in this day and age. Sancho, Rio Ferdinand, Wellbeck, even Kieren Richardson got games for England and he was crap. It is the football club you play for that may hold you back for England, not the colour of your skin.

Think pink was on about the media, could be wrong though.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City's ownership had nothing to do with the topic at hand, which was the behaviour of Liverpool fans.

true, although you've gone out of your way to call Liverpool fans scum* yet have denied that Mansour is involved in far far worse when you've been invited to agree that he is. 

If you're free to dive in with condemnations, then surely others are too? 

(* I've not denied, btw. There's scum at just about all clubs, just as there's scum outside of football. In fact there's only scum inside of football because there's scum outside of football. ;) ).

As for your comment about winning a match, we win lots of them and we win lots of trophies. Thats because we have the best team, play the best football and don't duck competitions. 

and the fattest wallet, don't forget the fattest wallet. 

Cos without the fattest wallet you were shit and won nothing, remember? 

We still have 2 trophies to play for, after already winning one this year, 3 last year and 2 the year before.

Good luck in those. :) 

15 minutes ago, eastynh said:

after already winning one this year

I could hear the City fans still celebrating the win last night*. 

:P 

(* © Man City twitter)

Edited by Neil

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I meant from the media. A lot of the younger England players are black and for all the black lives matter coverage there is no doubt in my mind black player are still treated differently.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/29/groundbreaking-report-reveals-racial-bias-in-english-football-commentary

Interesting study and definitely fits with what I had assumed. I struggled to think of a black player the media described as intelligent while they are definitely discussed as being lazy more than white players. I also assume the impact of commentators will impact on how the public perceive the players and their opportunities in management.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/29/groundbreaking-report-reveals-racial-bias-in-english-football-commentary

Interesting study and definitely fits with what I had assumed. I struggled to think of a black player the media described as intelligent while they are definitely discussed as being lazy more than white players. I also assume the impact of commentators will impact on how the public perceive the players and their opportunities in management.

Interesting!

I hope the broadcasters take notice of it and try to nudge things to a better place (tho I can imagine even with the very best intentions it's going to be difficult to achieve in full in a short time).

Edited by Neil

On 7/3/2020 at 10:07 AM, Neil said:

true, although you've gone out of your way to call Liverpool fans scum* yet have denied that Mansour is involved in far far worse when you've been invited to agree that he is. 

If you're free to dive in with condemnations, then surely others are too? 

(* I've not denied, btw. There's scum at just about all clubs, just as there's scum outside of football. In fact there's only scum inside of football because there's scum outside of football. ;) ).

and the fattest wallet, don't forget the fattest wallet. 

Cos without the fattest wallet you were shit and won nothing, remember? 

Good luck in those. :) 

Neil you accuse City's owners of murders and atrocities, yet can not show me one single episode where he has been implicated. You do this as way of diverting attention away from the behaviour of Liverpool fans. You criticise City's owners but not a single comment in regards to Liverpools owners accepting money for terrorist money launderers. That has been proven, Standard Charter were fined a record amount for what they did, yet Liverpool were still happy to accept money from them. The list of misdemeanours by Liverpool and their fans is longer than Lord of The rings. The club itself, if they are not supporting racists (Luis Suarez) they are hacking other clubs systems or trying to fuck over the British tax payer. As for the fans, where do you start? The picture below just sums Liverpool fans up. Check the don't buy the Sun banner, which was in response to that rags despicable coverage of Hillsborough. You would have some sympathy for Liverpool, but just below is a big fuck off banner stating Steaua Bucuresti 1986. That banner is mocking Everton as Steaua replaced Everton in the 86 European Cup. Why were Everton replaced? Well because Liverpool managed to get everyone banned from Europe due to killing 39 football fans. That just sums Liverpool fans up, offended by everything and ashamed of nothing.

You are totally correct about City being shit before the investment. Yet, you fail to mention that Liverpool were shit before they were taken over the Moores famil, who bank rolled them. They broke the British transfer record while still a second division club.

City were winning trophies both domestically and in Europe before Liverpool ever did, yet we have no history apparently.

Yes we were shit but I still went every week and I will continue to go every week. Why is that? Because I am not a glory hunter.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:56 PM, pink_triangle said:

I meant from the media. A lot of the younger England players are black and for all the black lives matter coverage there is no doubt in my mind black player are still treated differently.

Sorry fella, I misinterpreted what you meant

liverpool-banner.jpg

Edited by eastynh

17 hours ago, eastynh said:

Neil you accuse City's owners of murders and atrocities, yet can not show me one single episode where he has been implicated.

The only person associating Mansour with a murderous regime is Mansour by his involvement in a murderous regime.

Even (different country) MSB didn't personally get Khashoggi's blood on his hands. ;) 

You do this as way of diverting attention away from the behaviour of Liverpool fans.

if I'm doing that, it's to divert attention away from the behaviour of football fans. There's a high proportion of arseholes supporting all clubs, and I don't bother to feign surprise each time they again show themselves as arseholes.

Not even every time you pretend that Mansour is just a lovely bloke. 

You criticise City's owners but not a single comment in regards to Liverpools owners accepting money for terrorist money launderers.

:rolleyes: 

If you like, I could move along from murderous despots to talk about shark capitalists? A conversation which would still include Mansour, btw.

It'd be a terribly long conversation, including all league clubs, but if you're up for engaging in it all the way thru we can do it if you like? We have to start somewhere, so shall we start with Mansour and the slave labour he personally helps to direct as well as profits from? Something without an equivalent within 'western capitalism'.

Meanwhile, there'd still be the murderous despotism.

21 hours ago, eastynh said:

Neil you accuse City's owners of murders and atrocities, yet can not show me one single episode where he has been implicated. You do this as way of diverting attention away from the behaviour of Liverpool fans. You criticise City's owners but not a single comment in regards to Liverpools owners accepting money for terrorist money launderers. That has been proven, Standard Charter were fined a record amount for what they did, yet Liverpool were still happy to accept money from them. The list of misdemeanours by Liverpool and their fans is longer than Lord of The rings. The club itself, if they are not supporting racists (Luis Suarez) they are hacking other clubs systems or trying to fuck over the British tax payer. As for the fans, where do you start? The picture below just sums Liverpool fans up. Check the don't buy the Sun banner, which was in response to that rags despicable coverage of Hillsborough. You would have some sympathy for Liverpool, but just below is a big fuck off banner stating Steaua Bucuresti 1986. That banner is mocking Everton as Steaua replaced Everton in the 86 European Cup. Why were Everton replaced? Well because Liverpool managed to get everyone banned from Europe due to killing 39 football fans. That just sums Liverpool fans up, offended by everything and ashamed of nothing.

You are totally correct about City being shit before the investment. Yet, you fail to mention that Liverpool were shit before they were taken over the Moores famil, who bank rolled them. They broke the British transfer record while still a second division club.

City were winning trophies both domestically and in Europe before Liverpool ever did, yet we have no history apparently.

Yes we were shit but I still went every week and I will continue to go every week. Why is that? Because I am not a glory hunter.

Sorry fella, I misinterpreted what you meant

liverpool-banner.jpg

Is amazing how many City fans have started caring about Heysel since Liverpool were challenging for the league. 

8 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Is amazing how many City fans have started caring about Heysel since Liverpool were challenging for the league. 

i wonder how come its so difficult to support the team while recognising the facts about the owner. Newc fans manage it with Ashley.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

i wonder how come its so difficult to support the team while recognising the facts about the owner. Newc fans manage it with Ashley.

Some Newcastle fans are in denial about the Saudis though, albeit noone knows if anything is happening.