Football 19/20

thetime

On 5/12/2020 at 2:34 PM, The Nal said:

Is that the best England team ever, on paper anyway?

Gazza, Shearer, Seaman, Psycho, Ince, Adams, Platt, Steve Mc, Ferdinand....

I am not sure about talent, but it had some personality. The England 2018 semi final team in comparison had the combined charisma of a snail. Maybe just a sign of the times.

This made me laugh, South Korean football teams are using mannequins to fill empty seats during games however one team had to apologize for it as their supplier delivered sex dolls instead despite the dolls being fully clothed.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/south-korean-soccer-team-apologizes-for-filling-stands-with-sex-dolls/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So it's all over in Scotland, Celtic champs, Hesrts relegated.

Christ, if that happens in England, I hope they at least announce it on a Friday night.

No issue with Liverpool winning the league for that to happen in the Prem, but the real issue is Aston Villa. Game in hand due to making a cup final. 1 win would get them out of the relegation zone. 

Not sure how that works?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

So it's all over in Scotland, Celtic champs, Hesrts relegated.

Christ, if that happens in England, I hope they at least announce it on a Friday night.

Talk now of reconstruction involving a bigger top league with 2 up but no relegation.

Hearts leading a working group to explore the options lol.

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

yeah, would be priceless for you to see City admit to all the stuff you've been saying are lies. :P 

Lets wait and see what happens. We having a bet City don't get banned? £20 to charity?

City have not said anything, hence the accusation of being uncooperative 🤷‍♂️

Edited by eastynh

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

Lets wait and see what happens. We having a bet City don't get banned? £20 to charity?

I didn't predict the outcome, I said that City will be admitting at least some of the stuff you've been saying are lies. That's a given in a case which revolves around evidence.

I wouldn't be too surprised if CAS rules in City's favour on some sort of technicality because technicalities get the guilty off fairly often in legal processes everywhere. 

Are City morally guilty? Undoubtably; the emails show that City knew that the Etihad sponsorship wasn't really Etihad sponsorship but was instead the owner feeding the club money via a backdoor.

And remember: the main charge isn't about whether or not the owner is allowed to do that, but about City failing to disclose to UEFA what they knew about the money source for the Etihad deal as they're required to do.

How will the case go? Who knows. What we do know is that high-level sport is corrupt as fuck in favour of the big money, so the verdict may well be pretty meaningless whichever way it goes.

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

City have not said anything, hence the accusation of being uncooperative 🤷‍♂️

City are obliged by UEFA rules to engage in UEFA processes ... unless they don't want to play in UEFA competitions, of course. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I didn't predict the outcome, I said that City will be admitting at least some of the stuff you've been saying are lies. That's a given in a case which revolves around evidence.

I wouldn't be too surprised if CAS rules in City's favour on some sort of technicality because technicalities get the guilty off fairly often in legal processes everywhere. 

Are City morally guilty? Undoubtably; the emails show that City knew that the Etihad sponsorship wasn't really Etihad sponsorship but was instead the owner feeding the club money via a backdoor.

And remember: the main charge isn't about whether or not the owner is allowed to do that, but about City failing to disclose to UEFA what they knew about the money source for the Etihad deal as they're required to do.

How will the case go? Who knows. What we do know is that high-level sport is corrupt as fuck in favour of the big money, so the verdict may well be pretty meaningless whichever way it goes.

City are obliged by UEFA rules to engage in UEFA processes ... unless they don't want to play in UEFA competitions, of course. 

Its all bent as fuck. All this is through United, Liverpool and Arsenal having their noses put out of joint and losing big sums of money. There is nothing fair about FFP and you know that yourself. The whole things a sham. 

Now FFP is  being amended to support the football family due to the coronavirus. If FFP was fit for purpose then football clubs should be able to ride out the pandemic. Ironic that Liverpool and United are most at risk at present and they are the biggest advocates of FFP. Its a cartel and an absolute sham.

48 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its all bent as fuck.

yep, and very definitely including City's Etihad deal within that.

Which is why they're morally guilty. They did what the rules are designed to try and stop.

All this is through United, Liverpool and Arsenal having their noses put out of joint and losing big sums of money.

:lol: 

Nothing about City having the noses being put out of joint by taking the piss and being caught for it. Obvs. :lol: 

There is nothing fair about FFP and you know that yourself. The whole things a sham. 

It's not FFP that's on trial, and it doesn't matter a fuck for this case whether FFP is fair or not.

There's FFP rules, and City circumvented those rules and made false FFP filings to UEFA in regard to those rules. Rules City had agreed to abide by.

Now FFP is  being amended to support the football family due to the coronavirus. If FFP was fit for purpose then football clubs should be able to ride out the pandemic.

utter mindless bollocks. :rolleyes: 

If that was true you wouldn't personally be cashing in on furlough money, you'd spurn it because you should be able to ride out the pandemic.

Ironic that Liverpool and United are most at risk at present and they are the biggest advocates of FFP. Its a cartel and an absolute sham.

it may or may not be a cartel and wrong.

That's got fuck all to do with City *choosing* to abuse the rules they'd agree to follow.

54 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its all bent as fuck. All this is through United, Liverpool and Arsenal having their noses put out of joint and losing big sums of money. There is nothing fair about FFP and you know that yourself. The whole things a sham. 

Now FFP is  being amended to support the football family due to the coronavirus. If FFP was fit for purpose then football clubs should be able to ride out the pandemic. Ironic that Liverpool and United are most at risk at present and they are the biggest advocates of FFP. Its a cartel and an absolute sham.

You seem to flit wildly between two different defensive arguments:

1. We didn't break the rules.

2. It doesn't matter if we broke the rules as they are unfair.

Point 2 greatly undermining point 1.

• Like 1

Messy times in L1. Vote on continuing the season incoming - 51% needed. Unweighted PPG w/ promotions and relegations if not. Would move Wycombe from 8th to 3rd, Tranmere relegated in brutal fashion too. 

Tough to find 12 teams in the division who'll vote to play on. 

Peterborough, Sunderland, Ipswich and Tranmere are 4 dead certs. 

Pompey have come out and said their status hasn't changed - continue the season, if possible. Oxford and Fleetwood said similar, but there's a chance they might change their stance given their guaranteed play-offs if PPG is used. 

You might then get one or two of the mid-table clubs voting, and maybe even the likes of Southend or Bolton. 

I make it 6 very likely, then maybe 3 or 4 others. 12 is the magic number and I'm not sure if it'll be reached. 

I'd be happy with PPG. A play-off spot guaranteed, and no Peterborough. I'm stunned they haven't walked the league. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Messy times in L1. Vote on continuing the season incoming - 51% needed. Unweighted PPG w/ promotions and relegations if not. Would move Wycombe from 8th to 3rd, Tranmere relegated in brutal fashion too. 

Tough to find 12 teams in the division who'll vote to play on. 

Peterborough, Sunderland, Ipswich and Tranmere are 4 dead certs. 

Pompey have come out and said their status hasn't changed - continue the season, if possible. Oxford and Fleetwood said similar, but there's a chance they might change their stance given their guaranteed play-offs if PPG is used. 

You might then get one or two of the mid-table clubs voting, and maybe even the likes of Southend or Bolton. 

I make it 6 very likely, then maybe 3 or 4 others. 12 is the magic number and I'm not sure if it'll be reached. 

I'd be happy with PPG. A play-off spot guaranteed, and no Peterborough. I'm stunned they haven't walked the league. 

I would have thought a club like Tranmere would really struggle to pay their staff with no gate money and could still be relegated. I don't see league 1 football as viable.

39 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would have thought a club like Tranmere would really struggle to pay their staff with no gate money and could still be relegated. I don't see league 1 football as viable.

Yeah I agree. Messy situation but they needs fans back

On 5/21/2020 at 11:35 AM, mcshed said:

You seem to flit wildly between two different defensive arguments:

1. We didn't break the rules.

2. It doesn't matter if we broke the rules as they are unfair.

Point 2 greatly undermining point 1.

I have always maintained on here that FFP is a sham. It is there to protect a cartel of clubs at the top of the tree. It is protectionist and anti competitive. Even Arsene Wenger seems to have changed his tune and now agrees with what I have been saying all along.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-financial-fair-play-a4446401.html

Now United have paid out 811 million pound in interest and finance fees since the Glazers took over. Ironically they are still around 500 million in debt. That 800 million has just disappeared out of football. City's owner has invested money into football and not taken a penny out. Yet for some ridiculous reason, City are seen as the bad boys. You could not make it up.

In regards to your first point, I have never said that City have not broken any rules, I have always said that I have not got a clue and neither has anyone else. Neil has been judge, jury and executioner. He seems to think he knows all about City's financial dealings, when he has not got a clue. All he has seen is snippets from emails that were published in a German newspaper.

Now City's leading figures are adamant they have done nothing wrong, not broken any rules and have a body of irrefutable evidence that will totally clear any accusation of wrong doing. Since the owners at City took over, they have come good on everything they have said and everything they have promised. Why would I not believe them this time?

Now City have maintained that the email parts shown in Der Spiegel were taken out of context. If City were lying about this, do you not think Der Spiegel would have published the full email chain? 

Now if seems that UEFA don't even have the emails, all they have is the Der Spiegel articles. It seems City have refused to give UEFA the emails and have already made clear their distrust and impartially with the adjudicating bodies within UEFA. You will also see that the UEFA president has tried to distance UEFA from the adjudicating bodies and stated UEFA have no issues with City. City were then given another charge of failing to co-operate with the investigation. It seems City basically said fuck you, we don't trust you, we would rather present our evidence to an impartial body and let them adjudicate on it.

The football authorities have a history of being bent and corrupt, Manchester City's ownership don't. Now as I have said all along, I have no idea if City have broken any rules and I am no financial expert. But why on earth would I believe UEFA when City are adamant they have done nothing wrong??

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

In regards to your first point, I have never said that City have not broken any rules, I have always said that I have not got a clue and neither has anyone else. Neil has been judge, jury and executioner. He seems to think he knows all about City's financial dealings, when he has not got a clue. All he has seen is snippets from emails that were published in a German newspaper.

:lol: ... what a crock of absolute shite.

It's not me that's judged that City broke UEFA's rules, it's some of the world's most eminent lawyers.

(and biased-you says they don't know what they're talking about :lol: )

No one is disputing what's in those emails.

And those emails make clear that City execs knew that Etihad wasn't financing its sponsorship with City independently, but was instead being fed extra funds by its/City's owner in order to be able to pay for that sponsorship.

It's apparently the case that UEFA rules require honest disclosure of those facts, and City hadn't disclosed them.

It's been looked into by some of the world's most eminent lawyers who have concluded City broke UEFA's rules.

Edited by Neil

14 hours ago, eastynh said:

Since the owners at City took over, they have come good on everything they have said and everything they have promised. Why would I not believe them this time?

:lol: 

You're claiming already-proven-and-admitted liars (the last UEFA case & fine) as honest geezers.

And as they're already proven liars, perhaps admit that they are rather than show yourself as someone willing to go the extra mile with your own lies to back their lies?

Edited by Neil