Football 19/20

thetime

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

It seems City have refused to give UEFA the emails

:lol: 

That's an offence under UEFA rules.

That's one of the offences they've been found guilty of. 

And here's you claiming they're not guilty of breaking UEFA rules when you explicitly talk about how they've broken the rules.

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

The football authorities have a history of being bent and corrupt

Abu Dhabi has a history of being being and corrupt.

Manchester City FC has a history of being bent and corrupt.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

You're claiming already-proven-and-admitted liars (the last UEFA case & fine) as honest geezers.

And as they're already proven liars, perhaps admit that they are rather than show yourself as someone willing to go the extra mile with your own lies to back their lies?

Neil you're talking absolute bollocks and have no idea what on earth you are talking about. At least do some basic reasearch. City did not admit any wrong doing in relation to the alleged breach in 2010 or when ever it was. They said they complied and then UEFA actually changed the rules after City submitted their figures. If you are going to debate, at least have some idea of what you're talking about as you just come across as a know it all, know fuck all.

Here is what City said when they were initially punished:

The Club can confirm that it has been in discussions with UEFA over the last month - in relation to the application of Financial Fair Play regulations  - as has been widely reported and communicated by UEFA.   At the heart of those discussions is a fundamental disagreement between the Club’s and UEFA’s respective interpretations of the FFP regulations on players purchased before 2010.  The Club believes it has complied with the FFP regulations on this and all other matters. 

Now here are the facts. You have absolutely no idea about Manchester Cits finances. You have no idea about any of the evidence in this case. You basically know absolutely fuck all. Yet you just post absolute twoddle. You did not even know what CAS did and whether City could continue in their legal process after CAS. You just argue blindly, for the point of arguing.

Lets wait and see what happens in June.

How are your boys getting on? They still posting record profits and then trying to fuck the British tax payer over?

Edited by eastynh

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Yep.

And an audit of City by PwC proved them as porkies.

And City paid a fine.

Liverpool paid City for allegedly hacking into their systems and stealing information. Now lets be clear here, what Liverpool have allegedly done is illegal, what City have done is not. Should Liverpool be prosecuted in a court of law, seeing as they have oaid City money?

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Yep.

And an audit of City by PwC proved them as porkies.

And City paid a fine.

At least we have established you know fuck all. Lets see what happens in June.

You not gonna take that bet? £20 to charity that City don't get banned. 

21 hours ago, eastynh said:

Liverpool paid City for allegedly hacking into their systems and stealing information. Now lets be clear here, what Liverpool have allegedly done is illegal, what City have done is not. Should Liverpool be prosecuted in a court of law, seeing as they have oaid City money?

whataboutery. :rolleyes: 

Whatever other clubs might have done doesn't make City innocent. 

At least we have established you know fuck all. Lets see what happens in June.

City didn't pay a fine for previously breaking FFA rules when they said they hadn't? :lol: 

You not gonna take that bet? £20 to charity that City don't get banned. 

As you've liked to point out: there's a lot of corruption in footie
As you've liked to claim: you're certain that the corrupt system will definitely clear City.

Which can only be because you're thinking City can corrupt the system. ;) 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

City didn't pay a fine for previously breaking FFA rules when they said they hadn't? :lol: 

As you've liked to point out: there's a lot of corruption in footie
As you've liked to claim: you're certain that the corrupt system will definitely clear City.

Which can only be because you're thinking City can corrupt the system. ;) 

No I mean you know fuck all about anything to do with the entire case, nor do you know anything about city's financies. The amount of times I have had to correct your absolute nonsense is astounding.  Yet for some reason you still blabber on.

You just make stuff up and prattle on without having the foggiest idea what you're talking about. 

You said City admitted to breaching FFP regulations. I have shown you quite clearly that City have never admitted to breaking FFP regulations. You then suggest that City must have admitted it as they paid a fine. I asked you, does making a payment, make you guilty. I then highlighted the fact that Liverpool made a payment to City for an alleged criminal offence, which is a lot worse than City are alleged to have done. I asked again, does making a payment mean you are guilty, as by your measure then both City and Liverpool are guilty of the alleged offences. Therefore Liverpool should face criminal charges. You being a plastic Scouser means you don't like that and start saying whataboutery.  It was a fair point on my part to make. You can't have both ways. Either making payments means you're guilty or it doesn't. Which one is it?

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

No I mean you know fuck all about anything to do with the entire case

but i do know that City have been previously fined for breaking FFP rules, and they claimed then that that they'd done nothing wrong. Hmmmm. There seems to be a theme here. :P 

And I do know what those emails say, and if those emails are genuine (and not even you claim they're not) then it's clear evidence of City execs knowing that Etihad were not funding the sponsorship independently - which is a fact that City should have revealed to UEFA in support of the spirit of FFP rules.

You said City admitted to breaching FFP regulations. I have shown you quite clearly that City have never admitted to breaking FFP regulations. You then suggest that City must have admitted it as they paid a fine. I asked you, does making a payment, make you guilty.

No, making the payment is the acceptance of the guilt - AND THE RIGHT OF THAT ORG TO HAND DOWN JUDGEMENT - that's caused the payment.

I then highlighted the fact that Liverpool made a payment to City for an alleged criminal offence, which is a lot worse than City are alleged to have done.

it may or may not be worse, but it's 100% irrelevant to whether City are guilty of breaking FFP, or breaking UEFA's required disclosure rules. :rolleyes: 

I asked again, does making a payment mean you are guilty, as by your measure then both City and Liverpool are guilty of the alleged offences.

care to say why city paid if they didn't accept their guilt or the right of UEFA to hand down a judgement and penalty? :rolleyes: 

Therefore Liverpool should face criminal charges.

I'm happy for the law to take its course if that's the law's view*, just like I'm happy for UEFA to enforce its rules and penalties. :) 

( but it hasn't because..? City preferred corruption via a pay-off to it going to law. It's almost like City didn't want the law digging around for some reason, how odd).

You being a plastic Scouser means you don't like that and start saying whataboutery. 

it's whataboutery. :rolleyes:

Because it has fuck all to do with whether City are guilty or not.

It was a fair point on my part to make.

Utter crap. :lol: 

It's a fair point to make on its own merits, it's got no reasonable place as a defence of City's own crimes.

You can't have both ways. Either making payments means you're guilty or it doesn't. Which one is it?

Are Liverpool claiming it never happened to be equal to your own bullshit claims? Oh, they're not.

You'll like it - not a lot - that you've just demonstrated that Liverpool FC has much greater integrity than you. :P 

Edited by Neil

Really feel that the ‘home advantage’ that Dortmund will have tonight vs Bayern just shows how unfair it really is to try to complete the season as normal as possible using empty stadiums, and it’s impact on the integrity on the league and eventual winners. 

Bayern played Dortmund at home back in November and thrashed them 4-0 in front of their own fans. Dortmund pride themselves on the hostility of the ‘yellow wall’ and how intimidating this  atmosphere can make games for the opposing team. This is a huge advantage to them and really can be a 12th man, especially in such a key title decider against their rivals like this game.

Other than being more familiar with the changing rooms etc, what is any actual advantage of a home fixture in this instance? And how can it be fair that Dortmund don’t get the opportunity to play a genuine home match vs Bayern - the difference really could be 1 point, or 7 points. I get the whole needing to complete the season narrative, but it just doesn’t sit right if there are no runaway leaders in the league. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

Really feel that the ‘home advantage’ that Dortmund will have tonight vs Bayern just shows how unfair it really is to try to complete the season as normal as possible using empty stadiums, and it’s impact on the integrity on the league and eventual winners. 

Bayern played Dortmund at home back in November and thrashed them 4-0 in front of their own fans. Dortmund pride themselves on the hostility of the ‘yellow wall’ and how intimidating this  atmosphere can make games for the opposing team. This is a huge advantage to them and really can be a 12th man, especially in such a key title decider against their rivals like this game.

Other than being more familiar with the changing rooms etc, what is any actual advantage of a home fixture in this instance? And how can it be fair that Dortmund don’t get the opportunity to play a genuine home match vs Bayern - the difference really could be 1 point, or 7 points. I get the whole needing to complete the season narrative, but it just doesn’t sit right if there are no runaway leaders in the league. 

I think I read some bigger teams configure training pitches to match the stadium pitch, so could be some advantage there,

8 hours ago, st dan said:

Aside from more familiarity with the pitch size and facilities, theres a lot of advantages to being able to control the environment more. I know at Anfield the is conditioned for fast passing play to suit the teams style.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, st dan said:

I’ve read before that a lot of players have certain reference points/landmarks in their own stadiums that they aim for when shooting, crossing, passing long, etc.

It’s another reason teams often struggle initially when moving to a new ground.

Was really excited for the Dortmund v Bayern game yesterday but it turned out to be a bit boring. Nothing to do with the lack of fans... Bayern are just another level to the rest of the league. Scored a fantastic goal then just controlled the game for the entire second half. German league us as much of a 1 horse race as the Scottish league :D 

Premier league data analysts have apparently identified a correlation between home fans and percentage of possession from watching the German league restart.

currently 11/4 for Brighton to go down from sky bet. They are looking to be the team most affected.

33 minutes ago, lost said:

Premier league data analysts have apparently identified a correlation between home fans and percentage of possession from watching the German league restart.

currently 11/4 for Brighton to go down from sky bet. They are looking to be the team most affected.

Arsenal, City, Liverpool and United four of their next five games. Could definitely find themselves in a difficult position.