Football 19/20

thetime

That's it. The whole economy is suffering from financial implications as we've put everyone's health as priority. Footballs integrity will be damaged much more by it seeing its self as "special"

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Add the loan agreements that end as well. You may be right about financial implications, i would argue the integrity is damaged just as much.

Nah. Most premiere league teams will cope. It's the same as if they've had an injury, refuse to play to force a move e.t c.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Nah. Most premiere league teams will cope. It's the same as if they've had an injury, refuse to play to force a move e.t c.

You can prepare for injuries through your squad, admittedly the rich have bigger and better squads. Punishing a club because they are more exposed to contracts or loans (when they had no way of knowing) is no fairer than those punished through points per game. The integrity has gone whatever way they choose. Lets finish the season now and hopefully not impact on integrity of 2 league seasons.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

You can prepare for injuries through your squad, admittedly the rich have bigger and better squads. Punishing a club because they are more exposed to contracts or loans (when they had no way of knowing) is no fairer than those punished through points per game. The integrity has gone whatever way they choose. Lets finish the season now and hopefully not impact on integrity of 2 league seasons.

I'm.not against having the season standings stay as they are. Voiding is ridiculous so far in IMO

If they allow gatherings up to 50 people by july then theyll have closed door games. I think the odd team having loans recalled or contacts expired isnt the biggest hurdle.

The biggest hurdle is not the contracts or even the medical staff needed. Its stopping outside of Anfield looking like Le Parc des Princes after the PSG vs Dortmund game. You'd probably need every policeman in the country up there.

We've already seen in the press celebrations such as birthdays etc.. seem to be one of the biggest reasons people are breaking social distancing rules.

Edited by lost

6 minutes ago, lost said:

The biggest hurdle is not the contracts or even the medical staff needed. Its stopping outside of Anfield looking like Le Parc des Princes after the PSG vs Dortmund game. You'd probably need every policeman in the country up there.

We've already seen in the press celebrations such as birthdays etc.. seem to be one of the biggest reasons people are breaking social distancing rules.

Just have a rule that if a crowd forms, the match finishes instantly and there wont be any more games. I suspect what happened with PSG wouldn't happen today.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Just have a rule that if a crowd forms, the match finishes instantly and there wont be any more games. I suspect what happened with PSG wouldn't happen today.

How to guarantee Manchester Utd fans turn up outside Anfield

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It wont be at the football grounds. It would all be at one neutral venue.

The point still stands and its not a dig at any one club in particular but no-one can argue if any club was celebrating their first title in 30 years their fans would keep their celebrations down to numerous small parties each with less than 50 people.

Look we know your desperate for Liverpool to win the title but at least admit the reason your making these arguments. That its more important than whats going on with this virus.

Edited by lost

6 minutes ago, lost said:

The point still stands and its not a dig at any one club in particular but no-one can argue if any club was celebrating their first title in 30 years their fans would keep their celebrations down to numerous small parties each with less than 50 people.

Look we know your desperate for Liverpool to win the title but at least admit the reason your making these arguments. That its more important than whats going on with this virus.

Lol what? I'm not a liverpool fan. 

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what? I'm not a liverpool fan. 

Yes we know. Wimbledon, famous for their rivalry and deep hatred of Manchester Utd and City.

Edited by lost

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

How would you define tread carefully?

I totally get the legal contractual elements that will be in play.

I was meaning that players might do well judging the public mood. Of course many won’t bother their arse and I agree with you about agents.

I mentioned Hearts a couple of weeks back. Club came out saying they were reducing wages. Agents not happy. Next thing club captain comes out volunteering to take huge pay cut. Fans happy and as far as I’m aware there was nothing more said. Players were told to accept it or they could walk.

No player bigger than the club and fans just wanting to get back to games. 

The aftermath of the virus won’t be a great backdrop for a football players strike was my general point.

6 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I totally get the legal contractual elements that will be in play.

I was meaning that players might do well judging the public mood. Of course many won’t bother their arse and I agree with you about agents.

I have no problems with players reducing wages. As i have said previously I do fear the government may try and manipulate public mood to take the heat off themselves and on to the rich footballers who are easy targets. I dont see our government as keen to point out how hedge fund managers should do their bit.

In terms of public mood we need tp accept that you can't put every footballer in a box. They all have individual circumstances. I suspect some may want to get back to their families in other countries and not stay here any longer. There will be some lower earning, young premiership players who are not millionaires and set for life. Should they be forced to sign a 2 month extension and risk injury when they can get 2 years elsewhere?

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I have no problems with players reducing wages. As i have said previously I do fear the government may try and manipulate public mood to take the heat off themselves and on to the rich footballers who are easy targets. I dont see our government as keen to point out how hedge fund managers should do their bit.

In terms of public mood we need tp accept that you can't put every footballer in a box. They all have individual circumstances. I suspect some may want to get back to their families in other countries and not stay here any longer. There will be some lower earning, young premiership players who are not millionaires and set for life. Should they be forced to sign a 2 month extension and risk injury when they can get 2 years elsewhere?

Nope. I don’t think anyone should be forced to sign anything.

I just pointed out that Hearts gave every player the opportunity to walk. Not ideal of course but as I keep pointing out my view is that the survival of the clubs is key here. Players come and go. Small clubs already lose players for nothing. Bosman etc.

Lots of talk today about football and integrity. That horse has bolted for me.

On your public mood point. I can’t see the public concern jumping very quickly from NHS nurses to Premiership footballers. 

Edited by Comfy Bean

4 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Nope. I don’t think anyone should be forced to sign anything.

I just pointed out that Hearts gave every player the opportunity to walk. Not ideal of course but as I keep pointing out my view is that the survival of the clubs is key here. Players come and go. Small clubs already lose players for nothing. Bosman etc.

Lots of talk today about football and integrity. That horse has bolted for me.

Well at present there is nowhere for Hearts players to walk too. They may think differently when there are. My club has put all players into furlough. Is that happening much around you?

My club have had 4 players in the Scotland u-21s this past year and one went on to win a full cap in October. This will never happen again and it’s been great watching them develop.

2 moved for nothing in January and the other 2 will leave for free and may well have now played their last games for the club.

Without games, prize money etc my club might go out the game. Players contracts will be a short term drama and the game will continue. Hopefully most clubs will still be there after this.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Well at present there is nowhere for Hearts players to walk too. They may think differently when there are. My club has put all players into furlough. Is that happening much around you?

Yeah the furlough thing has been great. Get what your saying about Hearts players but the point is the club have put their cards on the table. In time, talented young players will walk for free but as I’ve pointed out this is already happening. 

The fans have backed the Hearts Board and understand the main goal is the Club survives.

Absolutely shocking from Liverpool. Alongside Spurs they've had huge profits over the last few years and definitely have the funds to pay 100% of wages for a reasonably extended period. 

Really disappointed after the owners had been doing a lot of the right things in the last year or two.