Football 19/20

thetime

14 hours ago, Neil said:

what do you call a guy who's happily part of a regime that has it's political opposition disappear?

A despot.

All you're doing to proving it's impossible for you to take a fair view towards City's alleged financial fiddles - while calling UEFA biased. :lol: 

Der Spiegal doesn't have to. They're not the origin (outside of City) of the emails.

The origin of those emails is a Portugeezer called Rui Pinto.

it doesn't matter a fuck whether city's accounts are independently verified. :rolleyes: 

City have been caught out lying. City filed some words with UEFA. Those emails say something different but are from the very same gobs.

The difference is enough for City to be guilty. It doesn't matter a fuck which of the two versions is correct.

or alternatively, because they're arrogant fucks who don't believe UEFA have any right to administer the game.

One of those has public domain stuff to prove it true and one doesn't.

Not your version.

yeah, it's a dreadful thing for the public to want murderers locked up. 

endless endless endless bullshit from you. :rolleyes:

The emails are evidence. City's submissions to UEFA is evidence. The difference is evidence.

For city to be not guilty they need to prove the emails are fake. Want to tell us all when City will be adding to the lies they exist on?

Neil City don't have to prove the emails are fake. They have fully audited accounts.

You will argue till the cows come home about something you do not have a clue about. You don't know what City have been found guilty of and neither do the rest of

One thing is for certain, I am sure Cas will look more favourably on fully audited and independent accounts than they will of screenshots from newspaoer articles, as that is all UEFA have.

As for the despot, be is the patron of the company that has donated that centre to the NHS in London, for free. He has also paid all Citys staff fully, even the ones who are on zero hour contracts behind the food stalls in the stadium, for matches that have not even happened and work they have not done. Thats on top of the Etihad and training complex being given to the NHS for use. He is obviously a really bad man.

You go on like the UAE is this really bad place. I bet their health service all have sufficient ppe and I bet they don't have little scrotes wandering the street spitting and coughing at old people, or licking tins of food in supermarkets.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I love Copa90's Derby Days series. This one's great, though I think the Berlin one is also awesome.

Berlin episode is the best and taught me so much about the city. Really fascinating. The Boca / River Plate one was fully mental but for some reason got taken down from YouTube.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Neil City don't have to prove the emails are fake. They have fully audited accounts.

You will argue till the cows come home about something you do not have a clue about. You don't know what City have been found guilty of and neither do the rest of

One thing is for certain, I am sure Cas will look more favourably on fully audited and independent accounts than they will of screenshots from newspaoer articles, as that is all UEFA have.

As for the despot, be is the patron of the company that has donated that centre to the NHS in London, for free. He has also paid all Citys staff fully, even the ones who are on zero hour contracts behind the food stalls in the stadium, for matches that have not even happened and work they have not done. Thats on top of the Etihad and training complex being given to the NHS for use. He is obviously a really bad man.

You go on like the UAE is this really bad place. I bet their health service all have sufficient ppe and I bet they don't have little scrotes wandering the street spitting and coughing at old people, or licking tins of food in supermarkets.

As a footballing aside mate, City have signed a young lad Liam Smith from the SFA performance school round my way that Billy Gilmour was at. 

He was signed locally for Kilmarnock who he never kicked a ball for. Good reports locally that City were happy to pay a significant fee and not go down the tribunal route thing where they end up paying buttons. He plays at the back and apparently bags of potential.

In other news Chelsea trying to sign Billy Gilmours  younger brother from the same sfa school. Another kid went to Bayern Munich last year.

FA were way ahead of SFA on these schools but maybe just maybe some good development happening with young Scottish players.

9 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Reckon with footballers, the 90minutes is only part of their “job”. If they are training ( obviously not in a large group ) under the direction of their club then they are working so would they qualify under the spirit of the government scheme....?

govt scheme only pays up-to £2500pm.

Stand out of the way, there's pro footballers rushing to sign up. :P 

Edited by Neil

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

They have fully audited accounts.

that match what's in the emails, once you know what's happening from the emails.

Doh!

erm ... UEFA have said what they're guilty of. :rolleyes: 

Manchester City was found guilty of two charges:

1. of falsely inflating sponsorship revenues when making submissions as part of the Financial Fair Play (FFP) compliance process;

2. of breaching regulations by failing to cooperate in the investigation of the case by the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB).

Go on, tell me all about how they co-operated. :lol: 

you mean auditors have never been conned by crooks? :lol: 

City have already been caught out taking the piss towards UEFA with those "fully audited" accounts - and admitted their guilt - but here's you saying it's impossible that they've done it again.

and has his political opposition murdered. 

But hey, that's a minor thing. Let's big up the despot generously handing out the stuff he acquired by despotism.

You go on like the UAE is this really bad place.

The UAE is a really bad place.

Like 8 weeks in jail for falling asleep in a taxi.

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Interesting.

someone round here has pointed out several times that the season is fucked if it's not wrapped up by 30th June because of player contracts. :P 

3 hours ago, Neil said:

that match what's in the emails, once you know what's happening from the emails.

Doh!

erm ... UEFA have said what they're guilty of. :rolleyes: 

Manchester City was found guilty of two charges:

1. of falsely inflating sponsorship revenues when making submissions as part of the Financial Fair Play (FFP) compliance process;

2. of breaching regulations by failing to cooperate in the investigation of the case by the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB).

Go on, tell me all about how they co-operated. :lol: 

you mean auditors have never been conned by crooks? :lol: 

City have already been caught out taking the piss towards UEFA with those "fully audited" accounts - and admitted their guilt - but here's you saying it's impossible that they've done it again.

and has his political opposition murdered. 

But hey, that's a minor thing. Let's big up the despot generously handing out the stuff he acquired by despotism.

The UAE is a really bad place.

Like 8 weeks in jail for falling asleep in a taxi.

Neil you have no idea whats going on with City and you have no idea what happened at City years ago in relation to the failure. City would have passed FFP if IEFA had not changed the specifics in relation to plater wages AFTER the deadline for showing UEFA their books had passed. UEFA were determined to find guilty of something.

This time UEFA have nothing, they don't even have the actual emails. They have newspaper reports. Would you be happy if you were found guilty of something and lost your business because of newspaper reports? Especially if the newspaper had admitted previously falsifying stories. 

You just want City to be found guilty and banned for some strange reason. Do you not like arabs or something?

All you do is prattle on about the supposed bad Abu Dhabi do and reference reports. Now thats fair enough and it it happens it is abhorent. But there is absolutely no evidence that Sheikh Mansour is involved with any malpractice, yet you are quick to label him. Yet when you look at the evidence, all he has done is good for not just Manchester but this country in general. Yet you sneer at him as if he is a piece of scum. This country went to war illegally in Iraq and killed millions of innocent people. I would say thats worse than what goes on in Abu Dhabi. The way the British behave not only on internal but also worlds matters is far worse than what goes on in Abu Dhabi. But lets ignore that are give the arabs a load of shit becasue they make it difficult for my football team. The UAE is the way it is because of the way the British shit on them and left. I would say they have made fantastic progress in the 50 years. Put it into context, there has been a Parliment in England since 1215. It was illegal to be homosexual in this country until 1967. The Peterloo massacre was in 1819. So it took hundreds of years for this country to get its shit sorted, yet you sit there and sneer at a nation that has had 50 years to drag itself from the rubble and shithole we left it in. 

Now I don't think you are an idiot Neil and I do not and hope that you are not racist but something does not add up with you. It is as if you have no common sense what so ever. 

25 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Neil you have no idea whats going on with City and you have no idea what happened at City years ago in relation to the failure. City would have passed FFP if IEFA had not changed the specifics in relation to plater wages AFTER the deadline for showing UEFA their books had passed. UEFA were determined to find guilty of something.

so what you're saying is that UEFA got City corruptly, but City were still lying c**ts? 

It's the lying c**ts parts they seem to be guilty of again this time, while you say it's impossible that they're lying c**ts. 

This time UEFA have nothing

UEFA have city's official submissions to UEFA.

, they don't even have the actual emails.

why do you think it's impossible for anyone at UEFA to buy a newspaper? 

UEFA have the evidence and now it's up to city to cooperate and prove those emails as false. It's odd that they don't, and odd they'd rather be guilty of breaking UEFA rules than prove themselves innocent.

They have newspaper reports.

precidence says that's admissible evidence for CAS

Would you be happy if you were found guilty of something and lost your business because of newspaper reports? Especially if the newspaper had admitted previously falsifying stories. 

Me, I'd be happy to supply the documents to prove myself innocent, if I was innocent.

How odd that City won't do what any sensible person would do. 

You just want City to be found guilty and banned for some strange reason. Do you not like arabs or something?

I want city to be foubnd guilty of breaking the rulres if they've broken the rules.

And even if CAS say the emails are a crock of shit City have still broken the rules. Oh dear.

All you do is prattle on about the supposed bad Abu Dhabi do and reference reports.

And i can reference my brother and his 8 weeks in an Abu Dhabi jail. For falling asleep in a taxi.

But there is absolutely no evidence that Sheikh Mansour is involved with any malpractice,

"malpractice". :lol: :lol: 

And yes, there is. :rolleyes: 

Yet you sneer at him as if he is a piece of scum.

Alongside the scummy despot Mike Ashley is a man of integrity with high moral standards. 

This country went to war illegally in Iraq and killed millions of innocent people. I would say thats worse than what goes on in Abu Dhabi.

your despot is better than other despots? High praise indeed. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

someone round here has pointed out several times that the season is fucked if it's not wrapped up by 30th June because of player contracts. :P 

Which is why the season would surely need to be void if it cannot be completed by then? You can’t restart the league in September for example, with squads having different players etc from when it paused - it just can’t happen.
So surely that means behind closed doors games, or void - because there is no way we will be a position for football matches to go ahead as normal within the next 3 months. 

22 minutes ago, st dan said:

Which is why the season would surely need to be void if it cannot be completed by then? You can’t restart the league in September for example, with squads having different players etc from when it paused - it just can’t happen.
So surely that means behind closed doors games, or void - because there is no way we will be a position for football matches to go ahead as normal within the next 3 months. 

As posted, UEFA could refuse champ leagues participation if voided, esp as Belgium have now completed their season. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

As posted, UEFA could refuse champ leagues participation if voided, esp as Belgium have now completed their season. 

That’s all well and good from UEFA, but I’d love to see the Champions League without teams from England, Italy, France, Spain and Germany in it - all of whom are amongst the worse affected by this, and voiding the season is a real possibility for these leagues at this stage.  

2 hours ago, st dan said:

you're forgetting the other option of using current positions.

Cos if different squads with different players is a thing, it should also surely stop teams from a year ago having a more-rightful place in the next CL than a teams from recently.

2 hours ago, st dan said:

That’s all well and good from UEFA, but I’d love to see the Champions League without teams from England, Italy, France, Spain and Germany in it - all of whom are amongst the worse affected by this, and voiding the season is a real possibility for these leagues at this stage.  

Why are they amongst the worse affected?

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

you're forgetting the other option of using current positions.

Cos if different squads with different players is a thing, it should also surely stop teams from a year ago having a more-rightful place in the next CL than a teams from recently.

True - although I’m not sure the current positions thing works with some teams having games in hand. It’s a fair call in Belgium as all teams had played the same about of games.
The only way in the PL it could work is if Sheff Utd and in particular Villa play their games in hand behind closed doors, and then take the cut from there. Although it’s not really an ideal solution for many reasons. 

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Why are they amongst the worse affected?

Because the countries I listed are 5 of the top 10 countries globally currently by the virus, both in terms of cases and deaths. So football is the least of the concern for these countries at the moment, and they happen to call the majority of the shots in how the game is run / how it will continue. 

58 minutes ago, st dan said:

although I’m not sure the current positions thing works with some teams having games in hand.

Nothing works perfectly, but some things work better for going forwards from this mess than others do.

That issue is best dealt with by using points (etc) per-game-played to decide the positions.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Because the countries I listed are 5 of the top 10 countries globally currently by the virus, both in terms of cases and deaths. So football is the least of the concern for these countries at the moment, and they happen to call the majority of the shots in how the game is run / how it will continue. 

Sorry misunderstood. Thought you meant worst affected from voiding the season.