Football 19/20

thetime

27 minutes ago, eastynh said:

So Sheikh Mansour is not a despot then?

Sheikh Mansour is Citys owner. He is not a ruler, nor a man who holds absolute power, therefore by definition, he is not a despot.

he is (or was?) the deputy PM of that despotic state, and a significant member of part of the ruling family, a family who run that state without democracy and with repression.

It's laughable to pretend he's nothing to do with what goes on.

UEFA have screenshots of articles from a newspaper which has previously admitted releasing false news stories.

I'm pretty sure that UEFA has the documents those newspapers published. Matey who provided them has certainly offered them to UEFA (I can't remember all details now, can't be bothered to google).

And City hasn't said they're fake.

They have nothing which incriminates City of any wrong doing.

PMSL :lol: - you cannot possibly know.

We do know that City have made sworn declarations to UEFA that certain things are the truth, and we do know that UEFA say those declarations differ from what is in the published emails.

That difference incriminates City.

(Whether or not what UEFA say about the difference is true is something else).

They don't even hsve the actual emails 😂😂

If city get off on a technicality that doesn't mean City are the good guys, it means they're the c**ts UEFA have nailed them as. :) 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Oh god can we not get into the city champs league ban again...

You can always choose not to read them. I have no issue with people chatting about whatever bollocks they want during these times where much less is happening. 

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

he is (or was?) the deputy PM of that despotic state, and a significant member of part of the ruling family, a family who run that state without democracy and with repression.

It's laughable to pretend he's nothing to do with what goes on.

I'm pretty sure that UEFA has the documents those newspapers published. Matey who provided them has certainly offered them to UEFA (I can't remember all details now, can't be bothered to google).

And City hasn't said they're fake.

PMSL :lol: - you cannot possibly know.

We do know that City have made sworn declarations to UEFA that certain things are the truth, and we do know that UEFA say those declarations differ from what is in the published emails.

That difference incriminates City.

(Whether or not what UEFA say about the difference is true is something else).

If city get off on a technicality that doesn't mean City are the good guys, it means they're the c**ts UEFA have nailed them as. :) 

So after all that, he is not a despot then?

Also UEFA have nothing. Der Spiegal did not give UEFA any emails. All UEFA have is newspaper reports. Good luck getting those to stand up in front of an impartial body, especially when City have independently verified accounts.

There is reason City are so confident and unwilling to accept any punishment, thats because they know UEFA have fuck all.

Its other clubs who have pushed UEFA to punish City, even though there is no evidence of City actually doing anything wrong. Some of these clubs have even rounded up other clubs in the Premier League and written to CAS. What the fucks that about? They must have pissed themselves when they opened the letter.

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

So after all that, he is not a despot then?

what do you call a guy who's happily part of a regime that has it's political opposition disappear?

A despot.

All you're doing to proving it's impossible for you to take a fair view towards City's alleged financial fiddles - while calling UEFA biased. :lol: 

Also UEFA have nothing. Der Spiegal did not give UEFA any emails.

Der Spiegal doesn't have to. They're not the origin (outside of City) of the emails.

The origin of those emails is a Portugeezer called Rui Pinto.

All UEFA have is newspaper reports. Good luck getting those to stand up in front of an impartial body, especially when City have independently verified accounts.

it doesn't matter a fuck whether city's accounts are independently verified. :rolleyes: 

City have been caught out lying. City filed some words with UEFA. Those emails say something different but are from the very same gobs.

The difference is enough for City to be guilty. It doesn't matter a fuck which of the two versions is correct.

There is reason City are so confident and unwilling to accept any punishment, thats because they know UEFA have fuck all.

or alternatively, because they're arrogant fucks who don't believe UEFA have any right to administer the game.

One of those has public domain stuff to prove it true and one doesn't.

Not your version.

Its other clubs who have pushed UEFA to punish City,

yeah, it's a dreadful thing for the public to want murderers locked up. 

even though there is no evidence of City actually doing anything wrong.

endless endless endless bullshit from you. :rolleyes:

The emails are evidence. City's submissions to UEFA is evidence. The difference is evidence.

For city to be not guilty they need to prove the emails are fake. Want to tell us all when City will be adding to the lies they exist on?

Also UEFA have nothing.

another thing UEFA have are the investigations and auditing by PwC for last time City were caught lying - which City have already admitted with the last UEFA settlement - where PwC spotted many of the fiddles that are said in the emails which proves the emails accurate.

Oh dear. :lol: 

City could make all this go away by releasing the replies to the published emails, with other City execs correcting the City execs who wrote the published emails.

Isn't it odd that City don't want to prove themselves innocent? :lol: 

Edited by Neil

here you go easty, have a read...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2020/02/16/uefa-ban-manchester-city-for-2-years-separating-the-facts-from-fiction/

1. the emails can probably be used as evidence, stolen or not (although we don't actually know if UEFA used them, anyway. UEFA has a lot of stuff from the previous-case PwC audit). 

2. go on, tell me that City aren't guilty of refusing to co-operate. :P 

And this...

the charge does not relate to failing to meet FFP requirements but rather the fraudulent submission of documents and failing to cooperate with the investigation.

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Interesting to see who act like twats during this

I would hope this may in the future rein in the excessive money being played on wages for players, (i cant see how any player is worth over 200k a week regardless of how such a footballers career is)

however doubt this will ever happen..........

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Spurs, newcastle and Norwich asking for job retention grants whilst not reducing player wages...

I was braced for Newcastle being the only ones to do this. Given the club has also charged fans the direct debits for season tickets for next season when we don't know when, if ever, 2020/21 will kick-off, it seems entirely on-brand. And I can't even take solace that this takeover rumour might actually be the one because the damage is being done.

I have seen news of some lower leagues furloughing or considering furloughing staff, but a lot of clubs were in deep shit financially down there pre-pandemic. So I can imagine they might see it as a necessary evil.

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

I saw that article about Atalanta.

Reminds me of this doc... Worth a watch.

I love Copa90's Derby Days series. This one's great, though I think the Berlin one is also awesome.

2 hours ago, lost said:

And tennis canned till mid-July. Very difficult to have one sport going on whilst others are stopped.

Yeah the now-cancelled Wimbledon was about the time that football was considering its little mini-tournament to wrap up the Premier League.

I think you have to wait 2 weeks or so to know that's definitely a no-go alternate date, but it does feel like an unworkable one at this point.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I was braced for Newcastle being the only ones to do this. Given the club has also charged fans the direct debits for season tickets for next season when we don't know when, if ever, 2020/21 will kick-off, it seems entirely on-brand. And I can't even take solace that this takeover rumour might actually be the one because the damage is being done.

I have seen news of some lower leagues furloughing or considering furloughing staff, but a lot of clubs were in deep shit financially down there pre-pandemic. So I can imagine they might see it as a necessary evil.

I love Copa90's Derby Days series. This one's great, though I think the Berlin one is also awesome.

Yeah the now-cancelled Wimbledon was about the time that football was considering its little mini-tournament to wrap up the Premier League.

I think you have to wait 2 weeks or so to know that's definitely a no-go alternate date, but it does feel like an unworkable one at this point.

For Wimbledon its more the international element, which made it unworkable. As most premier league clubs and players are in the UK, in theory should be easier (not that I'm saying it will be of course)

I dont have a massive problem with lower league clubs furloughing staff given their situations for the most part. Premiere league is a different matter...

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

For Wimbledon its more the international element, which made it unworkable. As most premier league clubs and players are in the UK, in theory should be easier (not that I'm saying it will be of course)

I dont have a massive problem with lower league clubs furloughing staff given their situations for the most part. Premiere league is a different matter...

Yeah. I think that's probably going to cause issues for other sports as well. I would be amazed if, for instance, F1 can make anything happen this year.

I'm not sure what to make for the PL. As much as it is an obscenely wealthy division, I'm willing to guess the hit of potentially refunding its broadcasters all of this season's TV money if this current season has to be voided must be playing on their minds. So I can see there is already anxiety, much as this in other seemingly profitable businesses like air travel that have suddenly seen a total collapse in earnings. But top-level football has such shit PR that it was only going to be really tone deaf to go straight in with this move.

Edited by charlierc

Reckon with footballers, the 90minutes is only part of their “job”. If they are training ( obviously not in a large group ) under the direction of their club then they are working so would they qualify under the spirit of the government scheme....?

Football club ticket office staff now sitting in the house is obviously a different situation that would qualify I reckon.

Edited by Comfy Bean