Football 19/20

thetime

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

that's a great article.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

As a fan of a smaller club I'm very much in favour of the big boys fucking off to their Super League and never returning...

I get the sentiment, but I'm far from sure that would benefit football at a lower level.

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

Good article.  Seems to nail easty down...

Its a shit article, its just having a pop at City fans. Thats nothing new.

City are adamant they have done nothing wrong.  I believe the club until there is any evidence of wrong doing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51562352

Puma came out yesterday and said they believe the club. They have just signed a multi million pound deal with City. You would have thought that they would have done due dilligance. Same with Silver Lake. 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's evidence of wrong-doing, but you've gone all Trump about it and claim it cannot be evidence. ;) 

There is no evidence what so ever that proves City have done anything wrong, not one single piece. 

Citys management have continually protested their innocence. Until as such time evidence appears that City have broken any rules then I will support them on this issue.  

As for the one down comment, its not very tatseful but I have heard and seen far things said between people and I would be lying if I pretended to actually give a fuck.

25 minutes ago, eastynh said:

There is no evidence what so ever that proves City have done anything wrong, not one single piece. 

There's evidence. There isn't proof. Different things. :rolleyes: 

And there's no proof in the public domain. We don't know what UEFA has that it used to reach its verdict.

Meanwhile, whatever the evidence, that's not everything that's gone on. ;) 

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

There's evidence. There isn't proof. Different things. :rolleyes: 

And there's no proof in the public domain. We don't know what UEFA has that it used to reach its verdict.

Meanwhile, whatever the evidence, that's not everything that's gone on. ;) 

What good is evidence if it does not proove anything? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think at some point Easty you may have to accept that City have tried to circumvent the rules and have been caught out.

funny thing is, he's already accepted that - because he's admitted that he thinks they've bent the rules.

And then he flips, and claims they've done nothing wrong and there's no evidence of them doing anything wrong, that there's a conspiracy against them, that it's racism, etc, etc, etc. ;) 

Whether or not they've crossed the line to break the rules or get the case thrown out on a technicality, they HAVE tried to circumvent the rules and HAVE been caught out.

Bending the rules and breaking the rules are totally different things. City say they have done neither. 

I don't know what City have done, I have absolutely no idea. 

Innocent or guilty, I will still support them, as thats what fans do, you support your club through thick and thin. It is fair to say I have seen enough thin in my life when it comes to supporting City. This is fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

When you have seen your team relegated to the third tier while your local rivals are winning doubles and trebles, this is a load of crap. Getting banned from the champions league because an owner put his own money into his own club is fuck all in comparison. Cheating is fixing matches and taking PED's, or even what Boston Red Sox have done.

All City have done is what 90% of succesful clubs have done in the past.

I don't give a toss really. I hope we get off on a technicality, just to boil some piss.

Citys owners are confident it will be dropped and so am I.

Right I am off to the match, while I sing fuck UEFA all night 😊

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting piece on City here...

https://www.football365.com/news/man-city-football-uefa-cas-opinion

As a fan of a smaller club I'm very much in favour of the big boys fucking off to their Super League and never returning...

I've gone back and forth on this. Because I'm aware as a supporter of "not in the big 6" club we might have a chance of getting a high-end, even top 4 finish, but I'm wary the big commercial names would all prioritise a European Super League and they'd be way more insistent we'd have to watch it. And I can't lie there's a lucre to regular games - the Champions League knockouts usually produce some great games, with last season's being particularly fantastic. The odd thing is I'm not entirely sure its what supporters of these clubs want. I don't think many supporters of top end English clubs and a few others linked with this would really want to emancipate their leagues for this kind of thing.

Incidentally, I'd have been very surprised if Ferran Soriano had turned up for his big press conference today and said "I'm sorry we did naughty shit and we deserve to be punished." Partly because he's a bit of a militant guy anyway, but also because Man City's entire pretence has been "We're the victims here!" and they're not about to stop now.

2 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

That’s bullshit. Support the team, not the regime

What regime, what you talking about? I support Manchester City. Owners will come and go, good times will come and go, but I will be there till the day I die.

The owners have been absolutely fantastic for City, why would I not support them?

Even if they are guilty of what UEFA say, they are guilty of investing their money in my football club. Just think about the. Not breaking any laws, not asset stripping, not taking money out of the game, but actually investing money into it.

They have done more for Manchester than any Tory government. Citys owners have been nothing but absolutely fantastic.

23 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What regime, what you talking about? I support Manchester City. Owners will come and go, good times will come and go, but I will be there till the day I die.

The owners have been absolutely fantastic for City, why would I not support them?

Even if they are guilty of what UEFA say, they are guilty of investing their money in my football club. Just think about the. Not breaking any laws, not asset stripping, not taking money out of the game, but actually investing money into it.

They have done more for Manchester than any Tory government. Citys owners have been nothing but absolutely fantastic.

I think FSG have done a great job as owners of liverpool (great on the pitch, new main stand, new training facilities), but theres been plenty of reasons to be critical of them and it's fair to criticise them for that. They ticket price walk out was the main thing that's comes to mind.

For the sake of argument, say City are found to have mishandled finances and get a ban from Europe, surely that's worthy, thats surely worthy of scrutiny from fans? Or does all the success give them a pass?

Edited by Dan R

Bit of a lurker on here for the most part but @eastynh fair play to you, talking absolute sense here. Has anyone actually ignored their own agenda and taken a step back to look at this? The whole thing stinks. A lot of talk about bending / breaking rules but the only 'evidence' is these leaked emails, which look uncertain at best. City get what, 40-50m a year from Etihad, is that really an outrageous sponsorship deal? Etihad struggled to pay the sponsorship in 2014 and got state funding to help (not unusual, look at flybe recently).. state funding by the way, not funded from city's owner. Tbh 40-50m is a bargain to sponsor the shirt/stadium of a top club

19 minutes ago, doosrawin said:

Bit of a lurker on here for the most part but @eastynh fair play to you, talking absolute sense here. Has anyone actually ignored their own agenda and taken a step back to look at this? The whole thing stinks. A lot of talk about bending / breaking rules but the only 'evidence' is these leaked emails, which look uncertain at best. City get what, 40-50m a year from Etihad, is that really an outrageous sponsorship deal? Etihad struggled to pay the sponsorship in 2014 and got state funding to help (not unusual, look at flybe recently).. state funding by the way, not funded from city's owner. Tbh 40-50m is a bargain to sponsor the shirt/stadium of a top club

And maybe when City are a top club they could command that sort of fee.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

What regime, what you talking about? 

Not the City regime - although I was commentating on your insinuation that football supporters should support club owners always, regardless of their actions. 

I disagree - owners are more than capable, and often do, of making decisions not in the best interests of the football club.