Football 19/20

thetime

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

Bad result for Chelsea last night, should have been capitalising on Leiciester dropping points. Only two points above United now and with Liverpool and Wolves in our final two fixtures we will need Leicester to keep dropping points at this rate.

Last day fixtures could be tasty.

Leicester v United

Chelsea v Wolves

Would still say Chelsea have enough for 3rd, out of Wolves and United for 4th. 

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Last day fixtures could be tasty.

Leicester v United

Chelsea v Wolves

Would still say Chelsea have enough for 3rd, out of Wolves and United for 4th. 

Can you honestly see United dropping any points from their remaining 6 games:

Bournemouth (H) 
Aston Villa (A)
Southampton (H)
Crystal Palace (A) 
West Ham (H) 
Leicester (A)

I honestly can’t with the new found confidence they’re playing with, Leicester away will be tough (and potentially pivotal) but if they win all the next 5 then that should be enough for 3rd, given yesterday’s results. 

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Can you honestly see United dropping any points from their remaining 6 games:

Bournemouth (H) 
Aston Villa (A)
Southampton (H)
Crystal Palace (A) 
West Ham (H) 
Leicester (A)

I honestly can’t with the new found confidence they’re playing with, Leicester away will be tough (and potentially pivotal) but if they win all the next 5 then that should be enough for 3rd, given yesterday’s results. 

United are as likely to go on a winless run, as much as they are going 6 wins on the bounce.

I do worry about United now as I don't expect us to beat Liverpool and it's also likely that we will drop more points somewhere else as well. I'm just hoping United's good form grinds to a halt, though their fixtures are favourable. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I do worry about United now as I don't expect us to beat Liverpool and it's also likely that we will drop more points somewhere else as well. I'm just hoping United's good form grinds to a halt, though their fixtures are favourable. 

It's actually quite interesting with the europa league this season. With the timing of the tournament, if one of them miss out from top 4 they will go all out for the europa. 

15 minutes ago, thetime said:

It's actually quite interesting with the europa league this season. With the timing of the tournament, if one of them miss out from top 4 they will go all out for the europa. 

I am backing an Atlético Madrid / Wolves double in the CL / Europa.

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Foden is just too good. City ruthless in the 1st half.

Salivating at the prospect of England's Euro 2021 squad. Trent, Saka, Foden, Sterling, Sancho, Kane, Rashford..

You mean... It's coming home?

On 6/30/2020 at 4:56 PM, Neil said:

Very probably. It's defo the case that you have a bigger problem with a bit of celebratory disorder than much much worse, or even no-comment for manc raves with stabbings and rapes.

I was hoping a bit of whataboutery might give you a bit of perspective and less head-in-sand, but ...

... apparently not. ;)

PS: go ask Amnesty. 

PPS: differences between tragic consequences and deliberate choices.

So as per usual, you were talking utter tripe.

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Phil Foden, does Efests still think he's not all that?

My thoughts are he's getting more game time and he's more than proving himself, 100%. Hadn't seen enough of him before but on current form the kid looks like a real talent no doubt about it. If the Euros were next month, for me he's on the plane.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

My thoughts are he's getting more game time and he's more than proving himself, 100%. Hadn't seen enough of him before but on current form the kid looks like a real talent no doubt about it. If the Euros were next month, for me he's on the plane.

I always thought the same, as in my view it is not an era where England are strong and no point taking a more experienced average player who would probably spend the whole time on the bench.

However I don't think you can make much of a judgement from these games which I see as glorified friendlies. One advantage Foden will have over other young England players is his skin colour which will mean he has a much easier ride than some of the other players.