Football 19/20

thetime

Even BBC have 4 live games. TV audience will be big if they pull a Liverpool or United game. Sky showing 25 of them for free including Merseyside derby first weekend back. BT, Sky (64 games) and Amazon sharing the rest but unsure how many Amazon will have.

Edited by jyoung

Rumours "high profile games" including deciders and local derbies may still be at neutral venues to stop fans congregating.. Some suggestions the merseyside derby might be at wembley??

Edited by lost

13 hours ago, lost said:

Premier league data analysts have apparently identified a correlation between home fans and percentage of possession from watching the German league restart.

currently 11/4 for Brighton to go down from sky bet. They are looking to be the team most affected.

I find Brighton the least memorable team in the league. IThey never seem particularly great or bad, I can't remember a single match they have played, I struggle to think of 5 players and I could be in a room full of them and would do well to pick out one in Glen Murray! Apologies to Brighton fans, but I wouldn't miss them!

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I assume the Manchester United vs Sheffield United one has been flagged as both sides are currently battling for the same spot but really? Are we really concerned about that? Liverpool fans will fume when they see this.

Edited by jyoung

15 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I assume the Manchester United vs Sheffield United one has been flagged as both sides are currently battling for the same spot but really? Are we really concerned about that? Liverpool fans will fume when they see this.

Not arsed really. If anything it gives us an advantage as they are all away fixtures. 

If people are going to be stupid enough to congregate at the ground, when they can't get in, then they'll probably still do it anyway. 

Neutral venue thing is a sham. Who on earth is going to comgregate outside a ground? Apart from Dominic Cummings.

People will be watching the football on TV. Once Liverpool win the league, there might be some that congregate outside Anfield. They could win it without even playing if City get beat off Anrsenal. 

I would hope the Scousers would not be stupid enough to congregate. Liverpool has been hit hard with the virus. The Althletico match being a contributor towards that.

There is absolutely no need for any matches to be played at neutral grounds and it is a bit of a farce to be honest.

Does seem strange that they think Liverpool fans are more likely to goto Newcastle or Manchester vs any other city in the UK which maybe chosen:

Manchester City v Liverpool

Newcastle v Liverpool

Everton v Liverpool

Also with Everton there are better places to meet in Liverpool than outside Goodison park. Also worth noting both Newcastle and Everton are not mathematically safe yet and losing a home match.

Not sure what happened to the post above.. vanished and then i couldn't edit it :bb:

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

You always seem to go straight back up!

I’m not quite sure of your age but i suspect in your lifetime the longest we’ve spent in the 2nd division is 2 seasons. 

I think it’s correct that since 1957/58 we’ve been spent all bar 9 seasons in the top flight. 

Just read in the guardian the guy who doesn't think Liverpool fans can be trusted to not act like morons is from South yorkshire police? Bet that's going down well with Liverpool fans..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/29/police-want-any-match-where-liverpool-can-win-title-played-at-neutral-venue

Edited by lost