Football 19/20

thetime

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

The Burnley vs Bournmouth goal no goal back for a peno is as bad as I've seen. An absolute shambles. 

Think there was an incident like that in the Nations League finals in Portugal last summer.

But it is bizarre really. I expected the first season of VAR would not run smoothly, and that it would have a few iffy weekends, but these are getting increasingly toxic and bad for the device's long-term future in the sport.

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

Look at the UEFA judgement. Not just the city press releases about the judgement 

UEFA have not released any details in regards to their judgement.

You have been adamant City are guilty and constantly said they have been proven to be so. When asked numerous times to back up your claims, you have failed to do so.

Now I have defended City vigorously but at least I can admit that I do not have a clue, I am just going off what the club has said. You are totally entrenched in your view and can't be impartial in your view. Now I am as blue eyed as you can get, a City fan for 40 years. I would have thought a fan with no connection to City or to their rivals could show some objectivity. Unfirtunately it seems you have been brainwashed by the idiots on Twitter like the Harris nuggets and Miguel Delaney.

It would be nice to see you back up your claims that City are definitely guilty.

Edited by eastynh

59 minutes ago, eastynh said:

UEFA have not released any details in regards to their judgement.

You have been adamant City are guilty and constantly said they have been proven to be so. When asked numerous times to back up your claims, you have failed to do so.

Now I have defended City vigorously but at least I can admit that I do not have a clue, I am just going off what the club has said. You are totally entrenched in your view and can't be impartial in your view. Now I am as blue eyed as you can get, a City fan for 40 years. I would have thought a fan with no connection to City or to their rivals could show some objectivity. Unfirtunately it seems you have been brainwashed by the idiots on Twitter like the Harris nuggets and Miguel Delaney.

It would be nice to see you back up your claims that City are definitely guilty.

Well because they were behaving like trump in being caught red handed and blaming the institution regulating them, biased journalists and shouting 'fake news'.

If you dont know but defend them 100% anyway, that's fine but makes you a fandamentalist!

And city haven't provided any evidence against the accusations accept say 'DIDNT DO IT'

Edited by zahidf

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

There is absolutely nothing at all against FFP regulations that says the national governement of any nation can't fulfill the financial obligations of its national airline. Nothing, not a single thing.

Yes there is - the exact words are about funding from "related interests" - but that's not what City have been done for anyway. City have been done for telling porkies about their genuine income.

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

It does not matter where Etihad got its money as long as it did not originate from Sheikh Mansour.

not true. Read the UEFA FFP rules to see for yourself.

Do you think those highly respected judges who UEFA appointed to look at whether City broke UEFA's rules can't understand UEFA's rules?
(If you do, City won't get anywhere on appeal, because it'll be judges of the same calibre who'll hear an appeal :P )

23 hours ago, eastynh said:

What part of that concept are you finding difficult to understand?

:lol: 

20 hours ago, eastynh said:

Show me what rules they have broken and how they have done it.

the rule they've broken is one about accurately declaring the sources of funding.

I reckon those emails say something different about the sources of funding than City had previously told UEFA, but without City showing us what they previously told UEFA neither you or I can can know the basis of UEFA's conclusions.

What we do know is that some of the most respected legal minds in the world looked into the details for UEFA and reached that conclusion for UEFA.

City can always clear this up by going public with their own documents. It's odd they haven't done this.

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

Now I have defended City vigorously but at least I can admit that I do not have a clue, I am just going off what the club has said.

Now I have defended UEFA vigorously but at least I can admit that I do not have a clue, I am just going off what UEFA has said.

:P 

Where the judgement was reached by some of the most respected legal minds in the world.
(and not possibly-corrupt UEFA officials).

All City have to do now is prove that those very respected legal minds are corrupt, like you've believed because City have said so.

10 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am just going off what the club has said. You .... can't be impartial in your view.

PMSL :lol: 

Morning Donald.