Football 19/20

thetime

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Who do you drop from LFC's front three to fit Timo Werner? We're not like Chelsea with multiple 50m players on the bench.

Chelsea don't have multiple 50m players on the bench. I don't think it's a case of dropping one of them as such as it isn't like at City where it's Agüero or Jesus. The four could easily rotate across the three spots. Werner has proved to be dynamic having played alone up top, on the left and in the number ten position. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Chelsea don't have multiple 50m players on the bench. I don't think it's a case of dropping one of them as such as it isn't like at City where it's Agüero or Jesus. The four could easily rotate across the three spots. Werner has proved to be dynamic having played alone up top, on the left and in the number ten position. 

Mate im pleased he signed for Chelsea. Ive posted this. Having a go at me is nonsense. Top player and will do great. If we had wanted him we would have signed him however.

42 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Mate im pleased he signed for Chelsea. Ive posted this. Having a go at me is nonsense. Top player and will do great. If we had wanted him we would have signed him however.

How am I having a go at you? 😂 Just said we don't have 50m players on the bench and gave my opinion on how he would have fit into the LFC team. No problem, my friend.

16 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Timo Werner isnt dynamic enough to play for LFC's current system. 

that might actually be the case, with the way Liverpool use stats - not just (for instance) scoring stats - to pick the players they buy.

24 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Every club does that.

every club does it, some do it better than other clubs. They don't all focus on the same things, or apply the same model to the same player stats, or be stats-led to the same degree.

And I wasn't making a claim of Liverpool working the stats better than others (whether they do or not isn't relevant to this), I was just suggesting that perhaps Werner doesn't look so good when he's run thru their model, and so they might have chosen to pass (or not bid as high as others, whatever).

Edited by Neil

Anyway, time will tell. Either way it will be interesting to see what business happens this summer. I've read that Spurs and Arsenal are only looking at free agents, swaps and loans. I thought Sancho may have moved but I think Dortmund may price him out of one this year.

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If we were priced out of the Werner move then this will never happen but I would love Havertz, he’s looked a brilliant player every time I’ve seen him.

Yeah Havertz looks class, doesn't he?!

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

It appears you’re in for him as well now!

Ziyech, Werner and Havertz seems way too good to be true, in my opinion! I don't even want to get too excited over Werner until it's signed and announced.

75m for Havertz is huge but I think we could afford it. We can essentially pay Werner's release clause solely from money made from this years loan fees / transfers of long term loanees. Then there's the Hazard / Morata money knocking about and with Willian (120k) and Pedro (100k) leaving that frees up some wages.

That said, what separates Liverpool from the rest of the league is their back line. Trent and Robbo are unmatchable, Virgil is the leagues best and Gomez / Matip do the job alongside him. Signing attackers is great but I would imagine we need to strengthen our back four before we could mount a serious title challenge.

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

Ziyech, Werner and Havertz seems way too good to be true, in my opinion! I don't even want to get too excited over Werner until it's signed and announced.

75m for Havertz is huge but I think we could afford it. We can essentially pay Werner's release clause solely from money made from this years loan fees / transfers of long term loanees. Then there's the Hazard / Morata money knocking about and with Willian (120k) and Pedro (100k) leaving that frees up some wages.

That said, what separates Liverpool from the rest of the league is their back line. Trent and Robbo are unmatchable, Virgil is the leagues best and Gomez / Matip do the job alongside him. Signing attackers is great but I would imagine we need to strengthen our back four before we could mount a serious title challenge.

Did Abram not drop 240-odd million into your coffers in the last while? Whats this "think we could afford it"? 

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

I think Trent and Robinson have a club/, manager that get the most from them. I don't think their talent is unmatchable.