Football 19/20

thetime

39 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

There are wealthy people in this country who have inherited millions and not even had to kick a ball.  Why are these people not being asked to contribute.  What I don't understand is of all the professions that produce millionaires. Only one seems to be a target.

I don't disagree - but that's not an argument to give footballers a free pass, it's an argument to go after the rest.

Seems to suggest they want completion. Deutsche Bank estimates here on lockdown but doesn't take into consideration what happens in autumn when it comes back though I guess that will be rolling lockdowns rather than nationwide.

date-of-restrictions-lifted.jpg

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1724322/2020/04/06/fifa-football-coronavirus-season-indefinitely/

• FIFA to extend 19-20 season indefinitely
  • Transfer window altered and contract extensions for players whose deals run out on Jun 30

I'm still not sure it's entirely clear what this means for anybody?

How can you enforce contract extensions? Surely that wouldn’t stand in court.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm glad they changed their mind but it should never have been an issue in the first place.

Yeah it's one of them, isn't it? Not a great look and people have long memories but right decision has been made at the end of the day.

Haven't heard of any furloughing at Chelsea so fingers crossed it stays that way. They opened their hotel to NHS staff immediately and recently teamed up with domestic abuse charity Refuge to match all donations for the next six weeks, so I'm pleased to see them offering their support.

Read that United’s non playing staff wage bill is somewhere around £1m - £1.5m a month, so imagine Liverpool’s would be something similar. So even if this were to go on for 6 months, you’re looking at a £6m - £9m outlay, which is hardly an astronomical amount to a club or that size, who are very healthy financially. Should never have been an option in the first place.  

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I read on twitter (so take it with a fistful of salt) that the staff of the Everton Shop in Liverpool ONE have been furloughed. If they're doing it for that store I would imagine they're doing it club-wide?

Apparently EFC don't own the store.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Oh right. Well that's.... odd.

Indeed.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fans-outraged-decision-make-five-6681158 

From January: "The club has not run the shop since it was outsourced first to JJB in 2006, before Kitbag took over the operation in 2009 – the same year it launched the Everton Two store at the Liverpool One shopping centre."

Edited by jyoung

No Shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitbag

Kitbag Limited (Now Fanatics International) has the rights to operate the official online stores of Manchester United, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Atletico de Madrid, Everton, Celtic, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, England Rugby, Valencia

Edited by lost

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Football clubs and players really getting a disproportionately rough time over all this aren't they? All very silly.

I think the clubs getting it for taking advantage of a govt scheme to protect people is right. Players are being targeted because they're the richest group of working class.