Football 19/20

thetime

A big concern I have about this restart is the clubs and tv companies will use it to make the case for showing every game on an ongoing basis with no overlap.

I think that would be terrible for lower leagues. I was interested in the Sheff U v Villa game how the commentators brought up the prospect of doing it in the future, I'm sure they weren't encouraged to do this by sky!!

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

A big concern I have about this restart is the clubs and tv companies will use it to make the case for showing every game on an ongoing basis with no overlap.

I think that would be terrible for lower leagues. I was interested in the Sheff U v Villa game how the commentators brought up the prospect of doing it in the future, I'm sure they weren't encouraged to do this by sky!!

Agree. 

Tried the crowd noise thing tonight. Think it helped....well that and the cider.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

It is weird watching the games with the dubbed-in audio. I do like the fact there's a mix of chants I heard at actual Newcastle games in the past, but it feels like watching a video of a gig where the video and audio aren't synced up.

A few times in the Merseyside derby today it messed up a bit and they played the audio of fans celebrating a goal.

On the note of the derby. Possibly one of the worst games of football I've seen in quite some time.

20 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought before the restart I wouldn't be bothered, nothing has changed my mind.

Its just better than nothing.

Saying that if the games are as drab as the first lot of games, people will lose interest. Be interesting how long the no fans will last.

23 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

A few times in the Merseyside derby today it messed up a bit and they played the audio of fans celebrating a goal.

On the note of the derby. Possibly one of the worst games of football I've seen in quite some time.

Might well be down to the limitation of what crowd noise MP4's they have available, clearly.

I have heard terrible things about the Everton-Liverpool game. Didn't watch it live and think that might have been the right decision. I think I may end up limiting what I watch to Newcastle games and the brief highlight clips Sky put on YouTube after each game.

Gutted we've gone out like that, but generally speaking we wouldn't have made the play offs anyway. Mixed feelings on the next season - we might be best set to deal with the current situation and the ensuing financial shitshow but for every advantage we gain it'll be another club closer to folding entirely

Foden was excellent last night. If he plays like that on the regular then City have potentially got their replacement for David Silva. Mahrez class as well. What a fantastic footballer. Interested to see who they move for with DS leaving and probably Sane too.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Foden was excellent last night. If he plays like that on the regular then City have potentially got their replacement for David Silva. Mahrez class as well. What a fantastic footballer. Interested to see who they move for with DS leaving and probably Sane too.

Yeah, if I were a Liverpool fan I’d be made up that they are so far ahead. City have looked brilliant since the restart, and without the Anfield atmosphere and fans to aid their pressing game - if even have backed City to claw back a 10/12 point gap at this stage - but the 19 point (after game in hand) is just a stretch too far. 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Yeah, if I were a Liverpool fan I’d be made up that they are so far ahead. City have looked brilliant since the restart, and without the Anfield atmosphere and fans to aid their pressing game - if even have backed City to claw back a 10/12 point gap at this stage - but the 19 point (after game in hand) is just a stretch too far. 

I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to Thu night. Hard to imagine Chelsea's back line dealing with City's attacking play.

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Someone has been banging the Foden drum on this very forum, for the best part if a year now. Covid-19 might be the best thing to happen to England, as the extra 12 months makes the Foden dilemma an easy decision for Southgate now.

I think Foden will play wide next season. Sith Silva and Sane going, there will spaces available. Pep has already said Sane will not be replaced like for like. Expect Bernardo to play more inside and it seems Houssem Aouar has been on City's want list for a long time now.